• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cuphead E3 Trailer (XB1, PC)

Really digging the aesthetics

and you know what? This will sound like sacrilege, but that CA actually goes well for that style.

/runs away

This looks to be one of the few gems from an E3 that has got off to a bad start. Few companies will likely leave unscathed due to not releasing much in 2014.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
How do you feel about Genesis-era Treasure boss fights?

aeNYLMO_460sa.gif

Teeth

Fleischer animation and Treasure boss fights?

Have you been reading my dream diary?

The developers also play a lot of Street Fighter III. And think speed running is core to good gaming. And conceptualized a twitch-defensive parry that can allow you optimize a fight by purposely parrying enemy shots to build up a super meter quicker.

Something like that.

I read about it in Retro Magazine.

kiguel182

That art style looks amazing. Really really good.

Shame isn't coming to the PS4 but since it's a 2D I'll buy it on Steam. It has tons of potential.

The Cuphead guy seems to animate better than the early trailer, not sure if they've made changes or it's just a better capture, but looks really good anyway, it must have been the jumping looking smoother, the only bit I wasn't keen on last time.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This style of animation always gave me the creeps, I don't like watching those old cartoons.
I'm glad I'm not the only one...

Flintty

Lol I love the style of this! It's like they ripped a clip from an old Disney short and shoved a tea cup in Mickey's head. Genius style!

Lijik

What always impresses me is how much they nailed the Fleischer/Ub Iwerks rubberhose style. Most modern attempts at that look always feel a little off for one reason or another, but this looks it stepped right out of the era.

You know what this reminds me of? There was this old, old boss-rush action game on Newgrounds with cheap cartoony Flash art. You played as a fox armed with uzis and mega-fists, and your opponents were suitably wacky. Only Cuphead looks far superior and, judging by the developers' homework and citations, it'll play like a dream.

My tankard is topped.

Usobuko

Banned
Boss focus is a very good direction to take.

However, I would like to say from what was shown in the video, their attacks patterns aren't so impressive.

JCreasy

All this makes me think about is how awesome Epic Mickey could truly be as a sidescroller.

So many missed opportunities from Disney. Jeebusss

I liked a lot of what I saw at the Microsoft press conference, but the 5 seconds of this game really made me sit up and say, "Whoa! I want to see more of whatever THAT is!"

Shin

Banned
Beautiful game, very unique in it's looks and one that I was rather impressed (again) when the trailer passed by.

Top Bottom