• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk gold copies in the wild, PS4 gameplay leaks

The Fartist

Gold Member
Which is preciously why I can't begin to imagine why anyone would want to play his on 2013 consoles, unless its absolutely the only option.

It's like getting the Witcher 3 Switch version, but confined to docked mode when there's a ps4, Xb1, and PC version available.

It sounds like it could be a masterpiece, but lets just hurry up to play it on the lowest level possible shit hardware.
It sounds like you're arguing with yourself.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
for many people on this forum that all seem to not matter if the graphics are not 100% fucking out of this world amazing..

In a world of 3080/3090s, PS5s and XSXs, people will have higher graphical expectations and then hope the game itself is good. It’s a cover we see that draws us to the book, not the other way around even if that shouldn’t be the case.

I think, though, that I can live with less visually if the game lives up to its promises and vision.

mr.dilya

Banned
Which is preciously why I can't begin to imagine why anyone would want to play his on 2013 consoles, unless its absolutely the only option.

It's like getting the Witcher 3 Switch version, but confined to docked mode when there's a ps4, Xb1, and PC version available.

It sounds like it could be a masterpiece, but lets just hurry up to play it on the lowest level possible shit hardware.

You dudes really need to chill with this elitist snob talk. Some people don't have the money to invest in new consoles or new PC hardware. Others do, but simply don't have the time to hunt down non-existent inventory, or camp outside of stores and harass the managers for an electronic toy that isn't a necessity (this is me.) Some people have other priorities that rank higher on their list than gaming, but would still like to play the game when it releases. There are multiple reasons why someone would want to play this on a "2013 console."

I swear man, I'm a mainly PC gamer these days but a lot of you guys are assholes, and I can tell you don't have friends in real life. And if you do, they probably don't really like you.

Romulus

You dudes really need to chill with this elitist snob talk. Some people don't have the money to invest in new consoles or new PC hardware. Others do, but simply don't have the time to hunt down non-existent inventory, or camp outside of stores and harass the managers for an electronic toy that isn't a necessity (this is me.) Some people have other priorities that rank higher on their list than gaming, but would still like to play the game when it releases. There are multiple reasons why someone would want to play this on a "2013 console."

I swear man, I'm a mainly PC gamer these days but a lot of you guys are assholes, and I can tell you don't have friends in real life. And if you do, they probably don't really like you.

Lol that's not even my point. I'll be on a 2070S, not even remotely close to the top of the line. You cant even figure out my post but yet you have me figured as a person lol

Maddux4164

But that’s exactly why they’ll get it on base consoles. That’s all they have. They don’t want to spend hundreds or thousands to play one game on a newer console or PC.

Maddux4164

And, that's completely fine. I'm not talking about those people.
Unless it’s their only option, they likely won’t. One caveat would be, if their computer is mid tier, better than base consoles but they’d prefer to play on a big 65” tv in the living room as opposed to in their computer room. Lugging the big desktop and wires and such isn’t something they care to do.

I’m similar. I’m perplexed as to which version to get.

I can’t find a PS5... so that’s out the question

My computer is i5-4670k/GTX 1070/16gb ram/SSD

So it’d run circles on my PS4... but part of me is thinking on it anyhow truthfully.

Romulus

Unless it’s their only option, they likely won’t. One caveat would be, if their computer is mid tier, better than base consoles but they’d prefer to play on a big 65” tv in the living room as opposed to in their computer room. Lugging the big desktop and wires and such isn’t something they care to do.

So it’d run circles on my PS4... but part of me is thinking on it anyhow truthfully.

But my argument is, you're already getting a ps5 right? In 3-4 months they'll be far easier to find, AND you''ll be playing a far superior version on that nice TV and likely a next gen patch that includes even better visuals and bug fixes. But by all means, play the inferior, more bug ridden version now.

Maddux4164

But my argument is, you're already getting a ps5 right? In 3-4 months they'll be far easier to find, AND you''ll be playing a far superior version on that nice TV and likely a next gen patch that includes even better visuals and bug fixes. But by all means, play the inferior, more bug ridden version now.
So you’re saying buy the PS4 version?

GhostOfTsu

Banned

The game looks fine. Millions of people are playing graphics intensive games like Ghost of Tsushima, RDR2, Days Gone, TLOU2, God of War and GTAV on PS4 right now, every day.

They are having fun while you worry about pointless shit. Just play on your PC then. Bye.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
This just keeps getting worse when it was already bad to begin with

Which is odd because i'm not arguing at all.
Lol that's not even my point. I'll be on a 2070S, not even remotely close to the top of the line. You cant even figure out my post but yet you have me figured as a person lol
And, that's completely fine. I'm not talking about those people.

tumblr_m0s8e9mzie1rra2cmo1_400.gif

scalman

So where are those leakers? Drunk? Got banned? I would just made tons in game screenshots that dont spoil anything and share. Why allways those weird ppl getting some early copies...?

gamerMan

It looks great but is anybody else disappointed with the dated animation. Everybody moves like a cyborg. The lip sync looks especially bad. The driving scene gave me a Mad Max aesthetic. Hopefully, this was an early copy and the animation improves considerably in the final product.

The Fartist

Gold Member
It looks great but is anybody else disappointed with the dated animation. Everybody moves like a cyborg. The lip sync looks especially bad. The driving scene gave me a Mad Max aesthetic. Hopefully, this was an early copy and the animation improves considerably in the final product.
Honestly, if it looks/plays anything close to the E3 2018 gameplay reveal, I'll be like:

iu

I've watched nothing CP2077 related after that 2018 trailer.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned

How can it be an early copy when that copy was at a store? It's the final version. The game can't afford mocap for every single character in the game. It's already way over budget as it is.

EDMIX

I expected this shit to be buggy but this downright isn't fit for release in the state shown.

What is even scarier is that at one point, they had no issue putting it out like this. The fact that they printed the disk with the game in this state speaks volumes. I only really expect it to be slightly better then what we are seeing tbh.

VFXVeteran VFXVeteran Agreed. The game went gold, they printed disk. Clearly at some point, they had INTENT to release it like this.

Last edited:

I don't get this. Is it affecting you if someone else plays it on older hardware? Is it? You can play it however you want, I'm not going to say anything. People enjoy things differently. People will still get enjoyment out of this game on older hardware. Let them enjoy it and you enjoy the way you play. Everyone is happy.

Maddux4164

Skyrim is still (almost a decade later) one of the biggest janky and buggy games there is. Yet... to this day I can boot it up, start a new campaign for the 168162th time and have an absolute BLAST.

I’m not worried about pop in and frame rate. It’s an absolute blast to this day. If cyberpunk is the 360 version Skyrim, then it’ll be amazing in every way.

ruvikx

Banned
Skyrim is still (almost a decade later) one of the biggest janky and buggy games there is. Yet... to this day I can boot it up, start a new campaign for the 168162th time and have an absolute BLAST.

I’m not worried about pop in and frame rate. It’s an absolute blast to this day. If cyberpunk is the 360 version Skyrim, then it’ll be amazing in every way.

Skyrim is awesome due to its scope & the sense of adventure (cliché, but it's true). Whilst I feel everything shown with Cyberpunk points to a very controlled narrative driven experience. It's not like The Witcher 3 was a world you get "lose yourself in" ala Skyrim either, i.e. everything was marked on the map (once checking a notice board) & it was merely a matter of having the right level & gear to fight any particular monster/complete a quest.

It was of course a great game, but it wasn't Skyrim where you stand in the tundra wondering what to do next & then decide to spend a few hours smithing because why not. From what I've seen, Cyberpunk looks like it epitomizes the "go over there, do that" fetch quest genre. Just my perception of course because I could be wrong.

Maddux4164

Skyrim is awesome due to its scope & the sense of adventure (cliché, but it's true). Whilst I feel everything shown with Cyberpunk points to a very controlled narrative driven experience. It's not like The Witcher 3 was a world you get "lose yourself in" ala Skyrim either, i.e. everything was marked on the map (once checking a notice board) & it was merely a matter of having the right level & gear to fight any particular monster/complete a quest.

It was of course a great game, but it wasn't Skyrim where you stand in the tundra wondering what to do next & then decide to spend a few hours smithing because why not. From what I've seen, Cyberpunk looks like it epitomizes the "go over there, do that" fetch quest genre. Just my perception of course because I could be wrong.
To me it looks like a Skyrim in a blade runner setting. Go anywhere. Do anything. The same “go here and do that” can be said for Skyrim can’t it? Sure it can. You’re on quests and returning back from a quest. That’s how every RPG is. But it’s not just that. It’s exploration. Beautiful places. Oddball things to see and do and look at. It’ll be fantastic.

Rickyiez

But .. but , all the characters are indeed Cyborgs :messenger_tears_of_joy:

(I'm not saying the animations are anything extraordinary , it's just ironic)

I have essentially the same computer as you with maybe a less good cpu? I got the new consoles though so I’m just gonna get it for that - prefer gaming on the couch. I don’t think I’ll be updating my pc for a few years when ray tracing and stuff like that gets way more advanced

Maddux4164

I have essentially the same computer as you with maybe a less good cpu? I got the new consoles though so I’m just gonna get it for that - prefer gaming on the couch. I don’t think I’ll be updating my pc for a few years when ray tracing and stuff like that gets way more advanced
I’m happy with my setup. I can run any game at 1080/60 High. Also 1440p at mostly high.

According to the cyberpunk specs I’m beyond “recommended” settings.

I’ve never even OC’d my CPU/GPU and it’s still a beast in 2020. It’s far beyond what even the “pro” model consoles can offer.

I’m happy with my setup. I can run any game at 1080/60 High. Also 1440p at mostly high.

According to the cyberpunk specs I’m beyond “recommended” settings.

I’ve never even OC’d my CPU/GPU and it’s still a beast in 2020. It’s far beyond what even the “pro” model consoles can offer.
Yeah mine definitely does the job, what I need it to do (mainly use it for VR) - I’m sure within like five years there will be some crazy cutting edge stuff coming out though. Just not seeing a hugely compelling reason to get the new NVidia or AMD cards yet.

Maddux4164

Yeah mine definitely does the job, what I need it to do (mainly use it for VR) - I’m sure within like five years there will be some crazy cutting edge stuff coming out though. Just not seeing a hugely compelling reason to get the new NVidia or AMD cards yet.
Yep. I’ll upgrade in 2-4 years myself. Happy with performance now. Don’t need 4K/60 RTX.

Romulus

The game looks fine. Millions of people are playing graphics intensive games like Ghost of Tsushima, RDR2, Days Gone, TLOU2, God of War and GTAV on PS4 right now, every day.

They are having fun while you worry about pointless shit. Just play on your PC then. Bye.

I think you can read your last line and ask yourself what you're actually doing. For some reason, you had to post, and that means you invested energy in "pointless shit" as well. Which is worse really because you believe it's pointless. I happen to enjoy the conversation.

Anyway, this isn't about PC. For once in more than a decade, console players are actually getting a decent spec machine that compares well to mid-range PCs. Many are already getting a ps5 in a few months anyway, and if they're not, that's fine. But it's been a long time since a console came around that could run PC games at decent settings and most have already waited 5 years, what's another 4 months?

Last edited:

Romulus

And Skyrim wasn't about pushing visual fidelity, it looked decent at release. Cyberpunk actually pushes the genre forward visually in many ways. Hence why it's important to wait and play on the best hardware you possibly can. Imo.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
The released spec sheet has me worried for PC as it doesn't say what the targeted frames is.
30fps. same as The Witcher 3. i remember i had the exact specs for recommended and had to run most settings at low/medium to get 40-60fps at 1080p. if i remember right the only settings i had on High were Textures + Water.

my current PC sits between the 1440p-2160p Ultra specs:

32GB
RTX 2080

so i should be fine for 1440p 60fps if i turn a few settings down to High. if i can run at 1080p with DLSS i'm gonna do that so i can go beyond 60fps.

IDappa

And Skyrim wasn't about pushing visual fidelity, it looked decent at release. Cyberpunk actually pushes the genre forward visually in many ways. Hence why it's important to wait and play on the best hardware you possibly can. Imo.
Are you the game Sheriff or something?, Telling people how to play games and shit. You are just coming off like a dick..

The XsX and PS5 have already been confirmed to have improvements on release over the PS4 and xone with a more substantial patch coming at a later date.

EDMIX

And Skyrim wasn't about pushing visual fidelity, it looked decent at release. Cyberpunk actually pushes the genre forward visually

? Lots of games look great though, I care more about what I can do in a game, not how good it looks.... Them looking to focus on pushing that seems to have a lot of focus not on actual good combat, gameplay features, the list of removed features I'd rather have in the game and have it look like Fallout 4 bud.

So Skyrim even for its time wasn't made to push that concept, yet it moved record units not because of what it looked like as a game, but THE CONCEPT ITSELF, the actual things you DID IN THE WORLD. Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't even have REAL classes or jobs, for god sakes I read you can't even fucking steal, as in you can't rob NPCs.....

So games looking good over time is a given, this game right now is lacking fucking Oblivion features, it lacking GTA III features..... that sounds like a lot of shit to omit, not work on, ignore etc simply to make a game look good and this game doesn't look like this wild night and day difference from Deus Ex or a Far Cry game. Its not saying it looks bad, but its clear the game is a current gen title, its not looking anything like The Last Of Us 2 or something bud. For what they are trying to make, I'd rather they focused on adding those world features like actually really having jobs and classes like the ability to be a thief vs "look at how good sorta, kinda we can make the game look with missing faces".

Whats the point of looking good if they game basically plays like Deus Ex with cars?

HotPocket69

Banned

If we (the US) gets put on lockdown again at the beginning of 2021 (and we probably will) no way will they be easier to find in that matter of time. It’ll be like trying to find a Switch during the original lockdown: scalpers using that fucking alert app to let them know when they’re back in stock, and then scooping them all up and selling them at an inflated price for massive profit. It will absolutely be like that all over again. Hell, it already pretty much is.

Lanrutcon

Man, if this turns out to be...less than stellar...the OT is going to turn into a warzone. Brother against brother. Friend versus friend.

When will the killing end question mark

Top Bottom