• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

I used the layout Kitsunisan had for the Vita template and expounded on it, and made some quick rough covers for games I have that need some new love. I haven't printed or tested them either, so it could be a loss.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection [Vita]
(very obviously inspired by Cannon Goose's MGSHD:LE version)
Classic
JnLLK.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?y5trm2doi9r2km1
Simple
khp9a.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?fzzra9364ygw18h

Mortal Kombat [Vita]
(based on corrosivefrost's)
Classic
WLKEy.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?43ii3td24qsib7m
Simple
Cswg3.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?c9hccrduobalv0n

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 [Vita]
Classic
saqvl.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?ium1ps4j2r18uhf
Simple
ANaxJ.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?b559raeal680nzk

And what you probably want more than my designs, the template:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?133qgcuab56zjjd

Doombear

EDIT: Almost forgot this:
43021-the-kingdom-hearts-collection-full.png

The links to the printables are on the first post here: http://vgboxart.com/view/43021/the-kingdom-hearts-collection-cover/

=( The Link for KH2 is no longer valid. Any chance you have it Mariolee? Or that anyone else was able to grab it. Doubtful I guess, as it seems like it has been down for some time.

EDIT: D'oh! Just realized you made it and weren't just linking to it. Guess I am out of luck then. Sad. Really gorgeous work!

kitsunisan

Neo Member
*nudge*

Also, awesome cover.

I've got it, but I'm not 100% sure if it's accurate. I still haven't gotten around to printing any Vita covers yet. I've got around 100 downloads of the Gravity Rush covers, not one person has said how it fits. Guess that's a good thing, no one is complaining anyway. Just make sure you do a test print first. I've got just about everything split up in different layers, should make it easy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kkkth00b90h66jo

I used the layout Kitsunisan had for the Vita template and expounded on it, and made some quick rough covers for games I have that need some new love. I haven't printed or tested them either, so it could be a loss.

And what you probably want more than my designs, the template:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?133qgcuab56zjjd

Looks good, love Mega Man on the back there. Should probably have a MK logo on the front of the Mortal Kombat covers though.

=( The Link for KH2 is no longer valid. Any chance you have it Mariolee? Or that anyone else was able to grab it. Doubtful I guess, as it seems like it has been down for some time.

EDIT: D'oh! Just realized you made it and weren't just linking to it. Guess I am out of luck then. Sad. Really gorgeous work!

Well, it's not exact, but here's my best attempt at copying. Hopefully Mariolee can re-up the original, I'd love to have it myself.

I'll probably sell it in ebay to pay for printing it, and to pay for dracula x on super nintendo.

Dang! It was worth a try. :) I may still work on that cover for you though, I just don't know if I'll have enough time right now.

For the new page:
TheCongressman1 said:
Also, I need some help guys! I had some problems trying to get some stuff printed today.

At a local print shop I tried to get two covers done, I even told him they were for video game cases so they would be the same size as a dvd case. He said that was fine, but when the guy looked at my files he said "So, did you want this as a poster, or what? These are going to come out about 30 by 40 inches." I of course repeated myself "No, they need to be the size of a dvd cover." He then said it just wasn't the right size...

I made these covers straight from the templates that are on the front page. Did I miss a step and not resize it, is he in the wrong job, or what? I thought they should just be able to print them like that.

HYDE

Banned
Dang! It was worth a try. :) I may still work on that cover for you though, I just don't know if I'll have enough time right now.

That would be awesome, please do. I'd be really grateful.
I just want the same exact look just super high quality and the chrome finish to look like silver and not pink-ish/purple-ish. Also, I hope it will be high resolution for printing quality.

