• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories appear on iTunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listened to the entirety of Alive 2007, and man... there is no stopping the hype train. There's so much energy coming out of this news it's insane!

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I love me some daft punk.

Veridis Quo always gets me hype.

Can't wait for another album.

Mik2121

I keep hearing "Parappa likes a Kentucky"

:S

vPrazqu.jpg
kfc+bucket+of+chicken.gif

bomma_man

I have gotten into listening to house, electro house. Daft Punk seems to lean toward house sometimes, but they sound more repetitive then most of the stuff Ive been finding since I started listening to electronic, dance-like music. Its like they work with much smaller formula then other artists. Discovery sounds like it was composed minimally. I havent listened to their other stuff though. Maybe Ive been spoiled by listening to other electronic music, hehe.

i dunno man, dance music is kinda repetitive by nature, given it's genesis in Phillip Glass style minimalism. sounds like you've been listening to dance-pop. i'd say Homework is pretty much standard.

I've been waiting patiently since late 2011 when the first rumors of collaborations began.

Hearing the snippets and having a firm release date is kind of surreal for me at this point.

I am not just hyped, I AM HYPE!

Addi

Really? Fuck yes.

http://www.urb.com/2012/05/25/breaking-giorgio-moroder-recorded-with-daft-punk/

I love this kind of perfectionism:

The robots asked the Munich Machine to go into a vocal booth and speak about his life. In the studio were multiple microphones of various vintages from the ’60s to today. When Moroder asked the engineer why they had so many mics, he replied that the mic they would use would depend on what decade of his life he was speaking about. When Moroder asked if anyone would know the difference, the engineer replied “They will know

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
just realized this album hits the same day as the National's new album, what a glorious day it'll be.

jtb

Banned
It's great. I was listening to HAA yesterday and I think the best track is Emotion, though. No one on the planet seems to agree.

I like Emotion. Maybe not the best track, but a very solid one.

I actually think if you take the songs from Human After All, they're not that bad individually. It's only when you play them as an album do you realize just how underdeveloped they all are and how repetitive the whole thing is.

i dunno man, dance music is kinda repetitive by nature, given it's genesis in Phillip Glass style minimalism. sounds like you've been listening to dance-pop. i'd say Homework is pretty much standard.

I'll make sure to check out Homework.

Dance-pop? Thats stuff like Rhianna and Katy Perry, right? If so, I cannot stand dance-pop and have never truly listened to it. That stuff sounds, to me, even more repetitive then Daft Punk. But Daft Punk actually makes creative beats, unlike dance-pop (from what I have heard on what little radio I listen to). I've been listening to stuff like Kaskade, Porter Robinson, and Mat Zo.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Yeah, that's a good one.

Really, is there a bad song on Discovery?

Also, this is semi-related to RAM's release, but this just happened, too.
Actually, it's a lot related to the new album.

whoever designed those helmets deserves a fucking prize, seriously the whole image they have is so fucking good. deadmau5 whishes he looked as cool with his retarded ass mickey lookalike mask.

whoever designed those helmets deserves a fucking prize, seriously the whole image they have is so fucking good. deadmau5 whishes he looked as cool with his retarded ass mickey lookalike mask.

Eh, I like Deadmau5's mask, but it is entirely different. He's also not as shy about running around without it on. They're in entirely different leagues, I don't even compare the two.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I can already imagine those toys are going to be hard to get. Pricey as shit in the after market.

Fjordson

They always remind me of some of Syd Mead's old sci-fi art:

sydmead4.jpg

The top one a bit more than the bottom, but yeah, their helmets are great. Especially...Guy's. At least I think it's Guy's. The one with the vertical visor.

NotLiquid

Now I don't know if you're like me and love collecting figmas, PVCs and other nerd craft but if you are, Bandai has something pretty fucking awesome in the works.

62BZykI.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...228.1073741841.155435907808916&type=1&theater
Release date: November 2013
Total height: approx.15cm
Price: TBA

Appropriately timed with the group's new album announcement and supervised by the artists themselves, high-end action figures of Daft Punk have been confirmed for release under the S.H.Figuarts advanced action figure series from Bandai Japan’s premium collector's label, Tamashii Nations! The total figure height is approximately 15cm, and as with all S.H.Figuarts figures, these Daft Punk figures feature precise articulation for recreation of a variety of poses. The helmet areas will feature a shiny metallic finish for enhanced realism.

I'm incredibly excited. Bandai's figure arts are of exceptional quality. These look so fucking slick.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I need those figures.
I like Emotion. Maybe not the best track, but a very solid one.

I actually think if you take the songs from Human After All, they're not that bad individually. It's only when you play them as an album do you realize just how underdeveloped they all are and how repetitive the whole thing is.
On the other hand, the album flows really well from one track to the next.

For me, HAA is a solid 7/10 album. I can appreciate that the repetitiveness is by design and part and parcel with the concept of the album, but that's much more interesting to step back and think about than it is fun to listen to in the moment. Still, it has a really unique vibe to it, the album tells a story of sorts, and it's good music to put on in the background when you write.

For all the shit Human After All gets, the 1-2-and-3 impact of Human After All/Prime Time of Your Life/Robot Rock at the beginning of the album and Television Rules the Nation/Technologic/Emotion at the end are up there with Daft Punk's best work for me.

I wonder how he hasn't been sued by Disney yet.

Dreaver

I love Human After All (the song, not so much the album) so much.

Yeah I think it's a pretty awesome song as well. There are a few cool other songs on the album like Robot Rock, I agree it's the "worst" Daft Punk album. Most songs feel so slow, however Alive 2007 totally redeems it and makes perfect use of it. I love that album so much.

xenist

Damn, this thread made me give my Daft Punk albums a listen. Alive 2007 is so goddamn good. Not going to a Daft Punk concert is one of my biggest regrets in life when it comes to entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom