• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk gold copies in the wild, PS4 gameplay leaks

The Fartist

Gold Member
What were they smokin?
Slow-Mo

O0fFI5Z.gif

Kadayi

Banned
I mean delayed multiple times. I don't get why people are using months old footage 2 weeks from release date (hopefully) to complain about the game.

You always get this shit whenever a bit title is about to release tbh. Some people are so scared of their own shadow that they lack the courage to just demonstrate any degree of enthusiasm for anything in life (even on an anonymous internet forum). So they spend their entire existence being 'It ain't all that' about pretty much everything, because that way they never risk being wrong. So instead they Hedgelord that a game/Book/Film/TV Series is going to be terrible so in the event they are right they can console their miserable existences with some self- back-patting ''Look Look I told you so' later on. You can absolutely guarantee that on Day 1 they'll be at least one post on GAF of someone saying 'I played 10 minutes and then returned CP2077...trash game, CDP should be ashamed' as well as someone endlessly complaining because the game doesn't have yellow butterflies in it or some other inane trivial shit in it that the devs talked about as maybes in an interview 5 years back (look, look they LIED!!! Fuck you CDP!!!). You'll probably get 'Cut Content' come up when they talk about any DLCs or expansions as well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Who knows. The game might well be a bust, but judging by the recent previews that came out I get the impression reviewers are universally loving it, and not in a 'Naughty Dog can do no wrong kind of way' versus a

J8frcwn.gif

Kind of way

Personally, I'm looking forward to it. I don't think it's going to be Mana from heaven or mark a massive paradigm shift, versus be a solid Open World RPG experience in a relatively underserved Genre with probably a few idiosyncrasies to it that will likely get ironed out post-release. What I'm really intrigued about is what they build off of it in terms of future content. Whether that be expansions set within the same game world or ones that take place elsewhere. Albeit the IP existed prior to the game as P&P, this is its first outing as a CRPG and that in itself kind of first pancake territory.

Madflavor

Everyone who's actually previewed hours upon hours of CP77 have all said the game is great. That it oozes atmosphere, awesome looking visuals and npcs, kickass music, deep rpg mechanics, writing on par with TW3, insane world building, and combat is serviceable at worst.

On top of that I have my own pair of eyes and ears, and that last trailer was fucking aces.

I thought this was only going to be a last gen game, based on some comments here i dont know now. Has there been confirmation of a XsX and PS5 native version?

All we know is it will look and play better on PS5 and XSX/XSS from day one, I suspect a resolution boost and/or an uncapped framerate.
Just looked into it, seems the XsX and PS5 version wont be launching until 2021 so on Dec 10 its just the PS4 and X1 version that you can play on the new consoles via BC. Dang what a bummer, ima hold off then. Also wth is with the XsX cyberpunk bundle, isnt that kinda false advertising if its the X1 version?

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Just looked into it, seems the XsX and PS5 version wont be launching until 2021 so on Dec its just the PS4 and X1 version that you can play on the new consoles via BC. Dang what a bummer, ima hold off then. Also wth is with the XsX cyberpunk bundle, isnt that kinda false advertising if its the X1 version?
Oh yeah the actual upgrade comes out next year but CDPR have stressed it will look better from day one on next gen consoles so there is still hope.

It's just going to be the PS4 Pro version and nothing more until they patch it. it's a joke, best way to play it is on PC. PS5 make do any enhancing over PS4 modes without a patch. Series X might be have some slight improvements from one X.

This is incorrect. Playing on PS5 will result in a boost in performance for all PS4 Pro titles. Unless Cyberpunk run in the teens for PS4 Pro, everyone will get a locked framerate on PS5. The same for resolution.

THEAP99

Banned
so you know better than developers, ok 🤡 :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:
If the game is going to somehow manage to get meaningful boost from next gen consoles day one, then why wasn't the series x footage in 60fps? Why were they driving slow as fuck to keep the game from breaking?

I'm pretty sure if the game would have a great boost day one, they would've said so and shown it.

Sadly, us on next gen consoles will be playing the 2013 versions but more stable all because of the companies mismanagement

Salz01

Era's CB77 thread is currently in deep discussion about whether or not all threads on CDPR get banned.
I hope they ban threads and the game sells a bazillion copies. The site is horrible, why out of touch, and pushes personal agendas all the time which should be a bannable offense over there.