IrishNinja

hey, sorry to misuse this thread & make a basic request, but...I found A Boy & His Blob (wii) at gamestop and was all happy, but there's no cover art here or anywhere i can find online. does anyone have a high-res scan i can print out, or a good custom job? it's a great little game, i just wanna do it justice.

xJavonta

Banned

For the new page:

As far as your printing problem goes it doesn't matter what size they are. That guy is an idiot. If it's a large print you can easily scale it down, you just have to specify the size. I know for a fact it's possible because my clerk at OfficeMax has done it with no problems, just tell them the size of the cover and they'll be able to print at it.

hey, sorry to misuse this thread & make a basic request, but...I found A Boy & His Blob (wii) at gamestop and was all happy, but there's no cover art here or anywhere i can find online. does anyone have a high-res scan i can print out, or a good custom job? it's a great little game, i just wanna do it justice.

If I have some time today I'll crank one out for you. It probably won't look that great since I'm not exactly an artist.

Doombear

Whipped this up, hope ya like it.

Does anyone have the file uploaded somewhere of the ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection example on front page? That one is down. Thank You

Also anyone triad printing at walmart? I think they have places where you can print stuff yourself.

Bearpowers

Neo Member
What would be the best way to make these?

I currently lack a printer but I'm willing to spend a decent chunk of change on a high quality printer if it will benefit making these.

Also any specific ink/paper for best results?

I want the print quality to be equal or greater than the official ones.

Still wonderign this.

Also how do I make sure to get these at the proper dimensions to fit into a case?

Sorry to be uninformed

iLLmAtlc

Where do you live?

I get mine printed at Staples. The results are really good and it only costs 50 cents a printout (Just make sure you sign up and upload it online so you don't get charged 1 dollar "ripping fee" in person).

The paper I use is double sided glossy, 80 lbs text paper (as opposed to cover). 80 lbs is actually a bit on the light side so if it could be a touch thicker it'd probably be perfect. it's already really close to the real covers as-is though.

But yeah if Staples isn't available a professional printing service will do. Just get the double sided glossy paper around 80lb and you will be good to go.

Bearpowers

Neo Member
Where do you live?

I get mine printed at Staples. The results are really good and it only costs 50 cents a printout (Just make sure you sign up and upload it online so you don't get charged 1 dollar "ripping fee" in person).

The paper I use is double sided glossy, 80 lbs text paper (as opposed to cover). 80 lbs is actually a bit on the light side so if it could be a touch thicker it'd probably be perfect. it's already really close to the real covers as-is though.

But yeah if Staples isn't available a professional printing service will do. Just get the double sided glossy paper around 80lb and you will be good to go.

Yeah, I can find a staples.

But how do I make sure I get the exact dimensions for the paper I need so I don't end up with a cover too big or small?

iLLmAtlc

Ah that will be up to the designer of the cover and Staples. As long as they've used a proper template it will print out just fine. Staples' job will be to make sure to check "print to fit" when they print but I'm sure that's selected by default anyway so there's nothing to worry about.

Bearpowers

Neo Member
Ah that will be up to the designer of the cover and Staples. As long as they've used a proper template it will print out just fine. Staples' job will be to make sure to check "print to fit" when they print but I'm sure that's selected by default anyway so there's nothing to worry about.

Thanks man

ProtagonistZero

Neo Member

I don't see the 80 lb. I see the Elite Gloss. Is that what you use?

iLLmAtlc

Nope I just went to double check. Mine is "coated 2 sided gloss 80lb text"

I just googled Elite Gloss. Is that the one from XeroX? I see a version that has the same specifications (namely 80lb and text paper) which should work.

ProtagonistZero

Neo Member
Nope I just went to double check. Mine is "coated 2 sided gloss 80lb text"

I just googled Elite Gloss. Is that the one from XeroX? I see a version that has the same specifications (namely 80lb and text paper) which should work.

I'm on the Staples Printing website, and I'm in the Copy and Print services section. Under Media I don't see coated 2 sided gloss 80lb. I had to select Elite Glossy, and then select 2 sided, which makes it $0.99. So I must be doing something wrong.

iLLmAtlc

Probably. I mean it seems pretty probable to me that the Staples in different countries would use slightly different paper.

Is that the only glossy paper you can see?

Also I don't think you're supposed to check double-sided, if I were to guess. To me that sounds more like they are gonna print your file on two sides instead of the paper being glossy on both sides.

