• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk gold copies in the wild, PS4 gameplay leaks

tumblr_m0s8e9mzie1rra2cmo1_400.gif
Some people can't have other having fun :p

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

I’m guessing a solid 8/10 as an average from most reviewers, with a few higher and lower scores as well...
If the performance is fine on the base PS4 I'd be happy with that to check it out as soon as instead of waiting for the custom PS5 versions..

waquzy

If the performance is fine on the base PS4 I'd be happy with that to check it out as soon as instead of waiting for the custom PS5 versions..
Hmm... I have a feeling the base models will suffer from pop-up and frame rate issues etc. As most of the people who got to play it for 16 hours said there are loads of bugs and obviously they are not even playing it on the base model, so expect even more. But we will see.

cormack12

Gold Member
When is the next gen patch supposed to drop anyone know?

The patch will be available day one though we're not sure what exactly is in it. Speculation has been 4k assets, 60fps or higher base resolution.

The free upgrade will probably be 18 months out or more based on the fact they will have to bugfix and patch CP2077 and continue working on the multiplayer standalone as well, and deliver the Witcher III free upgrade.

RAIDEN1

Hmm... I have a feeling the base models will suffer from pop-up and frame rate issues etc. As most of the people who got to play it for 16 hours said there are loads of bugs and obviously they are not even playing it on the base model, so expect even more. But we will see.
Well supposedly there is a Day One Patch that is possibly addressing these issues? I am not expecting top of the line performance...but it should be in a playable state at the very minimum...

zwiggelbig

I’m guessing a solid 8/10 as an average from most reviewers, with a few higher and lower scores as well...
You really gotta be kidding after all the previews that are out there already that this game is going to end up in the 80's on metacritic. Most previewers said that it even exceeded their crazy high expectations. Their biggest critisism was that the combat was not perfect, but its a RPG so combat is not the main focus. Its not destiny. But its good enough. It wil be 90+ metacritic guaranteed. How high that depends..

harmny

Banned
The patch will be available day one though we're not sure what exactly is in it. Speculation has been 4k assets, 60fps or higher base resolution.

The free upgrade will probably be 18 months out or more based on the fact they will have to bugfix and patch CP2077 and continue working on the multiplayer standalone as well, and deliver the Witcher III free upgrade.

18 months out? not a chance what are you smoking. the free next gen upgrade will be a top priority. let the crunch begin

harmny

Banned
It looks great but is anybody else disappointed with the dated animation. Everybody moves like a cyborg. The lip sync looks especially bad. The driving scene gave me a Mad Max aesthetic. Hopefully, this was an early copy and the animation improves considerably in the final product.

dated animation? compared to what? i think the animations are streets ahead of any open world rpg i've seen. much better than anything bgs has launched. better than dragon age or mass efect. better than assassins creed. better than the outer worlds.

waquzy

You really gotta be kidding after all the previews that are out there already that this game is going to end up in the 80's on metacritic. Most previewers said that it even exceeded their crazy high expectations. Their biggest critisism was that the combat was not perfect, but its a RPG so combat is not the main focus. Its not destiny. But its good enough. It wil be 90+ metacritic guaranteed. How high that depends..
Maybe, will see...

Romulus

Are you the game Sheriff or something?, Telling people how to play games and shit. You are just coming off like a dick..

The XsX and PS5 have already been confirmed to have improvements on release over the PS4 and xone with a more substantial patch coming at a later date.

Lol you missed the imo part. You're coming off like you don't read posts. Theres no rule just stating an opinion. Most people cant get a ps5 or X now, hence my point.

IDappa

Lol you missed the imo part. You're coming off like you don't read posts. Theres no rule just stating an opinion. Most people cant get a ps5 or X now, hence my point.
You've been fighting this guy for the past few pages brother, why not just let him play the way he wants. Nobody cares about your opinion after the 20th post about it.

Romulus

You've been fighting this guy for the past few pages brother, why not just let him play the way he wants. Nobody cares about your opinion after the 20th post about it.

Well the core of your post is off the mark, so basically, everything is. Anyone can play any way they want, again not my point.. Damn sure not going to stop posting my opinion because some guy said so, especially when he claims to understand "everyone's" opinion, which is like 4 people actually engaging=everyone!

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

I am seriously considering exchanging my base PS4 for a 2nd-hand PS4-Pro for this game, I never considered it before but if this game is anything like Deus EX, then I'd definitley be interested in playing it on as good a performance level I can get...

thuGG_pl

What is even scarier is that at one point, they had no issue putting it out like this. The fact that they printed the disk with the game in this state speaks volumes. I only really expect it to be slightly better then what we are seeing tbh.

@VFXVeteran Agreed. The game went gold, they printed disk. Clearly at some point, they had INTENT to release it like this.

It's 2020 not 2001, there is this thing called Day 1 patch.

thuGG_pl

Don't spread BS. Next gen patch will be next year.

IDappa

Well the core of your post is off the mark, so basically, everything is. Anyone can play any way they want, again not my point.. Damn sure not going to stop posting my opinion because some guy said so, especially when he claims to understand "everyone's" opinion, which is like 4 people actually engaging=everyone!
The core of my post is you are being a dick and I'm 100 percent sure it is on the mark. I never said do not post your opinion, I said after posting it the 20 th time nobody cares for it. Just because you say your opinion multiple times doesn't mean more people will listen to you.

The fact multiple people are arguing with you should show that your opinion is in the minority.. people will play how they want with the means they have end of discussion really.

Kadayi

Banned

I wouldn't waste your time dude, He's GAF resident CP2077 Hater. You'll find him in pretty much every thread shitting on the game. He's been playing 'it ain't all that' since the first gameplay trailer came out. I think CDP stole his lunch money or fucked his mom or something. 🤔

Last edited:

Romulus

The core of my post is you are being a dick and I'm 100 percent sure it is on the mark. I never said do not post your opinion, I said after posting it the 20 th time nobody cares for it. Just because you say your opinion multiple times doesn't mean more people will listen to you.

The fact multiple people are arguing with you should show that your opinion is in the minority.. people will play how they want with the means they have end of discussion really.

But why are you so bothered though? You completely misunderstood me to begin with and formed an opinion around that. What you trying to do now? teach me a lesson? Makes no sense to invest in it. I simply don't bother with people like you're describing.
And most of my posts were responses, not just randomly chiming in, and on top of that there wasnt "20" of them. Way off.

So now its "multiple" people now that disagree. You said earlier it was everyone when it was literally like 3-4. Happens all the time in most big discussion threads. It's called the internet, and even if it was 10 people, so what? 2 people against 1 puts the lesser in the "minority."

Last edited:

EDMIX

There is this thing also called lying to your fans. If they planned to continue development to fix those issues then clearly they knew the game simply wasn't ready. A day 1 patch is to finish some random bugs and left over issues, not literally continue development on the game to the point of a delay bud.

So now Day 1 patches are the whole ass game now huh? So the argument isn't that they can't patch the game or something, besides the point....its questioning why the fuck did they print disk with the game in this terrible state all in the hopes of fixing it after the fact? Clearly its not a few issues here and there as the game would not be delayed otherwise. Something is wrong with the development or management or both.

They are simply not be honest about the issues with this fucking game if they felt they could fix it up in a patch, only to delay it. Clearly it wasn't ready to be printed bud. Day 1 patch isn't for the REST of the game to be completed, its for a FEW issues man. These leaks are not showing a few bugs or anything, the game looks massively dated.

IDappa

But why are you so bothered though? You completely misunderstood me to begin with and formed an opinion around that. What you trying to do now? teach me a lesson? Makes no sense to invest in it. I simply don't bother with people like you're describing.
And most of my posts were responses, not just randomly chiming in, and on top of that there wasnt "20" of them. Way off.

