• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Covers that sound better than the original songs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Normally I would first think of Metallica when it comes to covers done better than originals (many songs from Garage Inc for example), but right now I'm on an 8bit binge, and I'm finding some of these to be better than the original songs themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjNnFlXR9D4

Definitely this one because I hate the original song, but I love this version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U517KKf6zj4

This one is also pretty fun, but I have to admit I prefer the actual song. This dude's page is awesome.

What about everyone else?

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2

no_michael_bluth.gif

I'd never heard this cover before. I'm usually a big fan of Sonata Arctica, but I think I prefer the Scorpions version here. Just hearing a bit of the original makes me want to start singing that shit out loud. Klaus' vocals are top notch when it comes to selling me on the lyrics. I feel like that man believes and feels every word he belts out.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Any cover of Bob Dylan is better than Bob Dylan.

There are a few that I really like the original recordings of, but yeah for the most part you're right. I mean Hendrix made All Along the Watchtower his fucking own.

I got pretty big into rock music after playing a ton of Guitar Hero 2.

After playing so much of that game I found out that most of the songs were covers and a few of them I liked better than the originals

DAFAQ!!

It never fails! I came into this thread to see this post so I can hate on it. This exact thread appears every few months and this inevitably gets posted. I honestly believe its the same guy with alt accounts trying to find ways of posting this same tripe!

I've never caught it before. I came in here to make a comment about how often this thread happens. Instead I wound up having to stop my brain from attempting to evacuate my skull after reading such a terrible opinion.

Ehh. I've never really cared for this. It's kind of fun, but doesn't outdo the original.

Their cover of Fade to Black is pretty fucking amazing, though. I wouldn't call it better than the original, but it's pretty different/unique and all around just awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom