• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creepy image thread.

TheJollyCorner said:
someone has already posted another one of these, but the Hans Bellmer mannequins (1933) creep me out significantly:

2m6vnv5.jpg

2uqhr1z.jpg

of course, well-used inspiration for Masahiro Ito in Silent Hill 2.
I was gonna say, that's some Silent Hill shit right there. God, I wish I could remember what it was, but there was this weird avant-garde silent film that we watched in my film class years ago. I remember there was this one scene where this lady was like... weaving yarn or something, I don't know what to call that motion, but it was old, scratchy film from the 30's I believe, and she was just weaving her hands back and forth, and then there was another lady sitting across from her doing the exact same thing. I can't explain it, but I was so creeped out by it. I just wish I could remember the source of that footage.

TheJollyCorner said:
I... am having a very hard time following the comic. Do I need to read it from right to left or something?
Clearly I don't read many Japanese comics/manga/whatever. :p
Yeah, it's Junji Ito, so it's Japanese manga, read the panels from right to left.

MooMoo

gblues said:
Great contribution. Creepy as fuck.

Uzumaki is another great manga written by Junji Ito, the same guy who wrote Enigma of Amigara Fault. Someone also linked to Fuan No Tane (not sure if it was this thread or that scary gif ID thread), which is basically a collection of really short creepy stories. You should check them out!

BlueTsunami said:
Find this very creepy. Amazing contrast between the human physique and whatever they are. Has a cosmic terror feel ala Lovecraft.
Holy moses, that is awesome. I guess it's creepy cause there's this unnerving erotic subtext to it.

dvolovets said:
Holy FUCK, this gave me chills... ugh. Damn this thread. Why do I keep going back?!
Yeah, I remember seeing the Belmez faces for the first time. Shit's way creepy, since they just allegedly "form" in the floor. :/

Afrikan

maruchan said:
when i was kid this was creepy...
babyghost.jpg

I was going to come in here and post this.... OMG when I first accidentally saw that....I was like WTF was that?...rewound the tape...then slow motion.....then D:

heart dropped man, thinking I've finally seen a real ghost...I mean why the fuck would that be THERE?

back then there was no google to find out what that was about.

Uchip

Banned
Dynamite Ringo Matsuri said:
I was gonna say, that's some Silent Hill shit right there. God, I wish I could remember what it was, but there was this weird avant-garde silent film that we watched in my film class years ago. I remember there was this one scene where this lady was like... weaving yarn or something, I don't know what to call that motion, but it was old, scratchy film from the 30's I believe, and she was just weaving her hands back and forth, and then there was another lady sitting across from her doing the exact same thing. I can't explain it, but I was so creeped out by it. I just wish I could remember the source of that footage.

I recently watched jacobs ladder and saw a lot of inspiration for silent hill
the subway scene is almost identical to the one in silent hill 3

and i never thought anthropomorphism could be (intentionally) creepy
reit.png

BlueTsunami said:
Find this very creepy. Amazing contrast between the human physique and whatever they are. Has a cosmic terror feel ala Lovecraft.

So true, so true. Almost reminds me of "The Mound"

the chris said:
It moves too
fwqL8.gif

Oh god, his illustrations are horrific, in an awesome way. The staple of my youth when it comes to ghost stories.

*image* already posted!

diunxx

TheJollyCorner said:
what's the story?

Honestly, people (in reference to the original poster)- a link, description, whatever isn't that much work...

Can't post a link because the site is still BANNED!!!!

Instro

If I find the images Ill post them later because I havent seen them posted in here yet. Theres a couple gifs from this movie where the victim is tied to a chair in a dark room and the killer is creeping up the behind them wearing this really weird mask and he has like needles for fingers or something.

Also theres these pictures of a supposed journal of a girl who went insane after reading a book, its creepy as hell so if I find it ill post it here.

SmithnCo

Instro said:
If I find the images Ill post them later because I havent seen them posted in here yet. Theres a couple gifs from this movie where the victim is tied to a chair in a dark room and the killer is creeping up the behind them wearing this really weird mask and he has like needles for fingers or something.

poughkeepsie.gif

From the movie "Poughkeepsie Tapes"

I remember this being the best part of the movie, and the rest being generally unscary or having some bad acting.

Marvie_3

Banned
Horsebite said:
More illustrations from "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark". I bought the whole collection a while back.

http://i.imgur.com/jsn0e.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tfLEO.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/iZoN7.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MdzFS.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Yes! I loved those books when I was younger.

Top Bottom