• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

crash bandicoot trilogy pretty much confirmed on pc ?

The label "console exclusive" usually means that PC is a possibility but not necessarily a certainty. I can see a port a bit further down the line but I don't expect a stealth release like Nier Automata.

20170412204327g8ukd.jpg

Here, have another one, Steam version incoming.

And we are fucking done.

I suppose all this thirst for crash means it'll sell pretty damn well on ps4, which is good news for a new crash game.

I can't remember the last time I saw this much speculation over a game's exclusivity. I'm sure it's happened; it's just been a LONG time.

Hektor

If it is exclusive, wouldn't they usually just say so?

Yep, it's never been actually called a PS4 exclusive in any of sony's or activisions marketing which very much implies that the only reason it might be exclusive is activision not wanting to bother with other platforms, similar to games such as Drakengard 3, Persona or most of the yakuza titles

tolkir

What's is the problem if it's exclusive or not? Wait one year, play the old versions if help you to wait. Or buy the PS4 game now, it's a very good price, and double dip later with a sale.

This isn't a Nintendo Mini situation, there will be stock anywhere whenever.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What's is the problem if it's exclusive or not? Wait one year, play the old versions if help you to wait. Or buy the PS4 game now, it's a very good price, and double dip later with a sale.

Objectively speaking, there is no problem: a game thought to be exclusive actually being multiplatform doesn't suddenly rob the former platform of the title. In an ideal world, every game would on every platform that could adequately support it.

DJwest

The monthly "Is Crash exclusive" meeting begins.
Thought it was a weekly meeting ?
Objectively speaking, there is no problem. In an ideal world, every game would on every platform that could adequately support it.
What would be the point of having several consoles then? What would be the differentiating factors? The controller, online platform etc...? Just asking.

some people just don't have PS4 or don't want a PS4

i mean sure more systems it's on the better i guess but seeing how this project didn't have the most money behind it, them sticking to only platform is a way to help lower the cost

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What would be the point of having several consoles then? What would be the differentiating factors? The controller, online platform etc...? Just asking.

There would be no point, really. But you do realise that'd be a good thing, right? That regardless of what you buy, you'd have access to the same content as everybody else? Obviously that wouldn't be ideal for Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo, but you shouldn't look at the situation through the lens of a platform holder.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Thought it was a weekly meeting ?

First party games? Those have a reason for being exclusive. But third party games? Nah.

fantomena

Im just gonna go ahead and say that there's a chance the game will appear on other platform(s) than PS4. Not gonna say anything else in case Im wrong.

Hektor

The same factors that differentiate the PS4Vanilla, PS4Slim and PS4pro, three different platforms that successfully coexist with each other despite not having any exclusives over the othe two alternatives.

Did you ever asked yourself what the point in owning multiple DVD-Players was? There isn't any.

In a perfect world, all these platforms would compete via the actual quality of their service, their hardware and their price instead of tying people into them via exclusive content that leaves you no choice if you want to access it.

tolkir

some people just don't have PS4 or don't want a PS4

i mean sure more systems it's on the better i guess but seeing how this project didn't have the most money behind it, them sticking to only platform is a way to help lower the cost

I mean, people can deal without play so many PS4 exclusives, but not a Crash Bandicoot remake with gameplay 1:1 except Coco?

They must be furries. /s

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Buy yourself a damn PS4 people. Its cheap and has a rich library of exclusive games.

The same factors that differentiate the PS4Vanilla, PS4Slim and PS4pro, three different platforms that successfully coexist with each other despite not having any exclusives over the othe two alternatives.

This is getting OT, but the question then could be asked:

Am I getting Naughty Dog 1st party quality single player games or would developers have different motivations then (games as a service, ect) being on so many platforms?

On topic: Hopefully it comes to other platforms eventually so more people can enjoy it. However, I doubt it's making or breaking people buying a PS4 for it...

Joey Ravn

Banned
Then buy a PS4 pro. Doesn't the game run at 60fps at checkerboard upscaled to 4k or something?

No, it doesn't.

I can't believe you were calling out someone before for those "tales from my ass" and then you go ahead and spurt an obvious lie like that one.

Boggles the mind.

What's the problem if it's exclusive or not?

When customers have more information they make informed decisions. An equally valid question is why hasn't anyone from Sony or Activision come out and clarified whether it is exclusive or not? What is the point of this obfuscation?

MUnited83

For you.
Damn. You're sacrificing many good games for higher FPS and framerate.

Could never do that and I have a gaming PC too.

Do you have confirmation?
Not a single mention of exclusivity in any PR ever given out and not a single mention of exclusivity at any event. It's happening.

He also isn't sacrificing much tbh

fantomena

Not a single mention of exclusivity in any PR ever given out and not a single mention of exclusivity at any event. It's happening.

He also isn't sacrificing much tbh

Then you should cross fingers for that the info I have is correct.

He is sacrificing a lot imo.

It'll come out eventually to all platforms most likely
Sony ain't paying activisions insane price to keep it exclusive
They know people want Crash so Sony only paid for it to be exclusive until 2018

$$$$$$$$$ wins

That being said, I'm picking it up Friday 😎

MUnited83

For you.
Nope.

I mean, I would love PC version of Crash N'Sane, but so far it's not happening.
"So far" lmao. Yeah, it hasn't been announced yet (for frankly obvious reasons), it will be eventually when the timed exclusive is up. Do you really want to start a pedantic semantics argument as you usually do?

I mean, people can deal without play so many PS4 exclusives, but not a Crash Bandicoot remake with gameplay 1:1 except Coco?

They must be furries. /s

i mean it isn't 1:1

that game that's been the least changed is 3, 2 has time trials, 1 also has time trails, has better controls with a ton of QOL improvements

and sure they are still the same games but some people just want to play them and don't have a PS4

People talking about the PlayStation references in the game. Lego city undercover was full of Nintendo Easter eggs. Still got ported.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I don't think there is a single exclusive game on PS4 of interest to me.

Bloodborne?

Persona 5?

Horizon?

You're missing out on some seriously phenomenal games.

Top Bottom