• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 trailer coming out [Thursday]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentenza

If this game has a female main character (and it looks somewhat close to what they've shown) my interest will grow 9001%.

I think the game is supposed to have character creation, so the main character is going to be whatever the player wants.
maybe she's an important NPC, but that's another story.

What other locations do you think they will choose?
The game should be entirely set into Night City, from what they told us so far.

i-Lo

Pardon my ignorance but what are you alluding to when saying C3 ?

Crysis 3. Sorry I didn't reply earlier because I was away. The thread now possesses quite a few screens.

See, this is what I hate about East Euro devs. I mean, she's clearly looking at a fairly bright light yet her pupil is so dilated she might as well be in a dark room, this is basic attention to detail that East Euro devs constantly miss. I don't know if it's just due to laziness, incompetence or lack of budget but unless I see her taking some mydriatics in the trailer, I'll continue to watch these games from the sidelines.

I know what you mean but it's a detail most devs miss. There is only one eye ball texture. Perhaps in time, they'll add a dilating and constriction animation based on lighting. I guess one way to rationalize what we see is perhaps through a camera whose aperture is open pretty wide to give the illusion that the environment is very well lit ;P

Sheeeeiiiiiitttt

Those are in-game graphics?

Original pic is 5120x2172, so yeah definitely not.

630084_full.jpg

Perkel

Banned
Those eyes cant be in engine imo. But who knows right? I cant wait for the trailer.

This is running on my 2010 PC with 150FPS+ and most of power goes to IQ and super high poly model. By 2015 we should be able to have something like this in normal gameplay (probably little worse IQ)

ibp8Y1ByllooqE.png

iIb60XNbApsik.png

iLjUUhpgKZMwo.png

ibdGa6YKa0y4IB.png

i-Lo

Perkel, those shots show that what makes things more believable are first and foremost lighting, and secondly, skin imperfection and thirdly, varying amounts of asymmetry.

Really? That's great!

I hope the creation part would be as robust as Eve online's (or at least very close to it).

Probably CG going by CD Projekt's history with their games. However, it should be possible to achieve this kind of details in real time in 2015 on modern hardware.

Beyond works wonderfully as a comparison, because the game is only really lacking AI, but comes pretty close otherwise. 2015 hardware should be able to pull off Beyond's graphics in real time and full resolution in sandbox environments (if you use streaming and LODs right).

derFeef

It's not the face/skin/lighting/polycount. Just the eyes, show me the eyes in detail and it's a given if it's CG or realtime. CG goes the extra mile and make it looks good, realtime mostly always makes the eyes kinda "disconnected" from the eyesockets. At least by now.

Perkel

Banned
Probably CG going by CD Projekt's history with their games. However, it should be possible to achieve this kind of details in real time in 2015 on modern hardware.

Beyond works wonderfully as a comparison, because the game is only really lacking AI, but comes pretty close otherwise. 2015 hardware should be able to pull off Beyond's graphics in real time and full resolution in sandbox environments (if you use streaming and LODs right).

They never released any CGI for their games.

It's not the face/skin/lighting/polycount. Just the eyes, show me the eyes in detail and it's a given if it's CG or realtime. CG goes the extra mile and make it looks good, realtime mostly always makes the eyes kinda "disconnected" from the eyesockets. At least by now.
Of course it has also something to do with raw power, but most of the time devs are probably just too lazy to implement a dynamic system for the eye rendering and control that works in real time applications. So they stick to CGI.
With better tricks, techniques and actual investment in eye rendering this could probably be achieved right now. Just look at how much eye rendering improved over the years. It's mostly because of better understanding and investment in it.

Of course something like a really good water simulation needs better hardware though.

Persona86

Banned
This is running on my 2010 PC with 150FPS+ and most of power goes to IQ and super high poly model. By 2015 we should be able to have something like this in normal gameplay (probably little worse IQ)

That's great and all, but a video game has a million things running in the background, multiple objects, people, it has to process animations, music, sound effect, special effects etc etc

Bear

They never released any CGI for their games.

Here's a more recent one, I don't think it was originally in TW2 but it's in the intro for the Enhanced Edition. In general, their CG is pretty representative of the in-game visuals, aside from the obvious improvements to detail and IQ.

The picture might be real time, it's not likely but I don't think it's unfeasible. I'd be very surprised if that level of detail was present in-game, however.

charsace

The character model used looks like an in game model. The effects used on it won't be in the game at the same fidelity.

i-Lo

Khm, khm small hint: See soft shadows her hair casts on the right side of her face.

When everyone started posting some face pics i might post some as well. Too bad no one ever reads UDK thread. :d

Video

More pics here

attachment.php

Why didn't we games with this kind of fidelity in-game on PC given it's based on UE3.X?

Also, I think DX11 bokeh as featured in UE4 actually resembles what the pictures show here (no edge blur as seen in the real time video in the link you posted).

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
We're doing the real time face/eyes/hair tech demo thing now? Well, okay. Just snapped these two
at a gloriously shitty framerate

d1fzar0.png

d2qrlul.png

boskee

I'm hoping for gameplay, not interested in CGI at all.

You won't get gameplay. Cyberpunk 2077 is still pretty much in the conceptual stage. In-game cutscene is the most they can show us 6 months after starting the project, but my money is on CGI by Platige Image.

Perkel

Banned
Uh. Yes they have. Pretty awesome CGI for both Witchers actually.

W1 had good CGI for its time, W2 used that awesome iced ship for EE promotion.

Exept those were intro CGIs for their games and TW2 CGI animation was created almost a year after release for X360 release.

Rise of White wolf was never released but they released CGI. Still it was port of TW1

First The Witcher trailer

First The Witcher 2 trailer

Both are ingame.

If they will use CGI for their trailer it will be first time when they don't show how actual game looks with first trailer. So stop spreading bullshit how they always release CGI to show how their games looks because it is clearly bs.

USIGSJ

Why didn't we games with this kind of fidelity in-game on PC given it's based on UE3.X?

Also, I think DX11 bokeh as featured in UE4 actually resembles what the pictures show here (no edge blur as seen in the real time video in the link you posted).

Needed better hardware of course, so expect to see some next gen.
As for the bokeh part, they might have some some performance optimizations, but it's the pretty much the same stuff.

I'm sure the videos are nice, but I couldn't get past this part:

His armor is still WIP, you can see shapes aren't clean enough because of the sculpt, but don't expect normal maps to go away anytime soon.

boskee

Rise of White wolf was never released but they released CGI. Still it was port of TW1

Wrong. RotWW was an adaptation, not a port. It looked completely different than TW1 and it was first teased with a CGI. The fact it was cancelled means nothing.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
We're doing the real time face/eyes/hair tech demo thing now? Well, okay. Just snapped these two
at a gloriously shitty framerate

d1fzar0.png

d2qrlul.png

people expecting that sort of quality faces in games in a few years are setting up for dissapointment when ur going shit framerate with just that on the screen then imagine that in a real game world with more than one npc with that high quality, yeah its not gonna happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom