• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 3 (XB/PC, Sumo Digital) E3 Trailer out Nov 7th

Eh this is the first time they showing the game after a along time which destruction is a big part of I see why people are spectacle.

Agreed, the first footage of the game we've seen in a long time was rather disappointing. I was hoping to see more.

But it's not like they're just going to toss all the cloud destructible stuff out completely.

DCEFPECXgAQ4XZa.jpg

oldergamer

Yet no mention of Cloudgine/Reagent in the trailer, and for something focusing on a Crackdown campaign, no mention of taking down gang bosses and taking down a gang network. Crackdown (no number) as a separate multiplayer only release might fit this but it wouldn't make much sense.

The game comes out in November. They are possibly close to or are in crunch time. To be out in the market for Nov 1, they would need to complete the game sometime in September.

Lime

Well, to be extremely brutal: it was announced really early and was (at the time) being made by a *crazy* small developer with no track record. They were making the game based on a tech demo designed to push a marketing gimmick, using an engine that has no open world pedigree. The only public showcase had it relying on very large numbers of high end servers to function (the cost would have been nuts). It then went dark and was quietly moved to a new developer who is *extremely* competent, but does somewhat specialize in salvaging flailing projects.

So, um, yeah.
I honestly thought it was going to be canned. I'm glad it's coming out and sumo are great, but I fully expect it's been absolute hell.

Thanks for the thorough write up. I hope the people involved haven't been crunching or too over-worked.

I'm extremely interested in this game, but that trailer wasn't wonderful.

Also, it doesn't feel like MS is giving this game much of a push. I'm concerned it's a bit shit.

Mrbob

That tweet is dumb af
Show stuff to sell the system x game
If it will be so much better on the X then show us

Wtf
I mean what could go wrong by not showing off your game at the biggest stage five months before release.

I hope this game is good but hiding it from E3 with a nov 7 release feels like an odd move.

Chris1

I said in the past I had a suspicion Crackdown Online was F2P standalone separate from CD3 single player based on their avoidance with using the word beta etc.

Now I think they should definitely make it standalone for sure, if only to get away from this atrocity

unless that's terrible too

SPDIF

Cloud destruction is still part of the game (this shouldn't need to be said, but whatever):

Join with up to 10 agents online to tear the city apart piece by piece in a 100% destructible multiplayer arena, available with your purchase of Crackdown 3.

Crackdown 3 delivers cooperative mayhem and an all-new multiplayer mode where destruction is your ultimate weapon powered by Microsoft Cloud.

Phew. Guess we'll wait.

Wait. At a later date? Not E3? Wtf,

The presentation consisted of 3 actual Windows 10/Xbox One exclusives and a dozen timed and not timed multiplats. It's probably the best they could do with how shitty their lineup is. Best save some info for the other conferences they're going to.

Armaros

Showing the SP with no destruction is the equvilent of a single player focused title (IE Last of Us) showing their tacted on multiplayer on the main stage and then having a seperate showing for the actual story trailer.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills reading this thread. That was sweet!

Looks like Crackdown. Destruction is super dope, but if it's just in multi it's just in multi. I'm here for the orbs, man.

Besides, if the destruction was in singleplayer you just know people would bitch about always online.

edit: 10 player multi with full cloud destruction is a little more than I was expecting tbh. That'll be fun as hell with the right game modes.

Trup1aya

Besides, wasn't that footage clearly from multiplayer? Like it showed multiple characters and was constantly jumping between them. I thought coop was to have all the destruction.

No there's

1) the campaign which can be played offline or online co-op with 4 players. Limited destruction

2) multiplayer. 10 (?) Player online chaos .
At least that's what they said before

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills reading this thread.

Looks like Crackdown. Destruction is super dope, but if it's just in multi it's just in multi. I'm here for the orbs, man.

sony fans just strolling by for their annual shitpost-a-thon

really fucking annoying year after year

Oh right, completely forgot that the destruction stuff basically isn't enabled in single player. Which I think is the wrong decision. This is like the one game where it'd be justified to make it online only.

And the destruction is the thing with this game, weird that they didn't show any of the multiplayer then. Without buildings falling over and whatnot, this doesn't look particularly interesting? Kind of just like Crackdown+? Which could be fine, I guess, but not a trailer that immediately sells you on the thing.

SPDIF

So... destruction isn't part of the single player? That looked really not impressive lol

No. They've said that from the beginning. There will be limited destruction during the single player campaign, but true 'destroy everything' destruction is only available during MP.

I thought it looked really bad, especially following the hype Crews intro.

Just janky as fuck, and the framerate. The art style looks tired for 2017 too.

Expected this to have progressed a lot more since we last saw it.

I loved the first game but I can't see this capturing that same magic, but I hope to be proven wrong.

Such a bad trailer. Could you even make a worse one?
It was apparently the campaign, but we only saw footage that was just like a MP match.

This reminds me of Mass Effect Andromeda. EA also showed very little of it before release.
If this game was getting along nicely, why wouldn't they spend more time with it and explain everything (SP, co-op, MP destruction etc).

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Yet no mention of Cloudgine/Reagent in the trailer, and for something focusing on a Crackdown campaign, no mention of taking down gang bosses and taking down a gang network. Crackdown (no number) as a separate multiplayer only release might fit this but it wouldn't make much sense.

Cloudgine is on the box.

CamHostage

Campaign/SP is always relatively the same with coop. It just 3 extra players in the single player mode.

Unless there is a dedicated coop mode( completely designed for coop and can only be played in coop like SPEC OPS in MW2, horde mode, firefight in Halo ).

But if destruction is something that 'requires the power of the cloud', and the Campaign is designed to be played multiplayer, then why not have the destruction in Campaign? Only rubes with no internet and rappers/rock stars playing Xbox in their tour bus would be affected by not having a cloud to render falling buildings...

Top Bottom