• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 3 (XB/PC, Sumo Digital) E3 Trailer out Nov 7th

If you don't show the main selling point of your game, how can you expect us to believe you'll be showing it at a later date? This is fucking E3. This is where you show where that shit is all about. You think Sony's gonna come out and completely ignore the amazing progress that's been made with TLoU 2, Spiderman, and God of War? Come on, MS. You ruined what was easily my most anticipated game on your show.

This is probably my disappointment of the show.

Am not interested in PvP and the cloud tech hoopla that comes with it, but was hoping to see some amazing campaign footage, and what they showed looked below mediocre.

mnannola

Haha no way is destruction going to be anything worth a damn now. If they had it working it would have been shown. Anyone thinking otherwise is in denial.

If they do have destruction, it will probably be a few set pieces in each area that fall down the same way everytime. No dynamic destruction.

Thhis is embarassing, they need to explain asap. Im guessinf they realized what we all assumed when we heard about cloud based destruction, it wasnt feasible on a realistic scale and they dropped it altogeather, the original team was likely taken off and they outsourced it to sumo

Haha no way is destruction going to be anything worth a damn now. If they had it working it would have been shown. Anyone thinking otherwise is in denial.

If they do have destruction, it will probably be a few set pieces in each area that fall down the same way everytime like no dynamic destruction.

It's gonna be a sad day when RF: Guerilla has better destruction tech.

Markoman

If they do have destruction, it will probably be a few set pieces in each area that fall down the same way everytime like no dynamic destruction.

If we're lucky we can expect Just Cause 3 levels of destruction.

That was a whole lotta nothing for me. I enjoyed the first game but this trailer did not show anything that interested me. Except the orbs. Those are still addicting to get.

Armaros

'Touts realistic destruction as main marketing point and been in deleveopment do years without any updates'

'Don't show it on the largest gaming marketing and annoucement event'

Obviously everything is fine and there isn't anything to worry about :thinking:

If this was what they've been hyping up for years, it's incredibly embarrassing.

Shocking that they would rather invest in this over the clearly superior Sunset Overdrive.

Ramenman

Guys, no matter if the destruction is "still in but only MP" or whatever, let's even forget the destruction for the sake of the argument : this was still a terrible showing.

It was boring as hell and didn't look good. Where the hell was the gameplay demo.
The only thing they had was this terrible trailer that was made by people who had no idea what to showcase about crackdown, or (worst case scenario) who couldn't do any better because that's all there is to the game.

This is very worrying, and underwhelming, way beyond wether destruction is in or out.

Yeah, WTF happened here?

And It's launching in november. This is really sounding like they had to call reinforcements to not have another game delayed to next year.

Besides, wasn't that footage clearly from multiplayer? Like it showed multiple characters and was constantly jumping between them. I thought coop was to have all the destruction.

The campaign has coop.

Looked like campaign with the big enemies, but who knows.

Shocking that they would rather invest in this over the clearly superior Sunset Overdrive.
Mmmhmm.

In my heart of hearts I hoped they'd show something Sunset Overdrive related. Far fetched, but a man can dream.

Was the lesson they took from Crackdown and Crackdown 2 that they needed to focus on PvP? In what universe?

That was their first mistake, and from the looks of things its far from the only one.

Trup1aya

It makes no sense to only show the campaign. I mean yes it's nice to know it exists, but they'd have to be seriously out of touch to think people wanted to see anything other than the destruction.

ClumpSoul

Neo Member
Guys, no matter if the destruction is "still in but only MP" or whatever, let's even forget the destruction for the sake of the argument : this was still a terrible showing.

It was boring as hell and didn't look good. Where the hell was the gameplay demo.
The only thing they had was this terrible trailer that was made by people who had no idea what to showcase about crackdown, or (worst case scenario) who couldn't do any better because that's all there is to the game.

Your right, it was more like a sizzle reel than full in depth gameplay, shit they spent more time on Shadow of War than Crackdown 3, for a game that's been at 3(?) E3's I thought they would have something further along to show.

Jesus Christ man, this game disappointed me to no end today.

I expected so much more of the graphics and animations. Not even talking about destruction but just everything in general.

Realyn

I'll riot if the OT in 2019 isn't going to be Crackdown 3 [OT] The Power of the Cloud

I really want to play a Crackdown game but goddamn ...

Crackdown 3 was announced at e3 2014 and this was the chance to see the first gameplay demonstration and got less time than pretty much every third party title

Armaros

bRbH32h.jpg

"Guys it's just the SP, MP will be later."

With the destruction in SP it could be game breaking with what narrative they wanna put out. With MP they can make it a sandbox where you and 3 friends and go crazy.

There is logic to having that be MP.
Gamify it. Make story buildings rebuild after a short amount of time or as the mission starts. That's hardly game breaking.

It makes no sense to only show the campaign. I mean yes it's nice to know it exists, but they'd have to be seriously out of touch to think people wanted to see anything other than the destruction.

It makes sense to show campaign. What doesn't make sense is showing campaign in a horribly edited trailer.

also preorder canceled if Terry Crews is the new agency voice.

Yet no mention of Cloudgine/Reagent in the trailer, and for something focusing on a Crackdown campaign, no mention of taking down gang bosses and taking down a gang network. Crackdown (no number) as a separate multiplayer only release might fit this but it wouldn't make much sense.

Besides, wasn't that footage clearly from multiplayer? Like it showed multiple characters and was constantly jumping between them. I thought coop was to have all the destruction.

Campaign/SP is always relatively the same with coop. It just 3 extra players in the single player mode.

Unless there is a dedicated coop mode( completely designed for coop and can only be played in coop like SPEC OPS in MW2, horde mode, firefight in Halo ).

Top Bottom