If it's the only glossy paper you can see then there's really no other option I think. The paper they use for the covers is clearly glossy of some sort.

ProtagonistZero

Neo Member
Probably. I mean it seems pretty probable to me that the Staples in different countries would use slightly different paper.

Is that the only glossy paper you can see?

Also I don't think you're supposed to check double-sided, if I were to guess. To me that sounds more like they are gonna print your file on two sides instead of the paper being glossy on both sides.

If it's the only glossy paper you can see then there's really no other option I think. The paper they use for the covers is clearly glossy of some sort.

I'm going to give it a shot. Hopefully it works out. Thanks for the suggestions.

Doombear

No problem Plish =)

Goddamn that guy is amazing! VGBA has a decent amount of printable covers though, they aren't all just mock ups. Holy hell though, I don't even plan on picking up Borderlands 2 but I would if I could put that cover on it. That is just a gorgeous looking cover.

It makes me want to spend months designing new covers for my PS2 collection, with a common theme, make them a true collection. Ugh, so pretty.

xJavonta

Banned
No problem Plish =)

Goddamn that guy is amazing! VGBA has a decent amount of printable covers though, they aren't all just mock ups. Holy hell though, I don't even plan on picking up Borderlands 2 but I would if I could put that cover on it. That is just a gorgeous looking cover.

It makes me want to spend months designing new covers for my PS2 collection, with a common theme, make them a true collection. Ugh, so pretty.

That is gorgeous! I wish he made them printables though, I kind of miss that old, big box look.

CultOfTheVault

Neo Member
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say that the work on this thread is fantastic. Because of all these awesome covers, I have nearly completely replaced the covers for my entire collection. I'm currently sitting on 63 custom covers and they look amazing.

There are still a few (older/less popular) titles that I would love to have converted if anyone wants to take the time.

Here they are:
PS3
- Brutal Legend (The one already uploaded here has the old "Spiderman" PS3 font)
- Jak & Daxter: Collection
- Lair
- Lord of the Rings: Conquest
- Midnight Club: Los Angeles
- The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
- The Orange Box
- Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Trilogy

Xbox
- Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
- Dragon Age 2
- Forza Motorsport 3
- Fracture
- Halo Wars
- Lost Planet
- Prototype
- Singularity
- Tenchu Z
- Tomb Raider: Anniversary
- Too Human

These are the ones sticking out like sore thumbs on an otherwise awesome looking shelf. If anyone of you talented artists can create covers for the above games, I would really appreciate it!

I will upload a picture of my collection soon (I broke my camera last week).

THANKS!

xJavonta

Banned
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say that the work on this thread is fantastic. Because of all these awesome covers, I have nearly completely replaced the covers for my entire collection. I'm currently sitting on 55 custom covers and they look amazing.

There are still a few (older/less popular) titles that I would love to have converted if anyone wants to take the time.

Here they are:
PS3
- Brutal Legend (The one already uploaded here has the old "Spiderman" PS3 font)
- Lair
- Lord of the Rings: Conquest
- Midnight Club: Los Angeles
- The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
- The Orange Box
- Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Trilogy

Xbox
- Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
- Dead Island
- Forza Motorsport 3
- Fracture
- Halo Wars
- Lost Planet
- Prototype
- Rockband 2
- Singularity
- Tenchu Z
- Tomb Raider: Anniversary
- Too Human

These are the ones sticking out like sore thumbs on an otherwise awesome looking shelf. If anyone of you talented artists can create covers for the above games, I would really appreciate it!

I will upload a picture of my collection soon (I broke my camera last week).

THANKS!

I'll probably do these since I don't have nice custom boxes for them either.

noiseman

Neo Member
heyy, i just looked at my mediafire acct and all of my AC covers are "temporarily unavailable"? Anyone know why this is? Its just the AC ones. Is there a limit on how many times a file can be downloaded or something?

gabbo

I figure it's time to ask, is there any chance I could request PCDVD covers for:
American McGee's Alice
Impossible Creatures
The Thing

I know they're old in comparison to most of the stuff in here, but I'm willing to hope.
Also, do the templates work in GIMP? I'd like to fiddle with them, but PS isn't a possibility

HYDE

Banned
Will someone with amazing skills please make me an official looking Metroid Prime Trilogy box art, so that I can get rid of this shitty tin case that disgraces my white Wii game cases.

PLEASE I will love you forever and display your work if you succeed. I have this picture, but it comes out terribly low resolution, etc, etc...

PLEASE make me an official looking one someone awesome (just like this but high resolution).

Metroid-Prime-Trilogy-2010-Ntsc-Front-Cover-47334.jpg

Can someone please give me this same box art but in high resolution for printing?

Anyone??

Toadofsky

Banned
First time post, and long time lurker. I've been wanting to post these for some time. Here's a few I'd like to share with you guys (I'm no photoshop expert, and I'm still learning).

Viewtiful Joe
tumblr_m5npqkIpqm1qdkwymo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_m5npqkIpqm1qdkwymo4_1280.jpg

Star Wars: Rogue Leader
tumblr_m4gcpbNeSL1qdkwymo1_500.jpg

Jet Set Radio
tumblr_m4enkbfnug1qdkwymo1_500.jpg

Mario Power Tennis
tumblr_m3zs60fRrW1qdkwymo1_r1_500.jpg

Kirby's Epic Yarn
tumblr_m3xsy9DeSs1qdkwymo6_r2_500.jpg

Luigi's Mansion
tumblr_m3xsy9DeSs1qdkwymo2_r1_500.jpg

Super Mario Sunshine
tumblr_m3ubybtPHu1qdkwymo1_500.jpg

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
tumblr_m3pfwimqgx1qdkwymo2_r2_500.jpg

Metroid Prime
tumblr_m3ni13ok4f1qdkwymo1_r1_500.jpg

Metroid Prime 2
tumblr_m3ni13ok4f1qdkwymo2_r1_500.jpg

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
tumblr_m3mtlb718D1qdkwymo1_r1_500.jpg

jcm

First time post, and long time lurker. I've been wanting to post these for some time. Here's a few I'd like to share with you guys (I'm no photoshop expert, and I'm still learning).

Viewtiful Joe
Star Wars: Rogue Leader
Jet Set Radio
Mario Power Tennis
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Luigi's Mansion
Super Mario Sunshine
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes

Thats some really interesting stuff, Toadofsky. Some of it works better than others, I think, but it's great to see someone doing really different, original work here. Thanks for sharing it with us.

The movie theater Viewtiful Joe is among my favorites in the thread.

RedSwirl

Metroid Prime
tumblr_m3ni13ok4f1qdkwymo1_r1_500.jpg

If you found a high resolution version of that image on the front I'd like to see it.

Toadofsky

Banned
If you found a high resolution version of that image on the front I'd like to see it.

It took me a while, but here you go!!!

Samus Concept Hi-Def

I haven't done any covers in a LONG time, I think I'll start working on some Super NES ones next. But these are going to be intended for this kind of case...

50_755.jpg

Granted, I could do the same box art design, but I want to continue doing what I have done so far with being "artsy" with these covers...

The movie theater Viewtiful Joe, Mario Tennis, Golf, and Mario Sunshine covers are my personal favorite. Here's some other ones from my Tumblr page (not trying to advertise)

gabbo

It took me a while, but here you go!!!

Samus Concept Hi-Def

I haven't done any covers in a LONG time, I think I'll start working on some Super NES ones next. But these are going to be intended for this kind of case...

50_755.jpg

Granted, I could do the same box art design, but I want to continue doing what I have done so far with being "artsy" with these covers...

The movie theater Viewtiful Joe, Mario Tennis, Golf, and Mario Sunshine covers are my personal favorite. Here's some other ones from my Tumblr page (not trying to advertise)

Do you have any more of them in high res? I'd love to use fw of them as actual covers.

Top Bottom