• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cxllege Fxxtball 2016 Week Thirteen: Whx gets the best lxss?

cdyhybrid

I don't really follow recruiting but a glance at Bama's commits has me confused. Only 1 DT, despite being maybe the thinnest position on the roster and losing at minimum half the current 2-deep at the end of the season?

Bama's switching to a 7-DB defense next season.

Ryuuroden

Baron Browning commits to Ohio State..

giphy_s.gif

It was The Game that swung him. rivalry game wins yum.

I can only be so erect.

Wait I just said that about some college dudes........fuck it lets go!
With Baron in the boat.. hopefully this will lead to Wilson jumping in the boat next..

It was The Game that swung him. rivalry game wins yum.
That and I'm assuming the crowded class with Bama at LB..

It's also possible that we get Jay Tufele too.. that might lead to us losing Jerron Cage though

But imagine Wilson, Tufele, with Landers already..

We would be sitting pretty..

God Dammit Charlie. All you had to was win 8.

Probably LSU or Texas imo.
Possibly..

That's what it's looking like for now.. he's not committing till Signing Day reportedly so we have some time to wait.

But Okudan and Browning double teaming him certainly helps in trying to get him to Columbus

cashman

Banned
Possibly..

That's what it's looking like for now.. he's not committing till Signing Day reportedly so we have some time to wait.

But Okudan and Browning double teaming him certainly helps in trying to get him to Columbus

I'm not sure if all that is much of a factor, but Texas is a big state lol, Houston players like Little and Chaisson would probably have an equal or greater amount of influence in getting him to choose Texas if they get those guys especially Little since they're high school teammates. THe Houston factor helps too due to Herman.

I'm not sure if all that is much of a factor, but Texas is a big state lol, Houston players like Little and Chaisson would probably have an equal or greater amount of influence in getting him to choose Texas if they get those guys especially Little since they're high school teammates. THe Houston factor helps too due to Herman.
That is true as well..

If I had to guess with the limited knowledge that I have.. it's looking like
Texas
LSU
Ohio State nipping at at the moment..or about even with LSU

Worst case if we don't sign Wilson.. we still have Cage and possibly Tufele respectively..

Even If we didn't end up with Wilson.. I don't think any person could be disappointed with how the class is looking.. even now after adding Baron

That is true as well..

If I had to guess with the limited knowledge that I have.. it's looking like
Texas
LSU
Ohio State nipping at at the moment..or about even with LSU

Worst case if we don't sign Wilson.. we still have Cage and possibly Tufele respectively..

Even If we didn't end up with Wilson.. I don't think any person could be disappointed with how the class is looking.. even now after adding Baron

lol you guys have like 10 5 star players, Would there actually be fans upset because you didn't get that 11th 5 star player?

lol you guys have like 10 5 star players, Would there actually be fans upset because you didn't get that 11th 5 star player?
Upset.. no because it's still an excellent class if we were to strike out on every other recruit.

Sad because we didn't land a particular recruit.. sure.

And next year is already looking to be as special and possibly more so in terms of recruiting.

$9.95 says some Wazzu boosters feel that Leach is looking to move on. Also that his people contacted both Baylor and Houston.
That seems strange to go to
A shit job now in Baylor and to a group of 5 school in Houston.

That seems like it's going backwards in my opinion

cdyhybrid

Upset.. no because it's still an excellent class if we were to strike out on every other recruit.

Sad because we didn't land a particular recruit.. sure.

And next year is already looking to be as special and possibly more so in terms of recruiting.

That seems strange to go to
A shit job now in Baylor and to a group of 5 school in Houston.

That seems like it's going backwards in my opinion
Both have higher ceilings than Wazzu.

Go Ohio! I know they don't likely have a chance at all, and I'll be happy for Western Michigan if they win (and will root for them in the Cotton Bowl, which they should absolutely make if they win today), but I still hope Ohio somehow pulls it out.

Holy shit, how many football players will opt out of visiting the White House after winning the natty during Trump's term?

He may never even meet a RB or a DB during his 4 years.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Nebraska looks poised to hire Top 10 recruiter and DB coach Donte Williams from Arizona to replace its fired special teams coordinator.

andycapps

I want to say they aren't representative of the fan bade but sadly thats a lie
Yeah obviously not the entire fanbase. But there's definitely a sizable segment that hears the average Bama fan on there and agrees with what they say.

Darryl from Georgia or whatever his name is is an idiot btw. I think all the people that have created a character for the show are faking it to some extent. If not fully.

cdyhybrid

Yeah obviously not the entire fanbase. But there's definitely a sizable segment that hears the average Bama fan on there and agrees with what they say.

Darryl from Georgia or whatever his name is is an idiot btw. I think all the people that have created a character for the show are faking it to some extent. If not fully.
Plus Finebaum encourages it.

I disagree..

He would be starting below zero if he decided to go to Baylor.. what recruit will decide to transfer to get their heads kicked in every week. No amount of extra play time is worth the stigma and getting your ass kicked for the 3-4 years it will take to reboot the program at least.

cdyhybrid

I disagree..

He would be starting below zero if he decided to go to Baylor.. what recruit will decide to transfer to get their heads kicked in every week. No amount of extra play time is worth the stigma and getting your ass kicked for the 3-4 years it will take to reboot the program at least.
Immediate playing time, a proven coach/system, fertile recruiting grounds for guys that want to stay home. He'd be fine after a year or two.

andycapps

Plus Finebaum encourages it.

Definitely.

I'm an Alabama fan who thinks Finebaum can go to hell.

(I'm obviously not representative of the fan base 🙄)

I know you're not representative of the fanbase.
I disagree..

Baylor currently has 1 prospect committed for 2017. Regardless of who they get, the bad publicity they've been getting has acted as it's own sort of sanctions for several years.

All the assistant coaches that they've retained haven't been recruiting at all this whole time. So yeah, it's a dire situation for whoever goes there.

Immediate playing time, a proven coach/system, fertile recruiting grounds for guys that want to stay home. He'd be fine after a year or two.
If Mike were to do this.. I think it would take 3 or 4 minimum.. and that's if Mike doesn't fuck it up.. which is a possibility.

Baylor currently has 1 prospect committed for 2017. Regardless of who they get, the bad publicity they've been getting has acted as it's own sort of sanctions for several years.

All the assistant coaches that they've retained haven't been recruiting at all this whole time. So yeah, it's a dire situation for whoever goes there.
I agree. CDY thinks Mike can flip Baylor in a flash when it's just not the case. People are underestimating just how fucked Baylor's reputation especially in recruiting. It helped Ohio State land Okudah and Browning because of it.

Baylor is not Penn State.. people have to remember that.

@AaronJFentress
He said that on Russilo and Kanell too..

Helfrich is a good guy..

cdyhybrid

If Mike were to do this.. I think it would take 3 or 4 minimum.. and that's if Mike doesn't fuck it up.. which is a possibility.

I agree. CDY thinks Mike can flip Baylor in a flash when it's just not the case. People are underestimating just how fucked Baylor's reputation especially in recruiting. It helped Ohio State land Okudah and Browning because of it.

Baylor is not Penn State.. people have to remember that.

He said that on Russilo and Kanell too..

Helfrich is a good guy..
It's fucked because the coaches aren't trying. Leach would be trying.

Not saying they'd be winning 10 games every year, but they aren't going to be post-death-penalty SMU.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I think that Leach news is nothing but an agent being an agent.

He has basically nothing at all that Baylor is looking for outside of offensive scheme and a tie to the state of Texas. He's politically incorrect, was fired from a previous job for reasons involving player abuse, has a history of conflict with his administration, has never given much of a damn about recruiting, and has a Briles tie in that he gave Art his first collegiate coaching job.

andycapps

I think Leach could turn things around but this year is screwed for whoever they get. And that damage will manifest itself down the line when those guys that would have been seniors just aren't there.

That said, I think Leach would be a good hire for them as far as scheme goes.

It's fucked because the coaches aren't trying. Leach would be trying.

Not saying they'd be winning 10 games every year, but they aren't going to be post-death-penalty SMU.
I'm not saying that either.. if he were to come over.. now basically.. he's going to have a hard road to hoe with signing day coming up soon.

It's not going to be easy.. it will take 3-4 years at least..

Top Bottom