• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy |OT| N.Teresting and N.Tertaining N.Fographics With-N

*Splinter

I wouldn't doubt it. I died trying to get onto the bonus level warp pad in Road to Nowhere and when I respawned, I died on my way to a checkpoint up ahead. It wasn't until I died again and got a game over when I thought "wait... shouldn't I have started at that checkpoint since I had passed it to get to the bonus level platform???"

So definitely some box related issues going on.
Nah if you die a few times in a row you'll get an extra checkpoint (in the place if a regular box).

Liamc723

Nearing the end of Crash 2 now, but I think I'm ready to move on from this collection now.

I grew up playing the games, but this is far too frustrating.

Wow, Cortex was a hilarious push over in Crash 2! (unless he gets super tough if you collect everything and refight him?) I took him out in under a minute, the levels preceding him definitely gave me a false sense of expectation for the difficulty of the games final boss. Its the Mega Drive Incredible Hulk game all over again!

Now that I have the second game complete I've started on the relic runs which are really fun so far, the sprint shoes certainly help make things way easier to get gold or better, and bar a couple of the last levels I think I'm really going to enjoy getting the relics for Crash 2.

muteki

Finally beat Crash 1 :) I really liked the factory levels.

Starting Crash 2 and it so nice not being stressed out at the start.

The_Dama

Finally finished Crash 1. Damn it was hard (and frustrating). Crash 2 so far seems way easier. Dont remember the games being this hard.

muteki

Also, coming from only playing 3 originally I love how the overworld in the first game gives you context for the stages. How the bridge levels happen on little bridges on the map, the factory levels are on the little factory, etc.

It was a bit of a bummer to start up 2 and it is more like 3 where everything is just in a single generic room with only minor themed bits, at least on the first level.

I shouldn't spend money on a game right now but... I want this.

Crash Bandicoot 1 was my first PS1 game, got it for Christmas. My first 3D game for that matter.

Decisions, decisions

Raxus

Final time trial time....The High Road.

giphy.gif

So I'm missing one gem 44/45 in Crash Warped. Hot Coco and Eggipus Rex are complete, what am I missing?
I think you get one for completing all the time trials.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Final time trial time....The High Road.

giphy.gif

I think you get one for completing all the time trials.
Just play the PS1 version, load up High Road, use something to time yourself and see what time you can get. Pat yourself on the back when you succeed and take your imaginary platinum trophy that you have earned. Don't torture yourself with this poorly designed remake version for this.

The remake of this level is seriously screwed up. I'm dreading having to go back to it ever. Original version of this level is great though!

Raxus

Just play the PS1 version, load up High Road, use something to time yourself and see what time you can get. Pat yourself on the back when you succeed and take your imaginary platinum trophy that you have earned. Don't torture yourself with this poorly designed remake version for this.

But I Wanna Be
image.php

I may wait for a possible patch to fix the physics so the rope jumps and turtle hops don't make me want to kill myself.

demu

I usually don't go for platinum trophies, but for Crash 1 I somehow just had to. And I did it today! Super happy and relieved.

Fuck High Road time trial.
FUCK HIGH ROAD TIME TRIAL!

v1perz53

Going through getting platinum relics in Crash 3, only secret warp room and secret levels left. Its funny to me how in some levels, like Midnight Run, I am literally 5 seconds or more below the Platinum time on a sloppy run, but for others I have 5 times in a row like 0.1 seconds off each other until I finally get it, like the first Wave Race level. I will be glad to finish this up though and have all Platinum relics yet again. Kinda doubt I'll go for a full set of Plats for Crash 1 or 2 though, just the platinum trophy.

Oh yea I also haven't gotten the plat relic for Mad Bombers yet. I really have to figure out some kind of strategy or RNG manipulation for that one, last two stupid planes are always flying away from me no matter the order I do, costing me like 10+ seconds.

*Splinter

Oh yea I also haven't gotten the plat relic for Mad Bombers yet. I really have to figure out some kind of strategy or RNG manipulation for that one, last two stupid planes are always flying away from me no matter the order I do, costing me like 10+ seconds.
Yeah I just looked that one up on YouTube in the end :p

Solution:
Shoot the clock asap, ignore the plane in front of you and take a hard right. Kill that plane, then turn around and get the plane you ignored. Bare left and the third should be nearby, then right again and the last 2 should be obvious

Unless I have the wrong plane level of course ^^

ghibli99

I usually don't go for platinum trophies, but for Crash 1 I somehow just had to. And I did it today! Super happy and relieved.

Fuck High Road time trial.
FUCK HIGH ROAD TIME TRIAL!
This one forced me to get good at rope jumping. It took me like an hour just to get it halfway-consistent, and even then it was almost a 50/50 chance of overshooting 'em or slipping off. Definitely one of the most frustrating things I've ever done in a game... and the first time I actually reached the end: sapphire. LOL

test_account

XP-39C²
Oh you can quit any level, but time trials actually let you restart with no load times.
I think you can't quit during death animations, you have to wait until you've respawned and gained control of Crash. Same with restarting in time trials.

Nothing more annoying than being crushed while carrying an Aku mask in a time trial. Longest death animation and then you have to manually restart anyway because you survive.

Speaking of which, I don't remember seeing death animations when you have a mask in the originals, really annoying feature.
Ah ok, i see. Thats why, indeed, doesnt work to quit during death animations.

----

I just got all the gems. Just need the time trials left, but whats the trick to do fast times? For example.on "Jugle Rollers", i run pretty much without any stop and i managed ~50 sec (gold is 48.12). The best time is 39,88. How on earth is that possible?

Got the easy Platinum Trophy for Crash 3. Don't know if I'll go back to get the Platinums for Crash 1 or 2. I'm actually closer to getting the Crash 1 Platinum.