So now its "multiple" people now that disagree. You said earlier it was everyone when it was literally like 3-4. Happens all the time in most big discussion threads. It's called the internet, and even if it was 10 people, so what? 2 people against 1 puts the lesser in the "minority."

No just letting you know that you are acting like a dick and that people will play games the way they want too and not how you'd like them too, get it?..

EDMIX

Are you the game Sheriff or something?, Telling people how to play games and shit. You are just coming off like a dick..

The XsX and PS5 have already been confirmed to have improvements on release over the PS4 and xone with a more substantial patch coming at a later date.

I see where you and Rom are coming from.

To Roms point, yea folks who can play it with a better system should as you pointed out they will be getting patches on the newer systems.

To your point, I also agree actually. They indeed are getting a game and I feel someone who is looking forward to this game shouldn't NEED to feel like they need new hardware to enjoy it, need I remind folks this game has been in development for YEARS on current generation hardware, no excuse on it not playing well on the very core hardware it was even made for in the first place. So that being said, I'm getting it for my PS4 Pro and I might do a second playthrough on the PS5 later next year or something.

edit. I also agree with your recent post. I'm hype for the game too and had it preordered for years now, but I shouldn't have this need to get new hardware to play what they have marketed on current generation hardware for years now. Simply doesn't make sense. I'm sure it will play beast on Series X and PS5, but this is still a PS4 and XONE game from the ground up. Zero excuse not to play well as we had years of it being made on that hardware, not PS5, Series X etc. Gamers need to know they should be able to play it on all hardware its releasing on without this fear they are getting something unplayble or something.

Last edited:

Freeman76

18 months out? not a chance what are you smoking. the free next gen upgrade will be a top priority. let the crunch begin

Not only that but he says there will be a day one patch for next gen and then says 18 months for next gen upgrade in the same sentence lol. I think the way CDPR are dealing with this is a bit crap tbh, they should just cross gen it like AC/WD and pretty much every other AAA release.

cormack12

Gold Member
I don't need to google anything, they said on last episode of Night City Wire that the patch will come some time next year. Nothing changed since then.
So again, don't spread BS.

And when was Cyberpunk scheduled to release when they first aired Night City? They haven't even committed to a date, at the moment it's exactly like the Horizon: Forbidden West situation. They have said scheduled for next year but with caveats.

All you have is a vague regurgitation from an interview in June that it's within 12 months, and the same statement made on an investment call. And what I'm saying to you is that the commitment for '12 months' was made in June. You've just said that the latest epsiode they said in the enxt 12 months. It's already slipped which indicates it is not a seperate pipeline - otherwise it would be out before June next year (as that would have been 12 months from the original commitment). In other words, they could have worked on it in parallel.

So it's not hard to deduce that other projects and deliverables are competing for the same resource is it. The evidence is right there. So they have to deliver and launch CP2077, then they have to do the first 'patch' which will the quirks and any critical game bugs that will become apparent in the wild. On top of that they are still working on the sole multiplayer aspect of the game which is a seperate project. They have also committed to story expansion paid DLC for the base game. They have to deliver the patch for the Witcher III as well. They also need to give the developers a bit of time to recover after the tumultuous ending to getting CP2077 shipped. Six months will be gone in the blink of an eye. All those will be higher priority than a free patch for people who already own the game. There's no incentive tied to delivery except goodwill, maybe those who don't buy the base game - but how do you quantify that? And if they've waited eight years for a game, chances are they will wait another six months on top of a 12 month lead time.

It's a matter of naivety versus precedent at this moment. The game was meant to ship in April, it's finally shipping eight months late for a number of reasons. The Witcher next gen patch wasn't even available at launch, that's been five years. If you want to be naive and believe it will be here with no delays, delivered and ready as promised within the year that's up to you. I'd prefer to look at everything that's happening, contextualise it and balance my expectations. LEt's not forget the designers and devs only got told about the delays the same day as us. Which is why the official PR account and the lead quest designer both tweeted no more delays with the release date of November.

But we'll see in time. We can bump this on 10.12.20 and see right.