Man this is the one I really want to see DF's analysis on.

Xbox Series X vs. Playstation 5 vs. PC.

Xbox One vs. Xbox One X vs. Series S vs. Series X.

PS4 vs. PS4 Pro vs. PS5.

Xbox One vs. PS4.

One X vs. Pro.

There is going to be a ton to take in. How will this game run on each of these different systems?

PS5 and XSX wont get the true next gen updates till next year sometime. So its not gonna be super interesting for that comparison.

Last edited:

scalman

think medium spec pc will be on pair or better then those one x and Pro versions. and thats will be enough for me.
about gameplay places that they show you driving car around in city, i dont think you can just stop anywhere get out from car and just explore places, go into building and such , i dont think that will be possible as they never showed that yet. more like mission focused driving ... or if i want to walk all that distance not driving in car,i just go on street and walk maybe do some side stuff... unless there is nothing there to do ... yh would be sad.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Banned
If the game is going to somehow manage to get meaningful boost from next gen consoles day one, then why wasn't the series x footage in 60fps? Why were they driving slow as fuck to keep the game from breaking?

I'm pretty sure if the game would have a great boost day one, they would've said so and shown it.

Sadly, us on next gen consoles will be playing the 2013 versions but more stable all because of the companies mismanagement
how i can know what they mean by 'Soft' patch? they said it that PS5 is getting it day 1. it could mean 4k or 60fps or faster loading times, we will know it on D10.

maybe it was not ready for this showing? don't pretend like that footage was done a day before the showing, it was done weeks before, so maybe that patch was not ready? no? that didn't occurred for you?

Toaster man

Neo Member
I just wish they would tell us what the ETA on the next gen version is. If it was before April I would probably wait. If it’s the end of the year with GOTY version with added dlc I would still wait :p

Is it not true that PS5 version will be 60 FPS and have better textures at launch? Is the only real upgrade we are waiting for goin to be ray tracing? If so I might just take the plunge early.

thuGG_pl

Erm I have pre-ordered the game and am hyped for it?

But the amount of pop-in, frame rate dips in really quiet areas and the random loss of limbs is scary shit, see why it wasn't ready for Nov.19

That's without day 1 patch, which was the reason why they delayed it. Judging it withouth Day 1 patch is pointless, because it's not how the game will be played.

I hope they ban threads and the game sells a bazillion copies. The site is horrible, why out of touch, and pushes personal agendas all the time which should be a bannable offense over there.

You crazy? You think Isamu Fukui is going to leave all that sweet sweet ad revenue on the floor? Whether it's hundreds of pages of people loving the game or hundreds of pages of unhinged screeching, it all translates to sweet sweet revenue.

Last edited:

imsosleepy

Everyone who's actually previewed hours upon hours of CP77 have all said the game is great. That it oozes atmosphere, awesome looking visuals and npcs, kickass music, deep rpg mechanics, writing on par with TW3, insane world building, and combat is serviceable at worst.

On top of that I have my own pair of eyes and ears, and that last trailer was fucking aces.
for many people on this forum that all seem to not matter if the graphics are not 100% fucking out of this world amazing..

Gamezone

Gold Member
Publishers like Activision actually prevent leaks like this by require the day one patch to be downloaded to even launch the game from the physical disc.

Hooks

I got a two week ban there today for being ‘dismissive’ because I asked why there isn’t a separate thread for gaming and politics. The site is a fucking joke, how is asking a question being dismissive, bunch of hypocrites.

Dorohedoro

You only have 3 presets to pick from? Or at least male V does. Well I hope they kept the original female V from 2018 as an option, not feeling the new one they've decided to use in the marketing.

DonJorginho

Banned
will the PS5 version be 70 bucks tho?
the upgrade is free for any PS4 copy of the game, new, second hand, bought this year or in two years plus.

As long as you either bought the game digitally or have a disc copy lying around by the time the free upgrade comes out, it's yours man.

Romulus

Which is preciously why I can't begin to imagine why anyone would want to play his on 2013 consoles, unless its absolutely the only option.

It's like getting the Witcher 3 Switch version, but confined to docked mode when there's a ps4, Xb1, and PC version available.

It sounds like it could be a masterpiece, but lets just hurry up to play it on the lowest level possible shit hardware.

Last edited:
Top Bottom