• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crashmo/Fallblox |OT| Heart-Shaped Blox

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
k5n48.jpg
NoO7D.jpg

This game is fucking awesome.

Holy shit, I didn't know stages in this game could start out three-dimensional

BowieZ

Banned
I hope S-8 gets cancer.
You do know that there's a devious trick to that one, right? :p

S-10 is completely vile

edit: FINALLY, GOT DAMN
Yup. When I looked at it I said "impossible!" out loud. But when you realise you need to get all the stairs on top of each other while using the holes to slide them, and also slide the green one here and there, it becomes easier to manage.

Meanwhile, I'm stuck on the next one, the chicken lol

EDIT: OMG done. It was way easier than what I was doing.

Shaffield

lol, I just got the SpotPass message about the parachute for the second time
Nintendo is really excited for me to try this thing :p

zroid

Banned
And the Watermelon is smashed. That's enough for today, I think!

I'm zipping through these a lot faster than I thought I would. So addictiveeeee

Roto13

The picture puzzles are nuuuuutttssss

I finished the first two. Haven't attempted to third one yet. I don't have the energy for it right now.

Roto13

Well. Did the 100 regular puzzles and all of the training puzzles and the first three prototypes. Let's see how these 40 other puzzles are. :p

rjc571

Banned
It's pretty pathetic how the prototype stages cause the framerate to be cut in half. Is the 3DS really that weak that it can't handle an extra layer of blocks at 60 fps?

Other than that, the game is just as AMAZING as the original, if not more so!

MY GOD THREE DIMENSIONAL PUZZLES. As creator of the OT I feel rather bad that I'm only halfway through the cloud levels :( I need to ascend!

Found an interesting quote from the review;

"One of the best IPs Nintendo has done recently. It's fresh, clever and challenging and the only thing we could ask for is a "Rotblox" where we can 'rotate' the pieces!"

I vote we call it "Spinblox" or "Twistmo". I'm giving these away for free Nintendo.

Chris R

WHY can't I buy this game?

005-6534 is the error code :| System up to date, more than enough money in my wallet. LET ME buy this game damnit!

WHY can't I buy this game?

005-6534 is the error code :| System up to date, more than enough money in my wallet. LET ME buy this game damnit!

I found this on GameFAQS of all places, so I can't vouch for its accuracy. Anything to help somebody experience Crashmo

Lol, I fixed it :D tried the solution for error code 005-6535

1.Change the Region Setting to Canada 1.From the Nintendo 3DS HOME menu, select "System Settings."
2.Select "Other Settings," then "Profile."
3.Select "Region Settings," then select Canada (this will be changed back to United States in a moment).
4.Select "OK" twice, "Back" twice, then "Close" to return to the Nintendo 3DS HOME menu.

2.Enter the Nintendo eShop 1.Select the Nintendo eShop icon, then select "Next" twice.
2.Select "I agree," "Next," then "Confirm."
Note: You will see a notice about how the change in country settings affects your funds. Your funds will become accessible again once the country is changed back to United States at the end of this process.

3.Select " any province, and select "OK" twice to enter the Nintendo eShop. •If prompted to link to Club Nintendo, select "Skip."

4.Press the HOME Button and select "Close" to exit the Nintendo eShop.

3.Change the Region Setting to United States 1.Select "Other Settings," then "Profile."
2.Select "Region Settings," then select United States.
3.Select the state, then "OK."
4.Select "Back" twice, then "Close" to return to the Nintendo 3DS HOME menu.

4.Update the Zip code in the Nintendo eShop 1.Select the Nintendo eShop icon, then select "Next" twice.
2.Select "I accept," "Next," then "Confirm." •If prompted to link to Club Nintendo, you may choose to do so now, or you may select "Skip" to link your account at a later time.

3.Select the "Menu" button from the top-left of the touch screen.
4.Scroll down and select "Settings / Other."
5.Scroll down and select "Location Settings."
6.Enter the zip code, then select "OK."
7.Verify that your city, state, and county are correct, or select the city, state, and county if prompted.
8.Select "OK" twice to confirm your location settings.

It worked yay! Finally time to get Pushmo.

Chris R

Ya I saw those instructions and just purchased the game by following them. Nintendo's site was not helpful at all.

edit: Forced tutorials, the bane of my existence!

zroid

Banned
Just went back to S-13 after not playing at all for most of the day...

...and got it within a couple minutes. Fuck.

NeoRausch

lol, I just got the SpotPass message about the parachute for the second time
Nintendo is really excited for me to try this thing :p

yupp, looks like a bug. i also got them 4 times. everytime you've played the gamee you get the newest spotpass.

BowieZ has a major problem!

zroid

Banned
eeaaaaaaa, I just realized the Training music is from Pushmo! I'd been playing them with the volume off mostly, so I never noticed before :O

Vibed

I almost got this game yesterday...

but I got Art of Balance instead.

Love that game too, but seeing some of these mind bending works of art, I'm regretting it.

rjc571

Banned
So how is this game? Better than Pushmo?

It really depends on how mechanically complex you like your puzzle games to be... the thing that made Pushmo so perfect was how simple and elegant its rules were... you could understand everything you can do within the first few minutes of playing... yet it still managed to present puzzles that were absolutely fiendish because it exploited those rules so brilliantly. Crashmo, on the other hand, is a lot more complex, so it's a lot harder to completely grasp everything that can be done. So there will be plenty of times where you stumble onto the solution to a puzzle completely by accident by doing something which causes something completely unexpected to happen. So if you had to ask me, I'd say Pushmo (but Crashmo is still brilliant).

zroid

Banned
Yeah there were a few situations where I ended up solving a puzzle in Crashmo without knowing what the hell I was doing. Usually when I'm frustrated because I have no idea how to approach it so I just muck about until the solution presents itself. Of course I don't know how I got there in the first place.

When this happens I always immediately replay the level and try to replicate my success. Sometimes it takes a while.

Credits just rolled, btw.

I picked this up on EU release date and I've been playing it off and on since. I agree with the earlier posters- it helps to forget what you've learned in Pullblox/ Pushmo and the difficulty can be brutal! 5-7, 5-8 and 5-10 all took me ages but I'm loving this- it's the Dark Souls of puzzle games!

Hale-XF11

I keep forgetting the new rules that allow me to do things that previous game wouldn't let me do. My brain is still trying to unlearn the rules of the first game.

Shaffield

i'm finding the Picture puzzles to be so much fun, maybe moreso than the Challenges.
i love of feeling of tearing apart the structure to stack a staircase to the top, it feels more like the exploratory quality of climbing that was in the huge levels in Pushmo

Top Bottom