Not only that but he says there will be a day one patch for next gen and then says 18 months for next gen upgrade in the same sentence lol. I think the way CDPR are dealing with this is a bit crap tbh, they should just cross gen it like AC/WD and pretty much every other AAA release.

That's what CDPR have committed to. A day one patch where the game will look and run better on next gen hardware. A next gen patch will arrive 'sometime next year' to which I think it's safe to assume delays and added another six months on. You do understand the difference between those two things right?

Last edited:

McCheese

It'll run much better on next gen systems, I think the next gen patch is really optimising the game so they can crank the settings up much higher, but they surely will tweak a few things even on release day for PS5 and series X, I'm expecting textures, lod and draw distance to be on par with PC, but no ray tracing or ultra setting stuff until the patch next year.

I don't think they are stupid enough to just have the ps5 version be a smoother PS4 game, folks will be shouting "downgrade" for months due to all the PC footage and pre-rendered stuff they've been flaunting.

Last edited:

IDappa

I see where you and Rom are coming from.

To Roms point, yea folks who can play it with a better system should as you pointed out they will be getting patches on the newer systems.

To your point, I also agree actually. They indeed are getting a game and I feel someone who is looking forward to this game shouldn't NEED to feel like they need new hardware to enjoy it, need I remind folks this game has been in development for YEARS on current generation hardware, no excuse on it not playing well on the very core hardware it was even made for in the first place. So that being said, I'm getting it for my PS4 Pro and I might do a second playthrough on the PS5 later next year or something.

edit. I also agree with your recent post. I'm hype for the game too and had it preordered for years now, but I shouldn't have this need to get new hardware to play what they have marketed on current generation hardware for years now. Simply doesn't make sense. I'm sure it will play beast on Series X and PS5, but this is still a PS4 and XONE game from the ground up. Zero excuse not to play well as we had years of it being made on that hardware, not PS5, Series X etc. Gamers need to know they should be able to play it on all hardware its releasing on without this fear they are getting something unplayble or something.
Agreed, people who've been hyped since day dot are going to enjoy the game wherever they are able to play. I myself will be playing on the series X however I have a good PC that I could play it on but just want to chill out on the couch and play, it suits my lifestyle as I have kids and it is far easier for me to keep a eye on them when I can get my game time in.

People have different reasons why they may choose a lesser platform to play and I do not think it is helpful to denigrate some who do, we should all just be hyped to jump in and play.

The more powerful hardware will look better and play better for obvious reasons which is why it is annoying seeing people trying "educate" others about what platform will be lesser. People aren't dumb and know that But as long as CD make good on a decent PS4 and xbone version then everyone will be able to enjoy themselves come December which is a good thing.

Tbh I have been impressed with the PS4 pro and Xbox one X footage and believe it's going to be a solid experience I hope you enjoy it. I myself am trying to not get too hyped as it will just seem like release day will take longer to get here.

EDMIX

And when was Cyberpunk scheduled to release when they first aired Night City? They haven't even committed to a date, at the moment it's exactly like the Horizon: Forbidden West situation. They have said scheduled for next year but with caveats.

All you have is a vague regurgitation from an interview in June that it's within 12 months, and the same statement made on an investment call. And what I'm saying to you is that the commitment for '12 months' was made in June. You've just said that the latest epsiode they said in the enxt 12 months. It's already slipped which indicates it is not a seperate pipeline - otherwise it would be out before June next year (as that would have been 12 months from the original commitment). In other words, they could have worked on it in parallel.

So it's not hard to deduce that other projects and deliverables are competing for the same resource is it. The evidence is right there. So they have to deliver and launch CP2077, then they have to do the first 'patch' which will the quirks and any critical game bugs that will become apparent in the wild. On top of that they are still working on the sole multiplayer aspect of the game which is a seperate project. They have also committed to story expansion paid DLC for the base game. They have to deliver the patch for the Witcher III as well. They also need to give the developers a bit of time to recover after the tumultuous ending to getting CP2077 shipped. Six months will be gone in the blink of an eye. All those will be higher priority than a free patch for people who already own the game. There's no incentive tied to delivery except goodwill, maybe those who don't buy the base game - but how do you quantify that? And if they've waited eight years for a game, chances are they will wait another six months on top of a 12 month lead time.

