• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 [use new thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when was humanity able to build such huge domes during an alien invasion?

really? really? There have been nano suits and aliens and your disbelife comes from a giant bio dome.

The footage you could see looks fucking great. trailer itself is meh. Cant wait for it to be DX11 from day one and crush some 680s and 7970s

Kinyou

really? really? There have been nano suits and aliens and your disbelife comes from a giant bio dome.

The footage you could see looks fucking great. trailer itself is meh. Cant wait for it to be DX11 from day one and crush some 680s and 7970s
I think the disbelief comes more from building that dome at the same time the aliens are blowing them to pieces.

Yasir

Hmmm. Alot of aliens in that trailer, really didn't enjoy fighting the aliens in the first two games. I want to kill people dammit :(

raphier

Banned

I think the disbelief comes more from building that dome at the same time the aliens are blowing them to pieces.

Indeed. I just find it funny and pathetic. Why New York and not for example, London?

That is pretty crazy

Sojgat

This has totally killed any excitement I had for this, not until 2013 and it looks pretty average anyway. Awful trailer.

Frankfurt

Banned
So they expect us to get hyped with night-time sequences fighting the most boring aliens in the history of shooters? I'm hoping there's lots and lots of wide open, daylight sequences against humans with lots of houses and buildings to hide in. Shooting bullet-sponge aliens in narrow places was as dull as it could be.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Since when was humanity able to build such huge domes during an alien invasion?

Its a solid energy shield, the shield generator was actually built in CapeTown far far from the main invasion force.
All they had to do was transport the generator to the site and turn it on.

Which while difficult isnt impossible.

I can't believe all of the bad reactions.

Crysis 2 was one of the best shooters of last year and set a new benchmark for visuals on the PC (top notch visuals + super quick performance). Loved the hell out of it just as I did the original Crysis.

I feel as if people were far too quick to slam it simply because it appeared on consoles.

Other than the incohorent story (at least on the first playthrough), yes I completely agree

thisisneogaf.gif

fuenf

Outside of CoD, what other shooters?

Most console shooter that are on a two year release schedule: Halo (not Reach), Gears, Killzone maybe even Mass Effect. They all seem to copy heavily from there previous installments but i'm fine with it, why do you have to reinvent the wheel if you have a proven formula that works? (granted that i loved Crysis 2)

So they expect us to get hyped with night-time sequences fighting the most boring aliens in the history of shooters?.

Thats hilarious cause everyone talks about how Crysis 2 looks best at night. Just can't make everyone happy I guess. And you know the game is at least a year away, they have a while to go. Last, have you read the recent interviews? They said the environments will be varied.

Saty

Crytek has DX11 features running on the console versions but it's undecided if they will be included in the retail release: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-graphics-running-on-crysis-3-on-ps3-xbox-360

"We want to make sure as much as is humanly possible can translate from a DX11 variant into a DX9 variant, that will work almost as good on an Xbox console to whatever extent we can, because we don't want the experience to be different between the platforms," Rasmus Højengaard, director of creative development at Crytek, told Eurogamer.

"It is very, very difficult, but it is possible. It just requires a lot of effort. Some of the stuff these guys are making work on consoles now is absolutely amazing. It's render features that shouldn't theoretically work on consoles, but they've managed to construct code that can emulate a similar thing from a… hack and slash sounds wrong, but they don't have the same streamlined pipeline you would have with a DX11 structure, but they can get to a similar result just by experimenting and using tips and tricks."
Højengaard provided a concrete example of this: parallax occlusion mapping, while pointing out that it was not a feature confirmed to be in the console version of Crysis 3.

"I'm not saying this will be in the game, but they managed to make parallax occlusion mapping work, which is an advanced form of bump mapping where you get silhouettes as well, and you have self-shadowing even though you have absolutely no polygons," he explained.

"That's a very advanced feature, and it shouldn't theoretically run on a 360, but they made it run on a 360."

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Kind of annoying that you can't see too much because of the quick cuts but what was there looked great. One nice improvement that I noticed, guns don't take up nearly as much of the screen as they did in 2. I liked Prophet's narration too.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Goddamn why the fuck is this not a prequel ...bow and no aliens in a freaking jungle with humans would have been great but this is .............

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Those quotes were talking about the console version.

You are missing the point. POM has always been possible on consoles (360 is using DX9.5) technically, even Crytek themselves have accomplished this before on less than DX11 hardware. It's an example that just doesn't make sense.

You are missing the point. POM has always been possible on consoles (360 is using DX9.5) technically, even Crytek themselves have accomplished this before on less than DX11 hardware. It's an example that just doesn't make sense.

Oh, I see. Has it been in other 360 games, though? Maybe its just a performance drainer and Crytek would rather be a little more efficient with more necessary features.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Another thing I noticed going through and pausing the video, the minimap looks a lot clearer than the one in 2. It was kind of useless in 2. Here's hoping the full map screen returns.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Another thing I noticed going through and pausing the video, the minimap looks a lot clearer than the one in 2. It was kind of useless in 2. Here's hoping the full map screen returns.

Hudless 4 life.

Hopefully they either remove QTE's or put the button prompts on a separate layer from the hud ala the upgrade menu.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
There are 7 different regions of New York, each with entirely different ecosystems so there should be a lot of environment variety.

Yeah no, we'll see. Anyway i'm done bitching about this game. It's not even worth talking about it yet. 2013 is too far away.

Looks great. But less aliens please. Humanoids are still not a true substitute for real humans.

I really hope they start with aliens after which the humans step in.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Man. Abysmal trailer.

Also not so sure I'm up for more aliens either.

The aliens were a lot of fun in Crysis 2. They've also said that Cell and Ceph aren't the only factions this time around so it could be cool to see what they do with that. Wildlife is also back and is mutated so you may have to fight that as well.

Ricky_R

It has like an AVP vibe... Can't really say if the footage excites me beyond the great looking graphics though.

I guess that means that it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom