• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy |OT| N.Teresting and N.Tertaining N.Fographics With-N

jmartoine

Really not impressed with Crash 3. Finished it tonight and went back to get a few gems but unlike Crash 3 the vehicle sections really put me off.

Think I am done with the trilogy now, had a good time playing them but ready to move on to other things in my backlog.

I've got a question about Crash 1. I'm near the end of the game, just finished The Lab but on the level select screen I can't seem to move along the track to the next level, I can only move up the tower to play Stormy Ascent or go back to N Sanity beach..

Am I missing something here, can I not progress until I get all Gems & Keys or something?

TheOGB

Banned
I've got a question about Crash 1. I'm near the end of the game, just finished The Lab but on the level select screen I can't seem to move along the track to the next level, I can only move up the tower to play Stormy Ascent or go back to N Sanity beach..

Am I missing something here, can I not progress until I get all Gems & Keys or something?
You should be able to go right instead of up to Stormy Ascent. Can you take a screenshot?

Roo

Yeah, once Stormy Ascent is downloaded I think you have to press right instead of up to go the The Great Hall.

I think they need to put in some accessibility options for people with arthritis and/or other wrist ailments. Holding R2 to sprint and do the slide-jump-spins in Crash 2 is killing my right hand and is making getting the Gold Relics far harder than it should be.

Being able to map Sprint to L2 would relieve so much tension.

The God

I think they need to put in some accessibility options for people with arthritis and/or other wrist ailments. Holding R2 to sprint and do the slide-jump-spins in Crash 2 is killing my right hand and is making getting the Gold Relics far harder than it should be.

Being able to map Sprint to L2 would relieve so much tension.

You can do this in the PS4's accessibility menu

You can do this in the PS4's accessibility menu

Nah, I'd rather have VV patch this in. I'm not changing my system settings just to accommodate Crash 2's poor time trial design.

At least with Crash 1, you don't need to hold R2 to get the Golds and most of Crash 3's levels have clear "racing lines" that don't demand constant slide-jumping to sidestep obstacles.

Roo

Nah, I'd rather have VV patch this in. I'm not changing my system settings just to accommodate Crash 2's poor time trial design.

At least with Crash 1, you don't need to hold R2 to get the Golds and most of Crash 3's levels have clear "racing lines" that don't demand constant slide-jumping to sidestep obstacles.
So you'll wait for a patch that most likely will never come while your hands hurt like hell in the process instead of using another potential solution to your problem? 🤔

Ultimadrago

The deed is done. All 3 Crash games with Platinum trophy. I'm glad to have it behind me and I had fun with it.

I also cursed. A lot.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well, I just spent 20 minutes dying to Koala Kong (I never got to there on the original) like an idiot. I didn't realise you could just stand in the corner and hop over his boulders. I was trying to run around and getting the TNT dropped on my head.

Also, those green lizards on Sunset Vista that push you back if you jump and attack them rather than attacking when they jump at you are stupid.

krae_man

Beat the first game last night.

I am not 100%ing this thing. I never want to play some of those levels ever, ever again.

On to game 2.

farisr

Also, those green lizards on Sunset Vista that push you back if you jump and attack them rather than attacking when they jump at you are stupid.
You can also jump on top of them btw (without spinning).

But yeah, I'd say they're stupid just because the animation of the "push" doesn't make it clear that it was a push, it makes it seem like the game glitched or you messed up with an input somehow.

Diablos

Really not impressed with Crash 3. Finished it tonight and went back to get a few gems but unlike Crash 3 the vehicle sections really put me off.

Think I am done with the trilogy now, had a good time playing them but ready to move on to other things in my backlog.
The racing stages are annoying. I do like the underwater levels though. Airplane flying is kinda lame but forgettable.

I never played Crash to the extent that I have with these remasters, already beat 1 & 2 now I'm on 3. I've gotta say I really love these games and I was nuts for not playing them all to completion two decades ago. I'm nearly hooked.

Sullichin

I can do about half of Stormy Ascent fast/reliably now.
This shit's still on another level than the other time trials. Only The High Road has come close to the amount of time/frustration here.

hobdal

Neo Member
Beat the first game last night.

I am not 100%ing this thing. I never want to play some of those levels ever, ever again.

On to game 2.

Same here. Beat it yesterday, managed 86%, trying to get the red gem on Slippery Climb was what finished it for me. Loved the game though, might come back to it at some point, just not any time soon.

I want to eventually go back to at least try and plat the games but not anytime soon. I have a backlog to get through and I can spend more time raging when I have less to play. :p

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Wow, they somehow managed to make the putrid motobike races in crash 3 even worse.....unbelieveable
umcontrollable garbage that has no place in a Crash game.

Edit- Two minutes after i posted this, i got through it. By luck, but hey ill take it. Still hate the bike races though lol

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Just got this for my birthday! I 100%ed Crash 1 and 2 back in the day, but I won't bother with all the gems and shit now. Too old for this shit and got too many games to play :p

Road to nowhere.

I died trying to access the bonus area because a post hid the fact there was a pit between the bridge and bonus portal.

This precision jumping is not fun.
I disagree. Road to Nowhere is one of my favourite levels, maybe my favourite. I love chaining a bunch of precise jumps like that, it's very rewarding when you do it perfectly, that's what platforming is all about.

However, High Road can get fucked. I remember this level being infuriating with the turtles, but not this clunky. I can almost never get the higher jump (by holding X but timing it on the jump itself) correctly. I had 45 lives going in and stupidly didn't do a manual save. I actually lost them all. :'(

I went back to the map and grinded some lives, but the 1ups boxes are gone now except in bonus levels. Fuuuu. I did manage to grind it back to 22 lives, retried... still lost all my lives because I can't do the turtle bouncing in a row shit at the end.

I also briefly tried Stormy Ascent and couldn't even get past the first part with the 4 steps/slide thing right at the beginning. Failing it just dropped me down at the previous platform and didn't kill me, but it was so frustrating I noped out of there. xD

What's the quickest way to accumulate lives?

What's the quickest way to accumulate lives?

Replay the Lost City, and do the Brio and Tawna bonus rounds. You should be able to get through without dying much, and you get a load of lives.

You can also replay the first level so you'll enter it with two Aku Aku masks as well.

Also, you don't need to quit to the main menu, just save then load.

krae_man

Oh god this jetpack level's controls suck.

I want up to be move forward and to use the gas to gain height.

And oh my Night Fight was crazy easy. I beat it and the skull path first try.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Best way for the 99 lives in Crash: Warped?
I kept replaying the first Coco stage since each run got me 6 or 7 lives each time & it's a rather short stage, though I'm sure someone else might have a better method.

I'm trying to remember what I did for Crash 2, but I didn't even need to try for 99 lives in Crash 1.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Replay the Lost City, and do the Brio and Tawna bonus rounds. You should be able to get through without dying much, and you get a load of lives.

You can also replay the first level so you'll enter it with two Aku Aku masks as well.

Also, you don't need to quit to the main menu, just save then load.
I'm pretty sure just reloading didn't work. But anyway, quitting and restarting did work.

I accumulated about 35 lives and finished The High Road with 15. lol :( I then lost a bunch of them across the next levels and got a game over in The Lab. Ugh, I suck. Gonna have to try that level with the bonuses you mentioned sometimes.

Can't believe I 100%ed this back in the day. I mean OK I had only this one game to play for the longest time and I was young and full of reflexes but still

Tapejara

I'm pretty sure just reloading didn't work. But anyway, quitting and restarting did work.

I accumulated about 35 lives and finished The High Road with 15. lol :( I then lost a bunch of them across the next levels and got a game over in The Lab. Ugh, I suck. Gonna have to try that level with the bonuses you mentioned sometimes.

Can't believe I 100%ed this back in the day. I mean OK I had only this one game to play for the longest time and I was young and full of reflexes but still

If you do The Lost City without dying and break all of the crates you'll get the green gem, which unlocks a secret path at the start of Castle Machinery. The path is just a straight line containing thirty-something lives, and you can then quit the game and reload to respawn them.