Not the best collection of platformers. Crash 1 has always been garbo. My opinion on Crash 2 (that it's just ok) didn't really change but I actually like Crash 3 a tad less now than I did when I last played it years ago. Good fun nonetheless and I really hope this leads to a CTR (secret best Crash game) or Spyro trilogy remake!

Demoskinos

To everyone attempting the high road trial. Don't give up. Main thing is just being patient enough to get the muscle memory down to do the rope jump successfully. Also don't try to run on the ropes for an extended time THAT is a bad idea. Use the ropes to act as a platform between gaps just a bit to large for crash to jump.

Honestly I just put on a podcast and listened to it while I worked on the level. And remember for turtle jumps all you have to do is hold the jump button to get the proper height once you are airborne that goes for successive jumps as well. Yall can do it.

I want to like these games, I want to LOVE them, but I just am not enjoying anything about them except the visuals. I keep trying, I really do, but I think it is time to give up. Played all three games, each of them having the same things I don't like plus others unique so these just aren't for me.

Add it to the list of well-received Naughty Dog games that I don't care for.

L.O.R.D

Possibly, just know that if you collect all crystals, it will lock you out of all stages forcing you to confront Cortex.

yah,i know,i was thinking what will happen if you collect the final crystal and final gem in the last level,can you go up the 6th floor and see the secret ending? or you have to beat cortex then you can go up?

Footos22

To everyone attempting the high road trial. Don't give up. Main thing is just being patient enough to get the muscle memory down to do the rope jump successfully. Also don't try to run on the ropes for an extended time THAT is a bad idea. Use the ropes to act as a platform between gaps just a bit to large for crash to jump.

Honestly I just put on a podcast and listened to it while I worked on the level. And remember for turtle jumps all you have to do is hold the jump button to get the proper height once you are airborne that goes for successive jumps as well. Yall can do it.

I found for consistent rope jumps to be in the centre of the screen as you do it. Whenever I was off centre it would spaz out

Kinsei

Banned
yah,i know,i was thinking what will happen if you collect the final crystal and final gem in the last level,can you go up the 6th floor and see the secret ending? or you have to beat cortex then you can go up?

You get the normal ending. The secret ending starts up after you get back into the game.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
So I get a gold Relic on Boulder Dash and I thought bring a second off the Platinum time was good. My partner not only obliterated my time but is not far off the best times in the world?

Fuck me she's legitimately some sort of evil genius or something.

So I get a gold Relic on Boulder Dash and I thought bring a second off the Platinum time was good. My partner not only obliterated my time but is not far off the best times in the world?

Fuck me she's legitimately some sort of evil genius or something.

Does he or she secretly work at Naughty Dog or Vicarious Visions perhaps? : P

Mariip

Got to native fortress today

Fuck this game ;-;

Just kidding, aside from it being a bit too challenging to me(as i said, i suck at platformers) i'm finding 1 to be way better than 3... the vehicle shenaningans in 3 can't really beat my inner platforming masochist i guess(?) i'm taking a break right now and might try it again tomorrow(i'm saving 2 for later)

As a side note, I never got why some people had sweaty hands after playing some videogames, so i found myself kinda shocked when i started playing through 1 and realizing my hands got sweaty... is it a tension thing? Why the hell do my buddies get that tense while playing other games? That's the first time something like that happened to me >_>

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Does he or she secretly work at Naughty Dog or Vicarious Visions perhaps? : P
Haha.

Normally for platform games the controller usually ends up passed to me with "Nope, not doing that" from her but Crash? I'm going to hold my hands up and say nearly every level I've been bettered, easily at times.

We are going through the game slower than most as having a little one minimises play time but we are both enjoying the game a lot. Looking forward to Crash 2 though.

Wow, Cortex was a hilarious push over in Crash 2! (unless he gets super tough if you collect everything and refight him?) I took him out in under a minute, the levels preceding him definitely gave me a false sense of expectation for the difficulty of the games final boss. Its the Mega Drive Incredible Hulk game all over again!

Now that I have the second game complete I've started on the relic runs which are really fun so far, the sprint shoes certainly help make things way easier to get gold or better, and bar a couple of the last levels I think I'm really going to enjoy getting the relics for Crash 2.

I said the same thing in this thread a couple days ago when I beat Crash 2. I know Crash bosses weren't always the toughest or most memorable, but that last boss was just a joke. WAAYYYY to easy. Especially after going through the last rooms levels

dh4niel

I'm playing Warped first and going backwards. Played a bit of the first one and it's awful. So much more frustrating than I remember.

Sullichin

I said the same thing in this thread a couple days ago when I beat Crash 2. I know Crash bosses weren't always the toughest or most memorable, but that last boss was just a joke. WAAYYYY to easy. Especially after going through the last rooms levels
He's definitely a liiitle harder to catch up to in the original, but he was always an easy fight. Kind of surprised they didn't give him 5 health tics in the remake

Glad its not just me then that found Cortex really easy in Crash 2!

Anyway, only got 7 gems and 7 gold relics left for the platinum in the game, as with Crash 1 its really fun to speed run most of the levels, when you get the path down perfect its just plain fun. I was especially satisfied hitting the platinum relic time for Diggin' It.

Crah 1 question : Say I am at a coloured gem level. If I die between the start and first checkpoint, do I have to reboot the level so I can get the coloured gem ? That's the most annoying thing imho.

Crah 1 question : Say I am at a coloured gem level. If I die between the start and first checkpoint, do I have to reboot the level so I can get the coloured gem ? That's the most annoying thing imho.

Just as long as you dont have activated a checkpoint, you don't have to reset back to the map.

Top Bottom