• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII was a a great addition the VII universe

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
With all the genetic tinkering done to Cloud, it's no wonder he can't give Tifa children.

That would be kind of icky, Tifa is basically like a sister to Cloud. There's no romantic undertones there imo. His true love Aeris is waiting in the lifestream for him.

Speaking of Aeris, seeing my fave FF VII character alive again was my favorite part of Crisis Core. Gameplay was awful though.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I really, really enjoyed that game.

Skilletor

That would be kind of icky, Tifa is basically like a sister to Cloud. There's no romantic undertones there imo. His true love Aeris is waiting in the lifestream for him.

Speaking of Aeris, seeing my fave FF VII character alive again was my favorite part of Crisis Core. Gameplay was awful though.

Wut. Tifa was obviously a high school crush, not a sister.

Aeris isn't waiting for him, she's too busy enjoying Zack's buster sword..

RedAssedApe

Banned
All the cool stuff was just the fleshing out the plot that we already knew of from ff7: nibelhelm incident, aeris+zack, zack+cloud, cloud and sephiroth's personalities before both went off the deep end.

Ending was super corny. Yes it gives you the feels because Zack is an actual character now (nice guy sack) and you see him and cloud develop a friendship.

Wut. Tifa was obviously a high school crush, not a sister.

Aeris isn't waiting for him, she's too busy enjoying Zack's buster sword..

Yup. I also thought the opposite. The connection between the two was through Zack and had nothing to do with any real feelings between the two. Whereas cloud and tifa had an actual history.

Banned
Crisis Core is secretly the best final fantasy. It's wonderful to be reminded of such a great game, as I'd forgotten about it.

This deserves a HD remaster.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Fun gameplay, great OST, good story & characters. It was alil corny at times what with Zack naming 7th Heaven an getting Aeris started selling flowers, but the games so worth it overall!

For all the Genesis haters, well he's the badguy why wouldn't ya hate him? An ya do get to kill him off in the end. Wouldn't expect him to make an appearance in the remake since he's not part of Cloud's story. Dude prolly never even heard of the guy before.

jiggle

Best ff made in the last 15 years really
Sure geneshit sucked and the gameplay was kinda meh
But the good parts are just so great they outweigh the bad

SOLDIER

That would be kind of icky, Tifa is basically like a sister to Cloud. There's no romantic undertones there imo.

Even giving the benefit of the doubt to a hardcore Cloud/Aerith shipper, this isn't even remotely true.

the fact that they had sex is canon, you know

Nothing would spoil the Remake harder than retconning Tifa into Lefa (the fact that almost rhymes makes me physically ill).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I really liked Angeal, too, for what it's worth. He doesn't seem to get discussed very much, and he was more down to earth than a lot of FF characters. Especially when compared to his friend Genesis, who is the definition of over the top. This even reflected in his design.

angeal_top-1.jpg

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Oh an never forget that Crisis Core also gave us SCIENCE!!!

While not quite Supernova-tier, it's still a crazy over the top attack ya can't help but love & laugh at!

Noi

For all the Genesis haters, well he's the badguy why wouldn't ya hate him? An ya do get to kill him off in the end. Wouldn't expect him to make an appearance in the remake since he's not part of Cloud's story.

'cept for the part where you don't, cause he's so special that his sickness/degradation is cured at the end and the Goddess of the planet herself forgives him and saves his life.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
'cept for the part where you don't, cause he's so special that his sickness/degradation is cured at the end and the Goddess of the planet herself forgives him and saves his life.
I don't remember that part! Was that part of the regular end or the clear every single mission bonus? Either way ya get to ruin his day so its all good. Still waiting on that secret ending from DoC where Genesis suddenly lives again to be followed up on... >.>

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

Lol, the fanbase of Cloti and Clerith is going to explode after the remake comes out after being repressed for so many years.

But no seriously, its Cloud and Tifa and that's basically confirmed.

zack fair is easily my favorite ff character, my main hope is that we get some of crisis core remade in the FF7 remake, its literally the #1 thing i want for it since it doesn't look like itll ever get re released

BlueWord

Game was a mixed bag plot wise, but was saved by its commitment to maintaining the integrity of the original cast. Zack was a great character, and you can see why Cloud idolized him; Sephiroth, as the OP pointed, got some time to demonstrate why he was so admired before he went insane; and Aerith's characterization remained true to VII, and allowed the audience to better understand her frame of mind and her attraction to Cloud.

