• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Court reinstates Tom Brady's 4 Game Suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If the Patriots didn't cheat, then why is Brady suspended for four games and why was their first round pick taken away?

I'm waiting for someone to lay out the fever dream where the "haters" are driving this via a mass conspiracy orchestrated by the NFL.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
If the Patriots didn't cheat, then why is Brady suspended for four games and why was their first round pick taken away?

I'm waiting for someone to lay out the fever dream where the "haters" are driving this via a mass conspiracy orchestrated by the NFL.
Because the Commissioner can literally do whatever he wants. It's right there in the ruling

Regardless of your thoughts on Brady this is a pretty devastating defeat for labor. The court has basically said that Goodell can do whatever he wants.

I don't understand how the NFLPA can be so pathetic. The NFL is the most profitable league in the world yet their players union is an absolute joke.

Cornbread78

Haope ya'll are ready for no football this fall:

Remember these:
JfqKOq8.jpg

fEaCpol.jpg

This could happen again this fall..

JABEE

You realize to the public having a suspension reinstated after being overturned after a year and having the actual evidence behind it be absolutely shit upon paints the Pats more favorably than ever before and points the finger squarely at Goodell for being an asshat right?

Oh no of course not it's JABEE.

Goodell burned the tapes on the first incident. The media wasn't doing their job the first time.

Brady knows he did it too.

hom3land

Because the NFL has their heads up their ass. Seriously just do some research. There was no deflating.

Here you go for starters

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...bcae4e-e540-11e5-b0fd-073d5930a7b7_story.html

JABEE

Exactly. If there's anyone to blame its the players union for basically giving him the power.

Goodell burns evidence with one hand and lays down justice with the other.

Kraft's Capo went rogue. Kraft's Frankenstein monster turned against his creator when he saw what he was created to do.

It was all for the good of mankind that Roger Goodell should seek redemption for his past indiscretions.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Clearly Brady is bad for the NFL

No spousal abuse, no drugs/steroids, no shootings or murders.

Better suspend him for four games until he straightens up and flies right.

Ensoul

He is suspended because Goodell can do what he wants. Ray Rice was first suspended 2 game until Goodell allegedly saw the tape. Greg Hardy, who was convicted of beating his girlfriend, ended up with four games. Why is Brady getting 4 games for this when domestic violence is worse?

ampere

Kinda surprised, but the CBA does suck in that it gives Goodell a ton of power. Guess the court just went with that angle

Jimmy G era begins??

Kinda surprised, but the CBA does suck in that it gives Goodell a ton of power. Guess the court just went with that angle

Basically. They only had to determine if Goodell overstepped his bounds, and he did not.

If you don't want your commissioner to Lord over you as God-Emperor, then your agreed upon CBA probably should not mandate a golden scepter be forged in dragonfire for him...

mr2xxx

Banned
The Justice system has redeemed itself in my eyes. It may treat minorities unfairly but it does the right thing when some thug in Uggs tries to cheat the system.

Everybody who isn't a Pats fan loves this though

They shouldn't though. Ruling basically gives Goodell the power to do whatever the hell he wants in the future regardless of any mistakes or facts they misconstrue. I have no idea why non-Pats fans would be happy about this.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000655649/article/tom-bradys-fourgame-suspension-reinstated

In a 33-page decision, the second circuit court's decision can be boiled down to the following statement:
"We hold that the commissioner properly exercised his broad discretion under the collective bargaining agreement and that his procedural rulings were properly grounded in that agreement and did not deprive Brady of fundamental fairness. Accordingly, we reverse the judgement of the district court and remand with instructions to confirm the award."

Brady haters will celebrate and stupidly miss the fact that this only empowers Goodell to be a bigger tyrant. I love this sport but hate this league more and more every season.
Didn't hear Pats fans crying for the Steelers when Goodell Made up rules after the season started then used them to punish James Harrison. Fuck the Pats and their entitled whining.

The NFL Players Association gave him this power not the courts

Well duh. Up till this point the NFLPA consistently owned the NFL in the courts. That won't be happening anymore. It's the NFLPA's fault, but it's not really something fans should be necessarily be happy about.

MechDX

Well duh. Up till this point the NFLPA consistently owned the NFL in the courts. That won't be happening anymore. It's the NFLPA's fault, but it's not really something fans just necessarily be happy about.

As fans we have no control over it so why sweat it? BTW I think this punishment is dumb over some PSI.

Some quick notes from Rand Getlin via Twitter:

Cg5q29KUcAEK2zO.jpg:large

Cg5r2YhUcAA-v_I.jpg:large

Cg5sZosUUAASRi9.jpg:large

Cornbread78

Everybody who isn't a Pats fan loves this though

I'm not sure if they are able to appeal or not, but this could very well lead to a strike before the season by the NFL-PA.

Brady is one of the ambassadors of the league and if Goodell can do what ever he wants to anyone at anytime, the NFL-PA screwed up and will want to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom