• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk gold copies in the wild, PS4 gameplay leaks

IDappa

"Should wait." Right, you're just missing the point. "Should wait, and this is why." You're missing the last part, which is an opinion. Play it however you like. Multiple users said that? Don't you mean "everyone" as you said before? Again, that happens all the time. 3,5, 8 people you can easily get going in one direction on a subject, then "poll" another 100 and it goes the other way completely.

And you bringing up the 3080 scenario proves my point that you never understood me, either at my fault or yours.
You are telling everyone that they shouldn't play it on hardware they own, if you don't see how you're coming off as a arse then idk what to tell you other than pull your head out..

You keep saying I don't get your point and yet I've read your posts and can clearly see what you have said. You are flip flopping or you don't even understand what you are trying to tell people. Anyway I'm over it, this isn't going anywhere and you are are set in your own world so there's no point in talking. Till next time..

Romulus

You are telling everyone that they shouldn't play it on hardware they own, if you don't see how you're coming off as a arse then idk what to tell you other than pull your head out..

You keep saying I don't get your point and yet I've read your posts and can clearly see what you have said. You are flip flopping or you don't even understand what you are trying to tell people. Anyway I'm over it, this isn't going anywhere and you are are set in your own world so there's no point in talking. Till next time..

Are you really over it this time? You said you were done before.

I like how you mention above that I keep saying the same thing, but yet I'm flip flopping in the very sentence? You don't even know your point anymore and you'll be back again even after you say you're done. And yeah, I can definitely understand now why you're confused with my original point.

You've done nothing but name calling and not made a single point.

Last edited:

Ryu Kaiba

what does it means 'Native'? people are crazy, making shit up about this game. developers already said that the game is getting Day 1 Soft patch on next-gen console(4k?60fps?). Sony requested that all games from July forward must work in BC, so it will work on PS5 BC too.
feck this negativity.
PS5 is getting its own 'light version' day 1 patch. It won't be running BC/Boost mode anyway.
The devs have stated that the game will have better graphics on next gen day 1, with a true next gen patch coming next year.

When you take a look at the recently released One X and Series X gameplay, you can already see that dynamic character shadows are higher quality on Series X.

My guess is that they just increase settings a bit, maybe at 4K native at 30fps on the next gen consoles, I doubt that it will have a 60fps mode.

cough cough As I was saying...

It's just the trash last-gen version.

Ryu Kaiba

The patch will be available day one though we're not sure what exactly is in it. Speculation has been 4k assets, 60fps or higher base resolution.

The free upgrade will probably be 18 months out or more based on the fact they will have to bugfix and patch CP2077 and continue working on the multiplayer standalone as well, and deliver the Witcher III free upgrade.
It'll run much better on next gen systems, I think the next gen patch is really optimising the game so they can crank the settings up much higher, but they surely will tweak a few things even on release day for PS5 and series X, I'm expecting textures, lod and draw distance to be on par with PC, but no ray tracing or ultra setting stuff until the patch next year.

I don't think they are stupid enough to just have the ps5 version be a smoother PS4 game, folks will be shouting "downgrade" for months due to all the PC footage and pre-rendered stuff they've been flaunting.

Miles708

Couldn’t they release a patch day 1 that adds more people on the streets?
The game is already in crunchy development hell as it is, it's safe to not expect anything other than bug fixes for at least a couple of weeks.

It'll be at least 8 months before a next gen patch, I suspect.

cormack12

Gold Member

Yeah i saw that - if it's changed fair enough, but I still think the original case is likely to be true (even if it's just a fidelity/performance toggle) given the precedent of how well CDPR support their games. It might not even be a patch, it might be shipped with the enhancements in the box now given the extra time - we won't know until DF/NX get their hands on it. I'd expect better cbr as a minimum for example - which was a patch for the Pro with Witcher as an example.

It makes no difference to me ultimately. Have it pre-ordered so if I play on BC only then I'm still playing it 🤷‍♂️

Here's what they said in june:
On the subject of Cyberpunk 2077 being playable on PS5 and Xbox Series X, the company said that the current-gen game will be playable on those consoles at launch with a next-gen patch that adds some improvements based on the horsepower of those consoles. "It will look better on next-generation consoles," the company said. However, a "more robust update" will come later.
Tell us where in the earnings call you refer to it says they've cancelled the day one next gen patch.

I'll grab the game when the next-gen patch comes out. I hope everyone enjoys it in a few days because I'm going dark with it until I get my hands on it, which will be difficult with all the spoilers around the internet and when it launches.

Gediminas

Banned
cough cough As I was saying...

It's just the trash last-gen version.
I said what Developer said. So it was valid. So there is no winning point. Just gamers loose.

Azurro

Banned
Hmm. So you can have different “types” of penis? His says “penis 2”.

So maybe circumcised and uncircumcised and such

I’ll be realistic to myself.

shaved and small

Maybe you can customize how many penises your character has. Maybe you can get 4 long ones and fly around the environment like Tails. :)

All I want to know is if it runs at 60fps on the PS5?

If it does then I will buy it now instead of waiting for the next gen update to release.
Agreed on this point. They had unlocked framerate modes on Witcher 3. There should be more than enough performance overhead on the new consoles to run the BC versions at 60. Really hoping they take the time to add that option.

I mean it's just an unlocked framerate mode.. I'm not a developer, but that honestly can't be that hard to add right? I mean it's literally a toggleable option on most PC games. just.. give us that option on the console version.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I tried shaving the other day and it itches so fucking much.
OT, I got to pracise this with some skin disease which a have and shaving is no, either trim or if you are going clean, than this is the way:
008068_010319.jpg

Just wanted to help brother in need.

Inviusx

The thought of an uncapped mode on PS5 sparks a slight bit of interest in myself getting the old gen version but if the day one patch caps it I'm out. Also I dont trust the general public to know the difference between 30 and 60. Its probably like 42 or something.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Hopefully I can at least run it at 30 fps on an fx6300. I should have no problem unless the pc port is WAY more demanding from a CPU standpoint.

THEAP99

Banned
So how hard is it for all these fucking people with an early copy to confirm if it runs 60 on PS5 and series X in performance mode?

waquzy

So how hard is it for all these fucking people with an early copy to confirm if it runs 60 on PS5 and series X in performance mode?

Tell me about it. Apparently the Series X has the toggle for perf/quality mode whereas the PS5 does not(info from reddit), the guy only had the HDR option available on PS5, that's a bit concerning...

THEAP99

Banned
Tell me about it. Apparently the Series X has the toggle for perf/quality mode whereas the PS5 does not(info from reddit), the guy only had the HDR option available on PS5, that's a bit concerning...
The ps5 is plenty capable of doing 60fps for this game. I wonder if series s has the toggle. What we are seeing here is the MICROSOFT marketing interfering with the game

Top Bottom