Best way for the 99 lives in Crash: Warped?

On Sphinxinator you can walk back at the start to get a life, then jump over the gap on the left path to get 4 lives. Then just save and load.

Oh god this jetpack level's controls suck.

I want up to be move forward and to use the gas to gain height.

And oh my Night Fight was crazy easy. I beat it and the skull path first try.

You can use X and O to move the jetpack, which is easier.

Hmmm... That must just be Crash 3 then.
I've still not got a game over in the trilogy yet, but I got through High Road by the skin of my teeth. I went in with 35, and left with 7. I also beat Stormy Ascent yesterday, too. That was easy enough until the bit when you're going downstairs.

I'm up to Slippery Climb on the main game now though. I only ever played up Sunset Vista on the original, so apart from seeing videos of the boss fights (apart from the last one) the rest of this is new to me. I'm loving the factory type levels though.

Pachimari

Just bought this, finally! One of my most anticipated games. I never completed any of the games back in the day. Actually I do think I beat Crash 3 but not 100%.

RyanBankz

Neo Member
Damn you High Road!! Gave it my all, finally completed the stage.. Somehow have to shave off 6 seconds to get the gold relic. Fuck the platinum, not even attempting that. Tips???

demu

It's over. With beating Warped
and shooting some chicken five times,
I've finally got my last platinum trophy of the trilogy. Hell yeah!
Played the games in chronological order so it got easier and easier with every trophy, which was kinda nice for my nerves after the bitch that was Crash 1.
As a laid back gamer, I usually hate all kinds of speedrunning, but I somehow loved the time trials in Crash (well, most of them). Very nerve wracking at times, but when a gold relic showed up at the end of a run, it felt sooo good.
It was super fun to revisit my childhood. Thanks, VV. Yes, things like bad hit detection were annoying, but all in all it's a wonderful remaster/remake. 35€ well spent.
Can't wait for new Crash games in the future!

Undrey

I've been stuck on Road to Nowhere for over a month because the controls are so poor. It's a bad game to me.

My problem with the game isn't to do with the controls, but those dang hitboxes. Like sometimes it feels so slippery, you land on a moving platform only to fall all the way down for no reason.

My problem with the game isn't to do with the controls, but those dang hitboxes. Like sometimes it feels so slippery, you land on a moving platform only to fall all the way down for no reason.
Yes, that's what I meant to say. I always slip off the platforms or ropes and it feels so unfair. I had to stop playing because I was raging more than having fun.

Yo this game is intense. My only experience with Crash was my first PS2 game: Wrath of Cortex. This is a lot more fun (although also suffers from some shitty load times for some reason)

Undrey

Yes, that's what I meant to say. I always slip off the platforms or ropes and it feels so unfair. I had to stop playing because I was raging more than having fun.

I think the best thing to do is take a break and come back to it whenever it feels right. That's what I did with the first game and it helped me get through it.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
So I guess we can say they're not going to support this game any further than that one patch? I'm not expecting any QOL updates happening after that blog post they put up a while a go.

*Splinter

Damn you High Road!! Gave it my all, finally completed the stage.. Somehow have to shave off 6 seconds to get the gold relic. Fuck the platinum, not even attempting that. Tips???
There are a few jumps you can make without using the turtles, and you can run along the ropes although it's tricky (easier to jump onto them at the ends than the middle). Also there's a 3(?) second time box off the top of the screen about half way through, above some tnt and another time box.

This platinum run avoids using the ropes entirely, and only uses turtles when forced to, might be helpful: https://youtu.be/8bKnb3iZQRQ

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
So I guess we can say they're not going to support this game any further than that one patch? I'm not expecting any QOL updates happening after that blog post they put up a while a go.

Well, if were lucky we'll get something to address the abyssmal load times when you leave and start a level, but i wouldnt count on it. Those load times add up when youre trying to do a no death run to get to a death path, or trying to restart the bike races in Crash Warped.

Top Bottom