It's a matter of naivety versus precedent at this moment. The game was meant to ship in April, it's finally shipping eight months late for a number of reasons. The Witcher next gen patch wasn't even available at launch, that's been five years. If you want to be naive and believe it will be here with no delays, delivered and ready as promised within the year that's up to you. I'd prefer to look at everything that's happening, contextualise it and balance my expectations. LEt's not forget the designers and devs only got told about the delays the same day as us. Which is why the official PR account and the lead quest designer both tweeted no more delays with the release date of November.

That's what CDPR have committed to. A day one patch where the game will look and run better on next gen hardware. A next gen patch will arrive 'sometime next year' to which I think it's safe to assume delays and added another six months on. You do understand the difference between those two things right?

So the meat of your argument is not to believe CDPR? So I don't think any of us are trying to argue we can 100% predict the future, simply that based on what is said by the team, they have given no answer to that next gen patch being this year, just the opposite. Shit I even agree with you that we'll see in time (moot btw) as I don't even feel it will make that December release date, but I still agree with most that they've clearly given out info on when to expect that patch for next gen, it wasn't for 2020. Thats not me saying 100% nothing can change, thats me saying the team as of right now has never stated that patch was coming this year.

Look...I think it will look and run better then what the disk version has prior to the day 1 patch, but I don't believe they confirmed NEXT GEN features in that day 1 patch.

IDappa IDappa Agreed. Knowing the game is going to be over 100 hours, I'd rather play on my couch. I'll get the PC version when I do a new build either next year or the year after.

Last edited:

Freeman76

Love how you turn it into something where I am somehow stupid. Great attitude there man, but then I see you respond to most people that way which says more about you than it does them really.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
So the meat of your argument is not to believe CDPR? So I don't think any of us are trying to argue we can 100% predict the future, simply that based on what is said by the team, they have given no answer to that next gen patch being this year, just the opposite. Shit I even agree with you that we'll see in time (moot btw) as I don't even feel it will make that December release date, but I still agree with most that they've clearly given out info on when to expect that patch for next gen, it wasn't for 2020. Thats not me saying 100% nothing can change, thats me saying the team as of right now has never stated that patch was coming this year.

Look...I think it will look and run better then what the disk version has prior to the day 1 patch, but I don't believe they confirmed NEXT GEN features in that day 1 patch.

I never said it would have next gen features in that PS5/XsX day one patch - frame rate, 4k assets or higher base resolution (which are still speculation), are not 'next-gen features'. Are you thinking of someone else? I'm saying the original 12 months statement was from an interview in June, if the next gen work was seperate then we could expect it by Q1 '21. That other poster seems to think the studio is going to drop everything and make this patch a priority 1, when I've shown good reason why that won't be the case, then screamed FUD because they don't have anything else to offer. It's probably more 'FUD' to say the studio will be dropping all other commitments to work on a non incentivised goodwill patch, funny how that works isn't it?

In fact the recent conference call explicitly mentioned this, as it was a pointed question based on that commitment:

Source: Q11: Hello again. A couple of questions. One was just to clear up the next-gen point. As I understand it, the game will come out on the 10th, playable on, say, PS5, but the actual optimized next-gen version is still scheduled for the first quarter of the next year for both Xbox and PS5. The second question is: does this have a knock-on effect on DLCs? I guess large parts of the studio can be working on those, but still – the engineering and the Q&A guys will be very busy, and for longer than you had ever expected – so does this potentially affect the timing of DLCs, of which we can expect at least three – correct me on that. Thank you.

