• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cut cable for PlayStation Vue, very pleased

IvanJ

Banned
Sometimes when I read threads like this, I can't fathom how tough and exoensive it is to watch TV in the US. Those figures in the OT ($180, $99, even $50 for Vue) baffle me, because I always envisioned the US as the most TV-centric country (production-wise, as well as the sheer number of channels).

Puts into perspective my constant complaining about my service, which I pay €40 a month - for a 50Mbps unlimited internet, unlimited phone calls and about 120 TV channels. Maybe I should not complain anymore.

Anyway, OT, I am glad you are getting your money's worth. PlayStation is really trying to strengthen their brand in the US, it seems.

Mortemis

Banned
This sounds great, didn't know much about vue but it sounds like a great deal.

But of course it's not available in my area, so won't bother with it.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Great news for Vue users (ESPN). Not available in Seattle so I can't try it out. Seems interesting though.

Although right now I $80/month for my "TV/Internet" hook up (Amazon, Hulu, Netflix, Internet service). So not sure what Vue would add for me that I do not already get.

Sometimes when I read threads like this, I can't fathom how tough and exoensive it is to watch TV in the US. Those figures in the OT ($180, $99, even $50 for Vue) baffle me, because I always envisioned the US as the most TV-centric country (production-wise, as well as the sheer number of channels).

Puts into perspective my constant complaining about my service, which I pay €40 a month - for a 50Mbps unlimited internet, unlimited phone calls and about 120 TV channels. Maybe I should not complain anymore.

Anyway, OT, I am glad you are getting your money's worth. PlayStation is really trying to strengthen their brand in the US, it seems.

Very true, those prices are just bonkers.

I currently pay £63 a month for 200Mbps unlimited, 230+ channels including BT/ESPN/Sky Sports and weekend calls.

I believe it's similar when it comes to US prices for mobiles too.

I love threads like this. Always, there's a thread that requests something at the cusp of announcement. It's like the universe is connecting, like how you have a song in your head and you flip the radio station, and that song starts playing.

(That or they send their shills and see public response before announcing it lol).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I love threads like this. Always, there's a thread that requests something at the cusp of announcement. It's like the universe is connecting, like how you have a song in your head and you flip the radio station, and that song starts playing.

(That or they send their shills and see public response before announcing it lol).

You calling me a shill?! :p

If they just gave us ESPN/ABC, that would be awesome. To drop the price $10 out of nowhere is unheard of, really.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Signed up for a trial to see what it was like, I try to sign on my Playstation 3 and it spits out some error, telling me to call them up. No solutions found online. Try to use the Ipad app, says I have to create a profile on a console first.

Nah. No thanks. Thanks for the trial.

Top Bottom