• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curbed/Zumper: LA rental map: Monthly median rent comparison for 1BR apartments

sleepnaught

Man, I'd love to live in a big city, but there's absolutely no way I could ever afford these prices. Guess us plebs will never know what it's like to enjoy city life.

Also, on a quick search, for what it's worth, there are a bunch of 1BR apartments around Riverside, CA for around $900-$1000/mo.
On checking, that's 60 miles from LA, but ah well, it's an option at least.

Not worth much... inland empire is a terrible option if you want to commute to LA.

I'm paying $1900 for my 745 sq ft loft in DTLA.. First moved in back in 2014 and was paying $1750 then. Guess that's a steal now. I have way more usable space in here than I ever would in a studio apartment anywhere else in the city, and this is a historical building with concrete walls, so when I'm watching my movies with my 5.1 surround sound I never get complaints.

All in all I think I've got it good.

- Moved to West Hollywood in 2014. Had a studio for $2,200 for 650 sqft.
- Moved to Hollywood in 2015. Had a 2 bed/2 bath for $3,185 for 1,015 sqft. 4 of us live here.
- Bought a condo this month in Hollywood. 2 bed/2 bath for $535,000 which ~$3,675 which includes our HOA at 1,110 soft.

LA is getting crazy.

So happy to have my live/work with my wife for 1450/mo for ~1500sqft. in El Sereno. Was 1200 6 years ago though :/

(plus be able to expense a good portion of it for her art studio)

There is only one solution to this: Build more. Maybe tax those that are being owned by non-residents to further cut down in investment speculators. Even Seattle is doing a better job than LA. Many of Los Angeles is ruled by local neighborhood groups or council that basically has too much power. They are raising a big stink about a recent street improvement that is to the the benefit of everyone in Manhattan Beach and Santa Monica actually had a ballot be aside that would have banned anything that goes higher than two stories especially in downtown Santa Monica. Thabk full it got shut down but it still garnered 45 percent of the vote.

The city of LA and/or county need to start using their eminent domain powers, seriously. Sometimes people really just don't know what a good for them. You have to force them to do it.

Top Bottom