• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 3 (XB/PC, Sumo Digital) E3 Trailer out Nov 7th

Alx

It looked fine, but it did not show any car driving, any big building destruction, nor much building climbing. It may all be there but I missed it in the trailer.

Yes I don't remember much except for big explosions all around. There was nothing to see in that video, but I'm still confident about the game. Hopefully you can still aim at specific parts of opponents/vehicles, hang onto ledges, make gangs fight each other,...

It makes perfect sense if you've played a Crackdown game before. How would getting the orbs (which is one of the best things about the games) be a challenge if you've destroyed all the buildings?

It also makes sense for the different missions. When a boss is hiding at the top of a heavily guarded tower, you'd ruin the whole experience if you could just make the whole building collapse and kill everybody in a single strike.

KageMaru

I dont disagree, but again dont advertise the game as having that feature and leading ppl to expect it.

As far as we know it's still in the game though, but only in the MP and that's always been the case. They've said from the beginning that the campaign won't have that kind of destruction.

MGrant

Those character models. That lighting. Those animations.

c5862b3c8ae45d6ff5cab6ecfd15dee6.gif

Looks like an XBLA game from 2008.

Vintage

I was so confused watching this trailer. I knew it should be Crackdown 3, but I just couldn't believe it looked like that.

They fucked it so bad.

Looks like Sumo Digital have just made a new game from the ground up in a year.

I think this is exactly what happened. They couldn't make the original vision work at all, it wasn't coming together, probably a year, a year and a half ago they said fuck it and just made a new game.

Stiler

It makes perfect sense if you've played a Crackdown game before. How would getting the orbs (which is one of the best things about the games) be a challenge if you've destroyed all the buildings?

After X time buildings are replaced.

Logically for gameplays sake you can't leave them destroyed permanently.

If you destroy one that has an orb on it you're out of luck until it comes back.

The game is not far from release the MP must be done mostly by now right? Why would you show whatever the crap that was and not the best part?? MS knew that was the best part too because that's all they ever talked about wrt this game.

Yes I don't remember much except for big explosions all around. There was nothing to see in that video, but I'm still confident about the game. Hopefully you can still aim at specific parts of opponents/vehicles, hang onto ledges, make gangs fight each other,...

It also makes sense for the different missions. When a boss is hiding at the top of a heavily guarded tower, you'd ruin the whole experience if you could just make the whole building collapse and kill everybody in a single strike.

Exactly, the game would have no challenge at all, no reason to bother chasing orbs to level up.

After X time buildings are replaced.

Logically for gameplays sake you can't leave them destroyed permanently.

If you destroy one that has an orb on it you're out of luck until it comes back.

See above.

element

First thing that IMMEDIATELY stood out to me

That and the destruction.... like, WTF happened to the development of this!?
Should be known that cloudgine & reagent are the same company both started by Dave Jones and both companies are VERY small, probably less than 30 people combined. They are a technology company, not a game developer per say. Sumo Digital is a full-service independent developer. It doesn't shock me that Sumo is taking the lead as they are really 'developing' the game.

Sumo has been working on Crackdown 3 for at least 2 years, if not longer.

Even on my phone screen that looks like ass.

What the hell happened with this game?

Is this what they're putting out to showcase their new console?

oldergamer

This looks... cheap.

Dont know much about the franchise and it may be fun of course, but what they showed 2014 (or 15) and at this e3 is kinda weak.

Of course it's fun. that was always what crackdown had going for it. it's basically a comic book game with lots of color. It's not a realistic game, but it's a fun game. I'm not sure what were you expecting exactly?

Kyuur

Glad I wasn't going crazy when I thought the footage was unimpressive. Thought this was supposed to be some sort of flagship title for XB1.

Gwyn

Doesn't look good :|

I bet MS isn't really happy with the result but they can't cancel or delay it at this point

Just give us proper fable 4 ffs

Edit Looks like they spent 90% of the budget in the charactel model and even that looks bad the environment is ps2 graphics

Also i never played any cd game and i know they try to go for that cartoony style but sunset overdrive is cartoony too and looks 100 times better

Rellik

It honestly looked like a XBLA game. I'm legit disappointed.

But at least they showed real gameplay unlike some (Metro)

Of course it's fun. that was always what crackdown had going for it. it's basically a comic book game with lots of color. It's not a realistic game, but it's a fun game. I'm not sure what were you expecting exactly?

It can't just rely on this in a post SR4 world.

They needed to evolve the formula, instead they've regressed to the point where it doesn't even look as fun or interesting as the first CD did over a decade ago...

This screams a game that was started and changed multiple times and this is what theyre left with.

Wouldn't be surprised in the least if most of what was shown was created over the last year,with a bunch of stuff from the years of development before hand scrapped.

Adding crews as the face of crackdown also seems like a case of using his personality to make up for the game itself a lack of it.

All these disappointed posts have me wondering the same thing. This is exactly what I've been craving for years lol.

More players for co-op and a fully destructible world for multiplayer? Sign me up! I had so much fun playing Crackdown 1 with friends, and this only looks to expand/improve upon that experience.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Holy shit, that is barely and upgrade to the original Crackdown.

I will first need to play this game, but what the fuck happened?

shmoglish

Something that does not look like a "fun for an hour" Indie game? Like I said, I am new to this franchise. But this just doesnt look good and I am obviously not the only one who thinks like that.

Yukinari

The saddest news of all of this is that Sumo hasent been working on a new Sega Racing game.

Theyre wasting their time picking up the slack from other franchises instead of doing what they do best.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
What the hell is happening with this game? Where are the destruction and the art style of those pre-alpha videos? This trailer looks terrible.

farisr

Aside from no new first party IP, this is probably a close second to my biggest disappointment from the conference. I was excited for this game going on, just to see what will be done with a crackdown on this generation (not even on xbox one x), but it ended up looking mediocre. Not the quality I was expecting to see three years after its initial announcement. Terry Crews' intro was basically the only good part to me.

Top Bottom