AK: So, with next-gen: what we are releasing now is the current-gen version, which can be played on next-gen consoles thanks to backward compatibility, but without next-gen-specific features. Being strong machines, next-gen consoles are comparable to very strong PCs – they have more memory, much faster hard drive access and so on and so forth. So – the console version played on next-gen looks great; instantly. Next year we will be releasing a full-blown next-gen version – perhaps not optimized for next-gen, but with next-gen features implemented. It won’t be – like the current version – merely an emulation of the current gen. Regarding expansions – we expect no impact. Fortunately, those who are finishing the game and are now involved in those final processes, are not required at this stage of development of the expansions. We don’t expect that this will influence our further schedules.

Again, all they have committed to at launch is that it will look and play best on PS5/XsX. We can speculate on what that is (performance and fidelity modes), unlocked frame rates, higher base resolutions, texture packs etc. But we don't know until we see it. At the very least we can say that the raw power will make it run better.

In terms of next gen only, I don't know what you guys are expecting in terms of next gen 'features'. Aside from some implementations of ray tracing, what would you expect?

cormack12

Gold Member
Love how you turn it into something where I am somehow stupid. Great attitude there man, but then I see you respond to most people that way which says more about you than it does them really.

If you passively/indirectly attack me, then yeah:

Not only that but he says there will be a day one patch for next gen and then says 18 months for next gen upgrade in the same sentence lol.

Don't hide behind shitty statements when you make them and cry that you're being called out. There is a difference between those things, and it's very blatant what those are. For example, the recent patches for Ghost of Tsushima that enables it to look and play better on PS5 is different to a dedicated 'next-gen patch'. I asked if you understand the difference between them, because then it makes your previous post moot. So, do you?

Last edited:

Gamezone

Gold Member
I wouldn't pre-order this. It's crazy how Cyberpunk pre-orders are at the top of Steam's global best sellers, even outperforms Football Manager 2021 which peaks above 50,000 concurrent players at this very moment.

thuGG_pl

Listen dude I called you out for your claim that the patch will be our in 18 months. Which is simply not true, the 18 months was just your random number. And you claimed it as a fact. That's why I called it BS. That's it.
And I don't know what is Witcher 3 next gen patch you are talking about. W3 was not cross gen title, it went directly to PS4 and XOne, so it didn't need any next gen patch.
You speculate a lot and expect everyone to align with it.

Last edited:

Romulus

No just letting you know that you are acting like a dick and that people will play games the way they want too and not how you'd like them too, get it?..

Letting me know, right lol. But this post just shows you're off the mark completely. I have no power in making anyone choose a way to play, it's just stupid to considering otherwise. I never said do it my way or anything remotely close to what you're trying to push.

The frustration setting in as the goods do not square with the expectations. Told them folks not to put all their eggs on the Cyberpunk basket. Choices, choices, choices. Now it's all about "pray for the next-gen patch".

Last edited:

IDappa

Letting me know, right lol. But this post just shows you're off the mark completely. I have no power in making anyone choose a way to play, it's just stupid to considering otherwise. I never said do it my way or anything remotely close to what you're trying to push.
All those posts of you saying that people should wait and don't bother playing it on their older console is just my imagination huh.. It's funny how multiple users have said the same thing to you and you just deflect and deny what you have been saying.. that's fine you do you.

I think you should atleast wait until you upgrade your PC to a 3080 btw no point in playing it on anything older and with that I am tapping out of this conversation.

Romulus

All those posts of you saying that people should wait and don't bother playing it on their older console is just my imagination huh.. It's funny how multiple users have said the same thing to you and you just deflect and deny what you have been saying.. that's fine you do you.

I think you should atleast wait until you upgrade your PC to a 3080 btw no point in playing it on anything older and with that I am tapping out of this conversation.

"Should wait." Right, you're just missing the point. "Should wait, and this is why." You're missing the last part, which is an opinion. Play it however you like. Multiple users said that? Don't you mean "everyone" as you said before? Again, that happens all the time. 3,5, 8 people you can easily get going in one direction on a subject, then "poll" another 100 and it goes the other way completely.

And you bringing up the 3080 scenario proves my point that you never understood me, either at my fault or yours.

Top Bottom