• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crimson Dragon (Xbox One) Reviews Thread

as long as this game sells well we have a slither of hope he gets the green light to do phantom dust 2 - god people who are reviewing this game are making the chance slim though D-:

Alx

Seems like all MS first party games have some kind of monetization system. :/

I was slightly worried by that possibility in Crimson Dragon, because the phone version was indeed a "free to play" game, basically : you had to collect gems to use them as "continue" or to buy abilities for your dragon. Gems were obtained when you finish a level for the first time, by GPS unlocks or rarely collected throughout levels, but of course the fastest way to get them was to buy them with real cash.
It seems that the Xbox One version of the game has a similar gem system, but I had understood it was easier to collect gems for free. Maybe I was wrong.
For the record, I finished all the levels of the phone version of the game without paying any fee (I can't actually, since the ingame store only uses MS points and they were discontinued). Of course GPS unlocking helped a lot, since I could get a few hundreds gems during my last vacations in Spain. :p But I'm far from having everything unlocked.

Tamanon

Banned
Did we know there were going to be micro-transactions like this previously? I can't recall hearing anything about it, and it seems like it's an important thing to mention when it's game-impacting ones.

Weird.

Alx

Did we know there were going to be micro-transactions like this previously? I can't recall hearing anything about it, and it seems like it's an important thing to mention when it's game-impacting ones.

Weird.

It had been mentioned, but nobody seemed to care at the time.
I'll probably still give the game a try, but I won't pay more than the entry price, that's for sure. It will remind me the good times of arcades, when I would try to make a single quarter last as long as possible, and refuse to add one to continue. :)

Slime

Banned
This stings. :(

I'll wait for user impressions before I get too worried, but it's not sounding good. This has been one of my most anticipated games for a while now.

Still think I'll end up getting it regardless at some point, though. I need some
pseudo-
Panzer Dragoon in my life.

Jarlaxle

Game still looks pretty interesting. I have a feeling this might be one of the first XBL giveaways on the XB1 whenever that starts off. I might hold off on purchasing this right away.

Jarlaxle

Game still looks pretty interesting. I have a feeling this might be one of the first XBL giveaways on the XB1 whenever that starts off. I might hold off on purchasing this right away.

Naminator

Banned
Q4eH0vc.jpg
Desperate.

GetemMa

So this is two games that Kinect sabotaged for the Xbone launch lineup.

I wonder what Crimson Dragon and RYSE could have been like if they were designed to not used Kinect first?

Kinect is toxic.

derFeef

So this is two games that Kinect sabotaged for the Xbone launch lineup.

I wonder what Crimson Dragon and RYSE could have been like if they were designed to not used Kinect first?

Kinect is toxic.

I think you are misinformed about the development cycle of those games.

Confirmed worse than Knack and Killzone and Resogun

Uh not sure why your categorizing Resogun there. That game is scoring 9s and is pretty widely regarded as the best PS4 launch title. Having played it nonstop for the past few days (and I'm not a big twin sticker shooter guy) I can definitely say the review scores are deserved. Knack and Killzone are junk though sadly it looks like Crimson D is as well so I'm not sure if its worth a purchase now or if I should wait for the inevitable price drop...

Isn't this made by the Panzer Dragon dudes? Did they forget how to make a good game or something?

I don't get it all of the PD games have been pretty damn great including their last one Orta. What went wrong here?

SegaShack

Isn't this made by the Panzer Dragon dudes? Did they forget how to make a good game or something?

I don't get it all of the PD games have been pretty damn great including their last one Orta. What went wrong here?

I'm going to wait to judge this one until I play out. Not everyone agrees with reviews. It might end up being disappointing but I want to try it no matter what. The footage I've seen of the game looks like a fun rails shooter to me that's in the spirit of PD. However, that comment from one of the reviews saying how it doesn't live up to previous PD games and that the first level of one of them was a lot better than all of CD, is what concerns me.

PG2G

I played for a few minutes and the controls were just terrible to me. Will have to go back and see what the options are.

Very disappointed so far.

Man, forget these review scores. This is one of the only launch exclusives that seem genuinely exciting.

Have you played it? Have you seen it? I'm a huge PD fan and I was left pretty disgusted after watching Giant Bomb's quick look. I would honestly rather not play another PD if it's going to be designed like CD.

Top Bottom