• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cursed Mountain [Wii] New Trailer

VAIL

AceBandage said:
The ice/snow tunnel looks horrible, for some reason, but the rest looks decent.

here is a real ice tunnel, I'd say it looks pretty spot on.

r2kxma.jpg

AppleBlade

This is the Wii's most under-rated upcoming game in my opinion. I mean, it looks way better then the new Silent Hill in my opinion but Silent Hill is getting way more attention. I love horror games so I'll be getting it, maybe even day 1.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
it's going to kill me not to buy this game, but i probably won't have the funds for it, nor the time. maybe a bit after...

jrricky

Banned
MrVargas said:
This is the Wii's most under-rated upcoming game in my opinion. I mean, it looks way better then the new Silent Hill in my opinion but Silent Hill is getting way more attention. I love horror games so I'll be getting it, maybe even day 1.
Did you play the game?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
New box art GET!

jawgpl.jpg

Notably better than the original mess.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
king zell said:
i dont know way but i have a very bad feeling about this game, hope am wrong.

I'm quite the opposite, surprisingly. I initially had very strong reserves about the game, but the more I've seen and read the more I've taken a shining to it. I expect something that's still quite rough around the edges and in need of more work, but plenty enjoyable within its own rights.

big_z

didnt even know this was at e3. hopefully the game gets the coverage it deserves before release. looks fairly original and in terms of horror games this one has me interested...

Metroid

i´m really looking forward to this game. hopefully the german (austrian?) developers get ir ride..

gothic 3, im looking at you :)

Kozak

Banned
G.O.O. said:
Looks nice and smartly designed. I'd like more "why we made this on wii" diaries from developers who make exclusives, though... not only explaining the wiimote controls but also why they couldn't just be mapped on a classic pad.

Its not like they're going to come out and say its because its all they could afford.

G.O.O.

KirmiziBeyaz said:
Its not like they're going to come out and say its because its all they could afford.
I may be a tad optimistic but i kinda like the idea that a developer can choose a less powerful platform with unique abilities for reasons that are not budget-related.

It's not like they have a real choice if they want their game to stand out of the crowd.

GDGF

Soothsayer
AniHawk said:
Is it me or are we seeing a resurgence of "reaching/pointing toward the viewer" boxarts?

I like it. Reminds me of 90's era comic book covers :lol

(yeah, yeah, but I actually liked that era)

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
game is so bought. if nothing else, for the proper sense of player being on climbing trail.

EatChildren

Original setting? Check.

Survival horror? Check.

Mountain climbing? Check.

Scottish accent? Check.

I'm really intrigued with this game, and I'll probably Day 1 it, importing from Europe.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
again, it's going to be rough not buying this game, but unfortunately, i probably won't be able to afford it in light of all the other games i'm buying like Sky Crawlers and Fragile. i can't buy ALL of them...

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
It seems to me that the Wii is giving developers who have made casual or licensed games mostly (aka High Voltage) an opportunity to make a more ambitious title.

Are there any other developers you can think of that are also following this trend?

VerTiGo

Banned
I've been keeping an eye on this and with each new vid or developer interview I get more excited about it. Hotly anticipated looks great.

sphinx said:
Am I crazy or did we have this same exact thread some months ago with the exact same enthusiastic replies?

you were experiencing a high-altitude hallucination. nothing more. :D

this seems pretty cool, but the ghost animations seem way too similar to silent hill nurses. kinda cheap. but the lovecraft feel has me excited.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
nintendo channel has a brand-sparkling-new devs' interview video.

game soars toward the top of my anticipation list.

gabe90

Those new shots look badass. If this ends up getting my money, they have done a fantastic job of turning this non-believer around....pretty much has never happened before.

Top Bottom