• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT4| Overwatch is filled with cheaters

baby

spunj analysis: these teams are pretty good but if renegades had the proper funding to play full time and live in america they would dominate

Hixx

Valve just banned Coaches from talking to their team during gameplay. Can talk in warm up, time-outs and half-time.

Nobody asked for this.

tootsi666

Rip Na'Vi

I don't think it's necessarily a bad rule (it's a 5v5 game etc.) but it's too late now. If Valve didn't like ingame coaches they should have banned them years ago.

KingKong

I really don't get why people are so upset at the rule change. It makes sense to me as a response to the top teams moving the IGL role to the coach and picking up fraggers

TUSR

Banned
My FK2 is arriving today, time to see how much I don't like it before ordering the new Logitech Pro mouse.

Lourio

RIP csgolounge.

csgolounge.com said:
Dear Community of csgolounge and dota2lounge,

Today we are announcing that we are closing our virtual items betting functionality with immediate effect. Depositing virtual skins and items in order to place a bet is not possible anymore.

At the moment we are working on a solution for items withdrawal, please stay tuned for an update on this topic.

Lounge will continue as an e-Sports entertainment and information platform with new features to be released very soon.

On behalf of Borewik, founder of CSGOLounge & Dota2Lounge
and the entire Lounges Team

Link

What's going on CS:GO bros? Been awhile!

baby

I really don't get why people are so upset at the rule change. It makes sense to me as a response to the top teams moving the IGL role to the coach and picking up fraggers

they waited until this style of cs was established to pass this rule, and furthermore the outside igl + 5 capable players makes for the best cs possible as having an igl requires one player to be essentially impaired.

Ludono

they waited until this style of cs was established to pass this rule, and furthermore the outside igl + 5 capable players makes for the best cs possible as having an igl requires one player to be essentially impaired.

Because of the coach role becoming more dominant in the scene, we've seen the level of CS getting better and better, which as a viewer is awesome. Who wants to go back to the days of having an ex6tenz bottom fragging every game?

Xizk

LOL at Blizzard censoring "gg ez" in Overwatch. People in the gaf thread cheering it on saying it made them sad when someone said it to them.

KingKong

Because of the coach role becoming more dominant in the scene, we've seen the level of CS getting better and better, which as a viewer is awesome. Who wants to go back to the days of having an ex6tenz bottom fragging every game?

I would say the level of CS is getting better has more to do with the money and new blood on the scene and not just the coaches. if you have an igl that can't keep up, they'd be replaced or the team wouldnt get results right? and its not like the coach is gone, they just can't have such a huge role in the game

I mostly watch pro Dota but thats how it works in that game, the captain is almost always in the support role because its easier to manage the game and even though they're not as mechanically skilled as other top pros they're essential to winning (but at the same time the top teams have coaches and managers and stats guys)

Xizk

Jonathan JablonowskiVerified account
‏@LiquidEliGE
@Nohte @vanalmelo player union has done jack shit, people do stupid shit like demanding first class flights and hotels so, nothing gets done

Sounds about right.

baby

I would say the level of CS is getting better has more to do with the money and new blood on the scene and not just the coaches. if you have an igl that can't keep up, they'd be replaced or the team wouldnt get results right? and its not like the coach is gone, they just can't have such a huge role in the game

I mostly watch pro Dota but thats how it works in that game, the captain is almost always in the support role because its easier to manage the game and even though they're not as mechanically skilled as other top pros they're essential to winning (but at the same time the top teams have coaches and managers and stats guys)

i mean theres really no such thing as a role in counterstrike besides igl and awper. theres playstyles, sure, but in the end everyone has to pull their weight. by outsourcing the igl, we ended up watching 5v5 instead of 4.5v4.5 because one dude is only half focused on playing his own game. very few teams have had igls that can pull their weight, and its not such a simple thing replacing a brilliant igl who cant perform in game. the only player that i can think of that can frag and lead at the same time was happy, and even he isnt really good enough to do that any more and it had more to do with his teams chemistry than his own leading ability.

dota and cs have completely different paces and requirements, i dont think they should have rules standardized between them

Ludono

Imagine a game of CS where nobody said "GG Ez" at the end.

It'd feel... incomplete?

I still miss the "banter" at half-time when we could still talk to the other team. THOSE WERE THE DAYS

Alright, I'm off until next week. Next time I'll be online I'll be back and school >:D

02153de3f9e6751d2f4e9e42d72ca52d.png

Dalibor68

Banned
Has there been any info/rumors/hints yet as to

1) when the next operation will come out? there was a pretty big gap between op wildfire and the one before that
2) when and where the next major will be? logic would suggest a dreamhack tournament, no?

thanks

rugioh

Banned
3 games in a row now where it's 4v5 from the first round, love this game

I've finally hopped onto the 'solo-queue is trash' bandwagon. Playing 10man/5-stack CS this week has been a big eye-opener to how much better the game feels when there is actual team coordination. After over a year of soloqueueing seriously I don't intend on going back

Hixx

sounds like flusha either disliked olof or dennis enough to leave fnatic no matter what

edit: they all wanted jw out for rain. but now flusha and krimz still playing with jw.

err

Xizk

Omen challenge starts in around 40min. I hope one of the punishments is that Niko has to watch one of his team mates play Clockwork Orange style.

Top Bottom