• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

It is next gen, don't be an idiot, its the next GENERATION of Nintendo consoles

EDIT: anybody mind telling me how to screenshot on the wiiu? i honestly didn't even know it could! ill post some screens later!

Have you never even looked at Miiverse for even a few seconds? Posting to Miiverse has been there since launch.

You can now post directly to any image upload site via the Web Browser.

Are you guys trolling with all the Wii U pics?

Can you read?

ASTROID2

Assassins Creed 4 Wii U:
I really need to take some more shots this games beautiful.
wiiu_screenshot_tv_019xfgw.jpg

zlCfzRMAVLELAEaFKQ

haikira

Are you guys trolling with all the Wii U pics?

It is the next generation for Nintendo. Beauty is in the eye of beholder and while technically, the Nintendo console is far behind, good looking screenshots are good looking screenshots. I personally welcome the variety.

Kjellson

I have wondered this for a long time, but I have to ask now. Why is it that The Wonderful 101 looks much worse on Miiverse and image sites compared to when you played the game? It looks waaaaaaay jaggier. I haven't seen any other Wii U game look like that in screenshots.

Riki

I have wondered this for a long time, but I have to ask now. Why is it that The Wonderful 101 looks much worse on Miiverse and image sites compared to when you played the game? It looks waaaaaaay jaggier. I haven't seen any other Wii U game look like that in screenshots.

Games always look better in motion, on your TV. Just the nature of them, sadly.
Wonderful 101 uses very simplistic models, which doesn't help.

got the game and havent opened it yet. but i have heard from people playing that it is "in-between" gen like ubisoft said. Has some effect on Wii U that only ps4 xb1 has but ps360 doesnt. can wait to 7th gen is over so we can get games based on next gen engines.

Huh, i didn't know that! i might look into it now, and get rid of my ps3 version, its just not all that impressive on the ps3, and those screens look LOADS better than the ps3 version

again this is what i have heard from numerous people i know that has the game on Wii U and has an eye for detail. One of these days i will crack open my copy and start it. but i have COD:Ghost, Mario3dworld, and ALBW to finish first.

Well that's cool haha im pretty excited for 3Dworld and ALBW myself!!

Levyne

Banned
We could use some more PS4 pics. I love the Wii U stuff but almost seems over represented now, haha. Trying to get my brother to upload some.

Riki

We could use some more PS4 pics. I love the Wii U stuff but almost seems over represented now, haha. Trying to get my brother to upload some.

If Sony allowed for direct screen sharing to the Web it would probably happen more. Right now, we get badly compressed images that are a pain.

Kjellson

Games always look better in motion, on your TV. Just the nature of them, sadly.
Wonderful 101 uses very simplistic models, which doesn't help.
Yeah, but TW101 looks worse compared to other games.
But I guess you're right with the models.

Anyhow, here's a screenshot I took when Wind Waker came out:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01upuip.jpg

Didn't say people couldn't post as it is per definition a 'next-gen' console. I just wanted to look at PS4 screenshots or Xbox One shots when that's out. Not at that detestable dogshit from the Wii U we've already seen a million times for the past few months, the IQ alone makes me want to vomit.

Hence why I asked for a PS4 specific thread.

Look back to 2003. Wind Waker is one of the best looking games in terms of aging from that era. When we look back to 2013, all the cartoony aesthetic games will have aged better a.k.a WWHD, Pikmin3, Mario3dWorld

Got some 1920x1080 screenshots by hooking my PS3 up to my capture card and print-screening the previews. They have the slightest bit of compression, but it's probably the best I can do.

Click to expand:

Killzone (Boring game, pretty gfx)
iKMBGal89bTeV.png

ib16R2FH2ZpPAf.png

iO1pVJWCh86xe.png

iwjN5XXJZiB1W.png

iCk5lrVyVubqA.png

i7sanlgcxD0aM.png

iVhYqUoF9WQzs.png

Resogun (SO PRETTY)
imuz8Ngyf9IYB.png

iN0gzFqT9j3tz.png

iZ1BuJSy4R8AL.png

iHBhW7jYHPVXK.png

iBX4vKlCRURKB.png

PS4 UI (Boring)
iYVSEsENOzjGs.png

Also, add me on PSN. My thinger's "ThatsMyTrunks". I'm getting ready to sell Killzone, there's no way I'm finishing the campaign. Unless the multiplayer is good.

Riki

Got some 1920x1080 screenshots by hooking my PS3 up to my capture card and print-screening the previews. They have the slightest bit of compression, but it's probably the best I can do.

Also, add me on PSN. My thinger's "ThatsMyTrunks". I'm getting ready to sell Killzone, there's no way I'm finishing the campaign. Unless the multiplayer is good.

Night and day to the others. Beautiful games.

whitehawk

Banned

Thank you! Those look incredible. Sony really needs to get rid of the compression. It's only doing the games a dis-service.

Top Bottom