On the other hand, most of the new characters ranged from inoffensive (Lazard, Angeal) to downright obnoxious (Gackt), with Cissnei being perhaps the sole exception. It's been a while, though, so I'm sure I'm forgetting other things I liked. I remember my impressions being pretty positive.

Seeing as how VIIR seems to more closely mean VII reboot than VII remake, I'm pretty certain we'll see several elements from Crisis Core integrated into this new series. That said, I'm not confident we'll see an exact remake or retelling of either this or DoC, since it seems SE is looking at the original compilation as something else these days.

desmax

I think the game's all right.

What I hope is that the remake does something like Laguna in FFVIII, giving us playable sections with Zack as some kind of flashback.

Oh yeah, the remake will need The Price of Freedom

Varg

Banned
I adored it . The story was amazing and the battle system was fun. Would love a ps4 or vita version and I believe he only thing stopping it is a damn song.

Draeter

Banned
I think its the less awful of all the games that spawned from ffvii corpse, it is certainly not dirge of cerberus. The combat, the relationship between zack and aerith and probably the part about Nibelheim are the best parts of the game. The rest... Ewgg
The grindy boring missions, that fucking roulette every fucking time you fight, the retarded AI , the lame dialogues from fucking everyone and of course fuck Genesis, one of if not the worse character SE has ever done.

ethomaz

Banned
I disagree.

FFVII is a great package story wise and the spinoff didn't add value to it.

You know what hapoemed in Crisis Core playing FFVII already.

Said that Crisis Core is a good JRPG.

anaron

This and DoC are the worst things to happen to VII & Square Enix

"hey let's make every single scene a nod to the original but since it's a prequel, Zack did it first!!"

Zack's Midas touch on the events of everything. He names Tifa's bar, he gives Aerith her ribbon, he tell her to wear pink, to sell flowers

and

fucking Gackt

T R A S H

depward

I REALLY enjoyed Crisis Core. I also think it's because I though the PSP had such a great library of games.

I would love to replay this on Vita, as I'm sure many would.

One of the things that impressed me was how they handled "good guy" Sephiroth or rather before he went bonkers. I swear to god, normal Sephy is seriously likeable and at points downright friendly (like that one scene in Junon). I know I can't consider this side of him as a separate character but I'd have to say he's a favorite of mine as far as this game goes.

I loved it. This and FF X are the only two video game stories to bring me to tears. Zack was a damn charming character. Amazing production values for psp and fun combat. I really need to go back and try more of hard mode. It was brutal at first compared to normal. You had to be far more concerned with defense. I died on the Wutai bit with the towers. Normal difficulty sorta amounted to me pressing x a bunch without much worry. Hard is a pretty big jump difficulty-wise IMO.

If the game had sucked I still would have enjoyed it because they really did the FF VII world justice. Both visually and in attention to detail to VII's lore.

anaron

I loved it. This and FF X are the only two video game stories to bring me to tears. Zack was a damn charming character. Amazing production values for psp and fun combat. I really need to go back and try more of hard mode. It was brutal at first compared to normal. You had to be far more concerned with defense. I died on the Wutai bit with the towers. Normal difficulty sorta amounted to me pressing x a bunch without much worry. Hard is a pretty big jump difficulty-wise IMO.

If the game had sucked I still would have enjoyed it because they really did the FF VII world justice. Both visually and in attention to detail to VII's lore.

like retconning a brand new character into the events of the original?

DSix

Banned
Zack was good and the gameplay quite alright.

But fuck no to all the shitty characters it introduced, Genesis, Angeal, Hollander, all horrible and should have no part in FF7 ever.

A-V-B

Seeing as how VIIR seems to more closely mean VII reboot than VII remake, I'm pretty certain we'll see several elements from Crisis Core integrated into this new series. That said, I'm not confident we'll see an exact remake or retelling of either this or DoC, since it seems SE is looking at the original compilation as something else these days.

Gonna take a wild guess and say they'll pull the reverse move Disney did with handling Star Wars.

They'll respect the prequels more than the original. So if there's a clash, CC content takes precedence.

I knew nothing about FFVII but I loved the game. Some events and references obviously flew way over my head but the story as itself and the mechanics were top notch.

Safros

Eh, I thought the dialogue and characters were pretty bad. As bad as AC. The tedious gameplay didn't make it any better, either. I think it's the only FF game that I've genuinely disliked.

Some of the music was nice and it looked nice. That's about as much praise as I can give it.

Top Bottom