• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 [use new thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why they gotta jack the Alien/Prometheus noise though?

The crazy editing did not aid the reveal. Chill out trailer, I DO want to SEE the gameplay.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Crytek can actually make a lush overgrown city look bland, that's skill.

Why is everything so desaturated and covered with a thick blue filter?

DieH@rd

Banned
Graphic looks really great, but the storyline in the trailer is kinda meh. "Take back the city" tagline is really not doing much for me.

Looks good but hunting aliens with bows still looks a little silly to me.

feature_00027_top_10_movie_bow_and_arrows_dutch_predator.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
55555555555555j7r5e.png

Oh please.

and yeah looks really meh. Crysis 2.5

Crytek can actually make a lush overgrown city look bland, that's skill.

Why is everything so desaturated and covered with a thick blue filter?

It looks like there are blue hue-ish alien spotlights all over the alien base areas. I'm sure there's more dark jungle areas. I have no idea where you're getting this "bland" from, it looks insane...

Jb

Uninspired trailer but I've liked every FPS Crytek has put out so far. Hopefully we'll also get to fight humans.

Kinyou

lol, where does this dome around New York all the sudden come from, why aren't all the aliens dead and why would New York be so important to "save" (it's a total ruin now)

Not that I'd care much anyway, but Crytek really seems to have trouble telling a coherent story.

NinjaBoiX

looks better than Crysis 2. Which should not be seen has an accomplishment.
Crysis 2 definitely had to make concessions to run on PS360, but really? And it's staggering on PC. My mouth was on the floor several times during the campaign, even on the 360 version. It's one of the most technically accomplished games I've ever seen, struggling at times on outdated hardware.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Crysis 2 definitely had to make concessions to run on PS360, but really? And it's staggering on PC.

Crysis 2 is a console port on PC. Nothing like Crysis 1 which was made from the scratch.

lol, where does this dome around New York all the sudden come from, why aren't all the aliens dead and why would New York be so important to "save" (it's a total ruin now)

Not that I'd care much anyway, but Crytek really seems to have trouble telling a coherent story.

Yeah and given the game is...what...20 odd years after Crysis 2, it's a bit of leap to keep the story progression from the last one natural.

I suspect the 20 years thing was simply a plot device to allow them to re-use New York, but add in the jungle and nothing more.

whyman

Not feeling it. I liked Crysis, the island setting is coolt. Crysis 2 wasent bad but wasent great. This just looks like more of the same and no thanks.

derFeef

Edited way too fast, can't see anything. But I am sure it will look fantastic. (Crysis 2.5 comments are stupid at this point).

Kinyou

Yeah and given the game is...what...20 odd years after Crysis 2, it's a bit of leap to keep the story progression from the last one natural.

I suspect the 20 years thing was simply a plot device to allow them to re-use New York, but add in the jungle and nothing more.
Oh it plays 20 years after Crysis 2? Well that makes everything just more confusing.

NinjaBoiX

Crysis 2 is a console port on PC. Nothing like Crysis 1 which was made from the scratch.
Oh really? Well regardless, they still clearly had to make concessions that weren't necessary on the PC build. I mean, I thought it was great on 360, dodgy frame rate and shadows be damned.

Kayhan

Looks like the best graphics I have ever seen.

I didn't like some of their aesthetic choices but purely on the graphics I can't understand why people are so critical.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
The premise sounds like a sad excuse just to return to the "real jungle" of the original. Oh well here's hoping it turns out well, Crysis 2 was the most disappointing shooter of last year.

"BEST GAME EVA" - A dude. CHOPPY CUT TO GAMEPLAY FOR 5 SECONDS "A CINEMATIC VISCERAL EXPERIENCE" - Your mum. BRWAAAH CHOPPY CUT TO GAMEPLAY
Trailer in a nutshell

DerZuhälter;37235198 said:
Well Crysis 2 (DX 9) didn't impress me either, DX 11 just slowed the game down immensly. The visual upgrade was quite negligible.

The graphics were about the only place that Crysis 2 succeeded. It was optimised as shit, also.

I would agree if you said the art style was lacking, because I think the colours and bloom were awful, but play those night levels and tell me it's not fucking stunning, even in DX9.

PnCIa

Crysis assets + Crysis 2 assets = Crysis 3. Graphics of course look very, very good. But that story...holy shit its really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom