• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

TCKaos

anyone want to do a DBZ Budokai HD Collection cover

Still working on it, but this is what I've got so far:

budokaihdsmall.png

Might do a few different versions of it, probably one for each saga.

EDIT: Well I guess I can't use that URL for some reason? Time for a new upload, hold on.
EDITEDIT: Aaaaand we're operational.

RedSwirl

Why not? I'm pretty sure I put them in the zip..

I can't manipulate the pngs with the console logos and banners at the top. It's probably better if you just send me the original raw art assets you used like colored logo and Raiden art. For some reason I can find barely any Shinkawa art for Rising.

RedSwirl

360/PC/PS3

metrilogyq7lq4.png

Now I actually don't know if Mass Effect Trilogy is actually available in the form of a single box in any region. I remember seeing a picture of a European PS3 copy that was in a single box but I don't know. Just in case though, here it is.

Okay so these covers are fantastic, but I just want some of my games to match the others on my shelf i.e. have the same black label that all of my ps3 games have. Is there anywhere I can find that simply takes the games original covers and slaps the "new" label that sony made on them?

RedSwirl

Okay so these covers are fantastic, but I just want some of my games to match the others on my shelf i.e. have the same black label that all of my ps3 games have. Is there anywhere I can find that simply takes the games original covers and slaps the "new" label that sony made on them?

That was the original purpose of this whole thing. There are some people who still do it I think. You might want to check The Cover Project.

Someone requested it and I just realized I completely forgot to link to the actual image for my one Journey cover, so I thought I'd re-post that.

Jofamo

I've been sitting on these for a while, while waiting to approved. Looks like I created them in August 2011 (!). If anyones interested in them let me know and I'll upload the files somewhere.

Pikmin_3D_zpsec1fb2cf.png

nights_3D_zpsb3e1fbe8.png

Colours_3D_zps067318e8.png

3bdelilah

Banned
Someone requested it and I just realized I completely forgot to link to the actual image for my one Journey cover, so I thought I'd re-post that.

Very simple yet beautiful cover, I still have to try that game. But isn't Journey only available as a download instead of a disc? Then why make a cover... :p

tsab

Very simple yet beautiful cover, I still have to try that game. But isn't Journey only available as a download instead of a disc? Then why make a cover... :p

There is a compilation for USA with FlOw, Flower and Journey.
Too bad it was not released in PALand. I would buy it even though I have all 3 of them.

tsab

I've been sitting on these for a while, while waiting to approved. Looks like I created them in August 2011 (!). If anyones interested in them let me know and I'll upload the files somewhere.

Pikmin_3D_zpsec1fb2cf.png

The Pikmin one looks amazing. Have you made one for Pikmin2 per chance?
Can you upload them for me? :)

If this is in any way innappropriate let me know and I'll mod my post.

I'm looking to hire someone to do some cover art work for me. I'm hoping to find someone who can do all of this for me so that I'm not dealing with multiple. I'm in absolutely no rush for these so there's no concrete deadline, I'm thinking a few a month until they're finished would be fine. I don't really have a price in mind, we can work that out in a PM. Here are some details if you're interested, I can go in more detail via PM.

PS3 - Okami HD - Replace Japanese with English on spine, can scan Japanese cover if required
PSV - Dokuro - Replace Japanese with English on spine, can scan Japanese cover if required
360 - Bullet Soul - Replace Japanese with English on spine, can scan Japanese cover if required
360 - Eschatos - Replace Japanese with English on spine, can scan Japanese cover if required
360 - Espgaluda II - Replace Japanese with English on spine, can't scan cover - have platinum hits, would like white label
360 - Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets - Replace Japanese with English on spine, can scan Japanese cover if required
360 - Mushihimesama Futari (Bug Princess 2) - Replace Japanese with English on spine, can't scan cover - have platinum hits, would like white label
Wii - Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles - Add missing 'Wii' logo on spine of cover art, can scan cover if required

Doombear

Very nice Hasardeur! I am currently working on my custom Ni No Kuni cover, as well as my ongoing project to recover all of my PS2 library into some kind of... cohesive collection. My own personal Criterion Set =) Should only take forever.

Jofamo

The Pikmin one looks amazing. Have you made one for Pikmin2 per chance?
Can you upload them for me? :)

Thanks! Here's some Pikmin 2 ones I put together, I'll edit this post with download links as soon as they've finished uploading on my Dropbox.
EDIT: They are now clickable. Also included the previous three.

vvise

my first post :) waited a long time to get on here

Firstly, here's an album that includes all of these which I update regularly: http://imgur.com/a/vfvMz#0

Now to show them all individually, some of these might be similar to past ones in the thread:

BlazBlue

Batman AA

Batman AC

NFS The Run

GTA IV

GT5

Fight Night Round 4

Mirror's Edge

LBP

KoF 12

Virtua Fighter 5

Rock Band 2

Rock Band 3

GoW

Valkyria Chronicles

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

Driver SF

Infamous 2

White Knight Chronicles 2

F1shy

Neo Member
I posted this shit half a year ago and no one told me?!

Should be fixed in the original post now.

Hahaha. If it means anything, I joined to tell you, but getting accepted took so long I forgot about it. I checked today and saw I had been accepted, so I came here and told you. Thanks for fixing it!

RedSwirl

Got really excited about the news that this is coming to the US,
so I made a cover art based on the Miyazaki japan bluray covers!
What does everyone think?

Click to download! :)

EDIT: I can make alternate color versions if anyone likes.

All of the official artwork, including the Ni No Kuni PS3 and whatnot, all feature gold, so that's why I chose the color I did.
Dark brown could also work, and blue (but Nausicaä's cover is already that color)

You mind telling me where you got the art for the back?

Iacobellis

The OP is very outdated. Just check when it was last edited. But I think I've seen 1 Vita game here. It might have just been the template.

Sheesh, just noticed that! I managed to find a few Vita covers. I especially like the Gravity Rush one kitsunisan made.

Thanks! Here's some Pikmin 2 ones I put together, I'll edit this post with download links as soon as they've finished uploading on my Dropbox.
EDIT: They are now clickable. Also included the previous three.

I LOVE those Wii Boxarts.

If you do requests, Could you perhaps do Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World?

F1shy

Neo Member
Are there any unwritten rules about requests here? I have a few that I want to make to complete my collection, but I don't want to be rude.

F1shy

Neo Member
Since nobody is saying anything about it, I'll request a couple. Bare in mind that I am requesting XBOX 360 covers for these.

First off, Alan Wake. Beautifully dark game, and I'm rather surprised to see no covers for it. Maybe something that incorporates this:
http://www.wallsfeed.com/wallpapers/2012/12/Alan-Wake-HD-1800x2880.jpg
This is the title, so if you want to put one, you can. It's pretty simple, graphically, and I'm sure it would be easy to recreate:
http://professionalgaminglife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Alan-Wake1.jpg
EDIT: Also found this for Alan Wake:
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3244/alanwake.jpg

Okay. Next, DmC, the new Devil May Cry game. I saw one on one of these pages, but it was Playstation 3 only. For that, I'm thinking something like this:
http://wallpapershi.net/wp-content/...oat-smirk-smile-guns-pistols-t-shirt-game.jpg
With a title somewhere on it:
http://webguyunlimited.com/pixelperfectgaming/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/dmctitle.jpg

And I shall request one more since requesting too many would make me feel like a bit of a leech.
Black Ops 2. There a ton of high def stuff for Black Ops 2, so I probably won't have to link you to any, but I am actually really surprised nobody has done one for it yet.

RedSwirl

Since nobody is saying anything about it, I'll request a couple. Bare in mind that I am requesting XBOX 360 covers for these.

First off, Alan Wake. Beautifully dark game, and I'm rather surprised to see no covers for it. Maybe something that incorporates this:
http://www.wallsfeed.com/wallpapers/2012/12/Alan-Wake-HD-1800x2880.jpg
This is the title, so if you want to put one, you can. It's pretty simple, graphically, and I'm sure it would be easy to recreate:
http://professionalgaminglife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Alan-Wake1.jpg
EDIT: Also found this for Alan Wake:
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3244/alanwake.jpg

Okay. Next, DmC, the new Devil May Cry game. I saw one on one of these pages, but it was Playstation 3 only. For that, I'm thinking something like this:
http://wallpapershi.net/wp-content/...oat-smirk-smile-guns-pistols-t-shirt-game.jpg
With a title somewhere on it:
http://webguyunlimited.com/pixelperfectgaming/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/dmctitle.jpg

And I shall request one more since requesting too many would make me feel like a bit of a leech.
Black Ops 2. There a ton of high def stuff for Black Ops 2, so I probably won't have to link you to any, but I am actually really surprised nobody has done one for it yet.

Two of those links -- the first ones you put up for Alan Wake and DmC, don't work.

Here's one I did a while ago for AW though. Really just a cleaned-up version of the official art.

Toadofsky

Banned
This is some fantastic work coming out lately, it's getting me inspired to do some more of them. Give me some time and I'll try to come up with some more again.

TheFalconPunch

Neo Member
my first post :) waited a long time to get on here

Firstly, here's an album that includes all of these which I update regularly: http://imgur.com/a/vfvMz#0

Now to show them all individually, some of these might be similar to past ones in the thread:
Rock Band 2

Rock Band 3

Thank you so much! These are gorgeous and I've been scouring the internet for Rock Band 2 and 3 covers! You're my hero!

Also, this is my first post but I want to say that I work at Gamestop and I share this forum to anyone I can because you all do a fantastic job. I've printed out a number of your covers at the FedEx store next store.

I wish there was some way to get them printed on steelbook cases because that would be too amazing.

Doombear

First off, this is not final and I have to say that the image isn't as high quality as I wish it was (the actual shot I used that is, not this 'thumbnail'). Just looking for opinions. How does everyone feel about the logo placement on the front, would you rather see it centered? Smaller?

I have a few different versions I am working on all at once, but pulling clean logos has slowed me down a bit.

Once I have a set, I will update this and post the rest.

I will say, I think this scene more than most others out there I have found really sums up this game well. An pretty amazing adventure is just starting...

AJDxB

Neo Member
First off, this is not final and I have to say that the image isn't as high quality as I wish it was (the actual shot I used that is, not this 'thumbnail'). Just looking for opinions. How does everyone feel about the logo placement on the front, would you rather see it centered? Smaller?

I have a few different versions I am working on all at once, but pulling clean logos has slowed me down a bit.

Once I have a set, I will update this and post the rest.

I will say, I think this scene more than most others out there I have found really sums up this game well. An pretty amazing adventure is just starting...

Amazing :O

Top Bottom