• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

onilink88

These Wii U shots are incredible, who says the Wii U can't trade blows with the next-gen big boys?

Saying it can trade blows on a technical level is really pushing it, I think. That said, first party titles that will make proper use of the hardware are definitely looking better than what we got on the PS3/360 (i.e., the likes of SM3DW and X).

nib95

Banned
More Killzone

10943037344_1f6326ba57_o.png

Love this one. Reminds me of the end level from HL2, which I remember also has similar chasms and pitfalls.

CpjwdV0.jpg

Keep em coming!

I look forward to the day a PC first person shooter arrives with Crysis 3-tier technology and art that matches Killzone: Shadow Fall. I'm still pretty convinced Crysis 3 maxed out is more technically demanding, but it looks like poo in comparison because Guerrilla's art is just so goddamn good in combination with their own crazy tech.

Really keen to seen what Guerrilla is doing for their next IP.
This is the way i felt since crysis 1, awesome super demanding tech with art that holds it back.

ACIV looks great on Wii U! I actually did a story about it on Nintendo Life before release saying it looked great and got shot down. Glad to be proven right post-launch! Some of those Shadow Fall shots are just incredibly good. Can't wait to get my PS4!

Quick question - is there any point hooking up my capture card to get Wii U screenshots, or will the browser upload pics be just as good?

Pitmonkey

Quick question - is there any point hooking up my capture card to get Wii U screenshots, or will the browser upload pics be just as good?

All the shots seen from me are using the browser. The only time I can see it being worth the difference is for games running in 1080p over 720p. The WindWaker HD comes to mind, but every image I ever uploaded is a straight upload to imgur.

All the shots seen from me are using the browser. The only time I can see it being worth the difference is for games running in 1080p over 720p. The WindWaker HD comes to mind, but every image I ever uploaded is a straight upload to imgur.

Cool, cheers! Rayman Legends and Wind Waker might require a bit of capture card action, in that case!

That's because your external capture is encoding the signal :)

There are external capture cards that don't force encoding, like XCAPTURE-1 and Intensity Shuttle.

I use AVERMEDIA Game Broadcaster HD, and like most internal capture cards, it doesn't encode the signal, but is limited to YUV.

Yes, she has horns.
j/k

More Killzone
Awesome shots

Guerilla really should have employed you to take their captures...Your shots look so much better than the official captures...

Timu

That's because your external capture is encoding the signal :)

There are external capture cards that don't force encoding, like XCAPTURE-1 and Intensity Shuttle.

I use AVERMEDIA Game Broadcaster HD, and like most internal capture cards, it doesn't encode the signal, but is limited to YUV.
Wow, this is all new to me, I'm going to get the same internal capture card as you 2 weeks from now.=O

This thread will get interesting when Ryse comes out ;)
Sadly I won't be getting it on launch day, maybe a week or so after if it's any good, also, prepare for uspcaled shots unless you use DVI!!!

nib95

Banned
KZ looks amazing in some shots, but then there's this....

He's using a sniper rifle to zoom in on her face, meaning he's zooming in on a much lower quality LOD model. If that's what a low quality long distance character model looks like, it's mighty impressive if anything.

MDSLKTR

He's using a sniper rifle to zoom in on her face, meaning he's zooming in on a much lower quality LOD model. If that's what a low quality long distance character model looks like, it's mighty impressive if anything.

Her model is one of the best I've seen in gaming, hell every model in that game is ridiculous. The renders didn't lie.

flippedb

Banned
Her model is one of the best I've seen in gaming, hell every model in that game is ridiculous. The renders didn't lie.

From what I've seen on the shots, her model is one of the worse, if not the worst, in the game. Her face looks completely weird to me, slightly blurry even.

Antagon

Killzone seems plagued by what I'd call 'launch game syndrome'. Some shots look great, but there's a lot of shots where it seems that the devs just didn't know what to do with all the power and threw every effect that they could think off in at the same time. Makes the game look like a mess. Quite a shame, because as said, at times it looks great.

nib95

Banned
From what I've seen on the shots, her model is one of the worse, if not the worst, in the game. Her face looks completely weird to me, slightly blurry even.

Just because she's a Helghan, with pale skin and weird lips, does not mean her character model is not amazingly well realised.

980984_1376151502632328_1077680596_o.jpg

GFf4Bwd.jpg

f5b01d4e_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-1717-20-50-882.png

sXp8hNv.jpg

i22YmTVqtHLGo.jpg

6abe5dbc_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-1717-12-57-613.png

rJ1X1v9.jpg

jmls1121

Banned
Killzone seems plagued by what I'd call 'launch game syndrome'. Some shots look great, but there's a lot of shots where it seems that the devs just didn't know what to do with all the power and threw every effect that they could think off in at the same time. Makes the game look like a mess. Quite a shame, because as said, at times it looks great.

Yeah, I agree with this as well.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I picked up Killzone last night.
I own and have played Crysis 3, Battlefield 4 and Metro: Last Light completely maxed out on my comfy couch PC setup. Killzone looks better.

nib95

Banned
Looks ok, but I prefer the black dude, whose name I still ignore.

Older people usually always look more detailed in games, because they have wrinkles, harsher skin, more grain etc. But as far as female characters go, if you ignore the odd artistic features (pale skin, dark lips), Echo is one of the best female character models (visually and technically speaking) in gaming.

synce

Just because she's a Helghan, with pale skin and weird lips, does not mean her character model is not amazingly well realised.

<pics>

Agreed. I wish we had more unique characters like this in mainstream games. Too many stereotypes

And no I'm not a feminist, I just appreciate real women.

BTW love the wall of Echo pics... keep 'em coming :p

Skenzin

Banned
Have you had a chance to play shadow fall?

I need to try Shadow Falls SP, those shots look good. I will say (having never touched a Killzone). I find Shadow Fall to be really disapointing online. Of the three PS4 shooters im finding it to be the least fun, from the short time ive played it. It reminds me so much of PD0 online multiplayer,in that its all over the place. Maybe im not getting it enough time, most firefights end for me in lag explosion of what just happened.

FTF

man, this thread keeps making my PS4 launch games I want to get list grow…started with just Killzone and Resogun, and now it's those plus AC4, Flower (double dip), NBA2K14 and NFS.

Top Bottom