• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cuphead out September 29th for $19.99 (XB1/Windows 10 and Steam)

Zia

Been waiting for this foreeeeeeever, but are they seriously holding reviews back until after launch... ?

Mdk7

I have such a weird physiological reaction to this artstyle. It gives me anxiety and I don't know why.

Yes, everything should be on switch, we know.

Surely it's absolutely creepy, with a vague satanic/evil feel to it, just like those 30s cartoons.
And that's another reason to love it even more, at least for me.

pitchfork

The game will more than likely destroy me, but those visuals truly are something else!

Really cannot wait to get my mitts on this!!

valeo

I'm going to assume the gameplay in this will be disappointing - but I almost don't care? I basically just want to buy it so I can show friends/the wife.

mcmmaster

I'm going to assume the gameplay in this will be disappointing - but I almost don't care? I basically just want to buy it so I can show friends/the wife.

If run and gun platformers don't appeal to you then I understand, but if not how do you assume the gameplay is going to be disappointing?

wbEMX

Daaaamn, the soundtrack is god-tier. I absolutely adore the audiovisual aspect of the game, but after hearing how difficult it is I'll probably hold off for a bit. Also, I don't have the money right now. I still wish that it'll be successful.

Dynomutt

camby.png

They’re indie devs who had to remortgage their houses and had to borrow money from friends and family to make the game. If you aren’t gonna get it on launch then that’s your business - but no need to actively disrespect their launch like that.

Aren't comments like these is many launch threads. Why pay full price for anything? Regardless of their personal story gaming is not a charity. Are people that emotionally invested to react to someone saying they'll wait till it's cheaper? Sometimes I wonder...

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Um, is this game all about boss fights or there'll be full-on levels in the game too? I mean, i absolutely adore the art style of this game but if it's just all about boss fights... i don't think it'll be interesting to me.

Um, is this game all about boss fights or there'll be full-on levels in the game too? I mean, i absolutely adore the art style of this game but if it's just all about boss fights... i don't think it'll be interesting to me.

The game was originally delayed to add levels, so no worries there.

Sadly (to me), they've added platforming sections. It's not purely a boss rush game.

HotHamBoy

I have a laptop and i will buy this game but I am such a console gamer and I hate using that thing for gaming.

But fuck, man, this game.

btrboyev

It’s been changed to a full platformer, hence why it’s a year or so late.

Aren't comments like these is many launch threads. Why pay full price for anything? Regardless of their personal story gaming is not a charity. Are people that emotionally invested to react to someone saying they'll wait till it's cheaper? Sometimes I wonder...

As I said, if you aren’t going to get it that’s your business. No need to actively disrespect the launch.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

I buy games day 1 I want to support, people say gaming is not a charity, and you do you, but the truth is if everyone was a cheapskate the gaming industry as we know it couldn't exist. There is in fact merit in wanting to support things that you like so the people behind them can stay afloat and continue making stuff, and to demonstrate you want something in a market.

I think 20 bucks for a rare gem like this game goes beyond the qualities of the game. I wouldn't want to wait for a sale on something like this, because I want to support them and letting them know I'd rather have this than some overhyped rehashed game. Now those are the games to get on sale, this one deserves the full price and more for me. If they started a Kickstarter for a sequel today I'd support a Kickstarter for the first time ever even without having played the first game yet. I don't condemn people waiting for a sale, everyone uses their money as they prefer and I also waited for sales on other artsy games (I got Ori on sale). But I agree with the stance that such projects deserve the love and the money.

Kids are excited as I am, can't wait to play!

Shame the vinyl collection is a hundred bucks, as cool as it looks that's out of my price range. Gonna grab the OST regardless.

Top Bottom