• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

This PS4 vs Wii U shot is crazy.

Yes, Wii U version is a real let down when the last game (BOs 2) looks better than the new game. Treyarch had to port IW code as each team has different engine built on top of the same engine. I guess they just got it working no optimizations possible.

Best next gen screenshot xD lol

ibwRplXCObe3XA.jpg

I'll see you that and raise you
pXafb7l.jpg

Dukey

Banned
I applied the 1080p AA update to AC4 on PS4 and there's not a huge change in visuals, but it is noticeable. Anyone worried that the changes will negatively impact the framerate, worry not. It's still rock solid.

BZgBVp7IQAAXQBg.jpg:orig

Pjsprojects

Look through my postings in this forum for a couple pages back. The Wii U version holds up very.. very well. (Water and all)

Yeah looks like I will be getting the WiiU version instead of the pc version.

Fully intend on picking a PS4 up at some point but tbh these third party games are not that much better than on WiiU.
My last WiiU Ghosts shot got taken at the weapons flash point, the PS4 shot is much darker which helps it look better.

Yeah looks like I will be getting the WiiU version instead of the pc version.

Fully intend on picking a PS4 up at some point but tbh these third party games are not that much better than on WiiU.
My last WiiU Ghosts shot got taken at the weapons flash point, the PS4 shot is much darker which helps it look better.

Do you have Black Ops 2 on Wii U? Some initial impressions is that CoD BOs 2 looks better than Ghosts. But maybe that is due to the framerate issue and the texture loading issues. They are supposed to release a big update for Wii U, want to know how that goes to pick it up.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Transparency layers are ludicrously expensive in 3D rendering. That one tree room in Battlefield 4 slaughters performance on ultra due to multiple layered transparencies from the fake light shafts. Volumetrics too are very expensive.

Both tend to be reliant on the CPU though, and with multi-core CPUs now the norm who knows what we'll get?

KKRT00

Transparency layers are ludicrously expensive in 3D rendering. That one tree room in Battlefield 4 slaughters performance on ultra due to multiple layered transparencies from the fake light shafts. Volumetrics too are very expensive.

Both tend to be reliant on the CPU though, and with multi-core CPUs now the norm who knows what we'll get?

Correct transparency yes :) This is where Mantle will help a lot. There is already nice algorithm that for example uses Iris Pro gpu in Grid 2.

Crysis 3 actually handles smoke transparency quite well and its not that heavy on performance [they have transparent and selfshadowed smoke on current gen platforms]. But i'd imagine it would be much expensive with with more precise technique and in full res alpha.

Pjsprojects

Do you have Black Ops 2 on Wii U? Some initial impressions is that CoD BOs 2 looks better than Ghosts. But maybe that is due to the framerate issue and the texture loading issues. They are supposed to release a big update for Wii U, want to know how that goes to pick it up.

Yeah I do have Black ops 2 on WiiU but have not taken any screenshots.
No one has posted Splinter cell pics yet for WiiU, thought that was ment to be a nice version. Iv'e only got it on pc sadly.

Jack_AG

Banned
Question, folks... are all those 1080p PS4 shots from FB upload or do some of you have capture cards? Curious since I don't use FB but might make a dummy account just to dump pics/video until a system export option happens.

vilmer_

Question, folks... are all those 1080p PS4 shots from FB upload or do some of you have capture cards? Curious since I don't use FB but might make a dummy account just to dump pics/video until a system export option happens.

I use a cap card, direct feed shots onry.

Jomjom

Banned
I thought there was some compression issue with sharing screenshots from the PS4? This last page of PS4 screenshots are looking super clean. What changed?

Also DAMN I need to get AC4.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
More Killzone 3 pics please, but none of that pre-rendered cutscene BS

What? Prerendered cutscenes look worse than the real-time stuff on all the PS4 games I've tried. (And on PC) Like a lot worse.
The prerendered reveal of Havana in AC4 is disgusting compared to what it looks like just after.
And it's Killzone 4.

Some BF4 snaps that I took during my four play throughs (why 4?, the game resets my campaign progress, unable to get beyond the Singapore mission)

857450_10202553316458188_696164539_o.jpg

884972_10202553269177006_1918185103_o.jpg

1400548_10202562412325579_1273663185_o.jpg

The game looks and plays spectacular on the PS4, it's such a sublime experience @ 60fps!

Pitmonkey

Honestly, Ubisoft did a lazy job on this port. I can't stress how much better the Texture work on Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is.

HrqtctT.jpg

kGlFLIj.jpg

WJqiRwT.jpg

9PnE2MG.jpg

XHaA3UW.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Correct transparency yes :) This is where Mantle will help a lot. There is already nice algorithm that for example uses Iris Pro gpu in Grid 2.

Crysis 3 actually handles smoke transparency quite well and its not that heavy on performance [they have transparent and selfshadowed smoke on current gen platforms]. But i'd imagine it would be much expensive with with more precise technique and in full res alpha.

Full res alphas or whatever is probably what drags down BF4's performance. Swapping effects from Ultra down to High nets you 20 - 30+ frames. The transparencies on Ultra do look really fucking good though.

PetrCobra

Honestly, Ubisoft did a lazy job on this port. I can't stress how much better the Texture work on Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is.

HrqtctT.jpg

kGlFLIj.jpg

WJqiRwT.jpg

9PnE2MG.jpg

XHaA3UW.jpg

Yeah.. I'll still grab this port down the line. It looks decent. Still got too many games to finish
MH3U plus the unplayed Ninty titles
but this is definitely on my list. Too bad Ubisoft probably doesn't count the late buyers when deciding on their future strategy ;-)

Timu

Thanks! I remember that Sony said something about how you couldn't capture through HDMI... How did you get around that limitation? An HDCP stripper?
He's taking screenshots with Fraps as the program he uses detects it. You can also record videos with it as well through Fraps.

Kssio_Aug

Sorry my noob question but, a 1080p native game played in a 720p TV, maintain a good image quality? Is it the same, better or worse than playing it at 720p native resolution?

Yeah.. I'll still grab this port down the line. It looks decent. Still got too many games to finish
MH3U plus the unplayed Ninty titles
but this is definitely on my list. Too bad Ubisoft probably doesn't count the late buyers when deciding on their future strategy ;-)

It is also on my Wii U list (Splinter Cell Blacklist).

Thanks @Pitmonkey, it looks decent enough to be enjoyed and it has some cool gamepad enhancements.

off topic: the 3rd party game we should be supporting is Deus Ex HR DC, that is the #1 3rd party game on my list.

Izayoi

Banned
He's taking screenshots with Fraps as the program he uses detects it. You can also record videos with it as well through Fraps.
Any word on the latency? Is it possible to play, for example, an online shooter and still do decently?

Top Bottom