• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conversations with creators - Driveclub PS4 [New footage]

Portugeezer

So you are implying that the gameplay in in this video isn't optimized and could boost the fps to 60 when reaching optimization phase?
Nope, I'm implying the video footage for this "conversation with creators" has been originally captured or encoded at 24fps, this is even more evident because when the developers are talking they have the same repeating frames problem. It was then re-encoded into a 30fps video, so you get a bit of choppiness compared to a native 24fps video file.

Whether they can get the game running at 60fps, it seems they might be looking into doing that because they don't want to confirm it as a 30fps game yet.

EDIT: might as well put for new page:
The video file is at 29.97fps, but the video is actually running at 24fps, which means some frames repeat (about 1 frame of every 5 frames repeats i.e. 6 frames of a second of the footage are repeated)

In the gif I made before it captured this as I captures every frame, I now edited and removed repeated frames, so the gif is now 24fps with no repeated frames. I don't know if the gamersyde video has the same issue, I used the Youtube version.

OLD/repeating frames representing 30fps video
driveclubzgraffix4zodl.gif

EDITED/smoothed out representing 24fps video
driveclubzgraffix272bt8.gif

Very noticeable. To those who don't know this doesn't mean the game is 24fps. 24fps is a standard among video files too.

I think you can max whatever you want as much as you want, and it still won't look near as good as this. These interiors, and cohesiveness of everything, are something else. I love how sunset in this game looks so creamy smooth.

ibrWwxVIIJtsaW.gif

Grid 2 looks really nice but it still has that "codemasters" aesthetic to it that all of their games have. It's this overly bloomy sort of soft/dreamy looking light/bloom/object glow that while unique and cool looking in it's own right, doesn't really sit well with what I want visually out of a racing title.

IMO drive club is shaping up to be a fantastic looking game that I really want to pick up but (as I tweeted the dev's) I'm really only wanting to grab it if my fanatec CSR wheel/pedals are going to work. I absolutely LOATHE playing racing games, even arcade racers, with a game pad.

8 gigs of trees

Top Bottom