• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 [use new thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alrus

Twitchy editing yay!

Anyway it seems a bit early to start a hype campaign if the game is only coming in a year. Oh well the boxart looks really nice though.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Looks good but hunting aliens with bows still looks a little silly to me.

U2NUMB

I'm in! Looks great.. actually really enjoyed 2. Thought it was amazing what they did visually on the 360. (also bought Crysis 1 on 360 and enjoyed the hell out of that)

I like Crysis, but...

-bragging about graphics in the trailer, then making it damn near impossible to see shit

-magazine quotes for Crysis 2

-this looks like a Crysis 2 expansion pack

Fuck this trailer

SIMON-COWELL-HAPPY-GIF.gif

KKRT00

o_0

In forest scene there is subpixel aliasing in the distance and shader aliasing on nanosuit, so it was recorded live.

In 1:12 we can see that rocket destroyed part of wall.

There was also frog in the river :)

BTW that grass moving on the wind looks awesome.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
How many decades after Crysis 2 is this? A jungle doesn't grow in a month.

Edit: 20 years. Uh.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I like Crysis, but...

-bragging about graphics in the trailer, then making it damn near impossible to see shit

-magazine quotes for Crysis 2

-this looks like a Crysis 2 expansion pack

Fuck this trailer

Totally agree, "gameplay trailer" when you can't see a shit because of a hundred flash every two seconds.

AndTAR

Well, I guess that "hunt down the aliens"-type premise does actually bode for more open, sandbox-style gameplay. Gonna be interesting.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The trailer itself is kind of annoying, but the game footage in there is absolutely astounding.

I can't believe how good that looks in motion.

crysis are nice games(played them both and warhead)
but the story doesn't make sense,its hard to get "attached" to it.
I thought Crysis 1 had a fun story that was easy to follow.

Crysis 2, on the other hand, went off the deep end with a bunch of crazy ideas that didn't mesh.

Jibbed

Some of the scenes at the beginning were pretty.

Other than that, horribly-edited mishmash and the whole thing was dark as hell.

RooMHM

Omygod that low synth bass sound like BF3 is absolutely awful.

Best lighting ever confirmed?
I'm still puzzles by the name. Crysis 3 would mean the end of the trilogy right? End it in NY, this way? Should've done a new "Warhead" thingie IMO.

You defend the most ridiculous shit sometimes.

Also, he wasn't saying it was hard to follow.

Really, like what? I wasn't "defending" it, it's not my pet cat or something. Everyone "defends" something that someone else can find strange, I'm sure there's something you'd defend that I'd find ridiculous.

I thought we saved New York already?

Anyway, I think I saw one new enemy in that trailer and they were all aliens. That's a problem. Crysis 2 lacked really good enemy variety and honestly, I disliked fighting the calamari somewhat. Really hope the work on that.

But it really does just look like more Crysis 2, an expansion pack even. I think it's too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom