• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daily Show host Trevor Noah says people see Antifa as "Vegan Isis"

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Are you really saying we shouldn't listen to the Times, Guardian etc. but instead listen to some unknown media blog, written by apparently anonymous authors, that tells the real story?

This feels like an inverted Trump supporter post.
Not only that but that blog post is written in such poor English that it looks like something was ran through Google translated and copied/pasted as-is. It's completely incoherent and borderline unreadable.

What a joke.

antifa isn't a group; it's a movement opposing fascist ideologies and individuals. it draws support from across the political spectrum and as such is not representative of the far-left -- rather, it is representative of opposition to the far-right

I'm well aware that antifa isn't a unified group (that's actually the problem), but I'm not sure it draws support from "across the political spectrum" at all. There are no centrist antifas, only leftist ones.
regardless, even if some of those professing antifa values support putin, i can assure you that they are in the minority. i'll actually go further than that and say that no true leftist is a supporter of putin's russia
Yeah, I agree they are surely in the minority, but the Russian shilling that goes on in the extreme left in general needs to be called out. And yes, I agree that a true leftist should support Putin's and Putin's Russia, which is why as a leftist it disgusts me when I see it.

The Guardian, Time, and The Economist are fake news? Are you kidding me?

WTF is this link? It looks like something out of Google translate. Completely incoherent.

Are you trolling us?

Which isn't what gutter_trash said. This is the post you called "delusional nonsense" without even elaborating

no u

K then.

Yes. The economist and the guardian have strong centrists biases. The Guardian is well disliked by Labour bases in the U.K due to their center / Blairite bias. The Ecpnomist...well, their reputation as having centrist bias is well known. They brag about it. Not fake news (that was just a tongue in cheek comment) but biased? undoubtedly.

Nothing that was posted on the link I gave is a lie. Is translation from French sources. But you didn't even bother to check it fully did you?

Being antifacist is "disgusting". 💀

And then people wonder why centrism is judged as enabling rather than confronting nazism.

Jackpot

Banned
Nothing that was posted on the link I gave is a lie. Is translation from French sources. But you didn't even bother to check it fully did you?

This is the opening paragraph, and not quote from a French source:

After Jean-Luc Mélenchon bypassed in the polls Benoit Amon, he resorts to all means and reiterated the alleged rapture of the candidate from ”Rebellious France," Vladimir Putin. That's how things really are.

The site has literally no information about it. No contact details, no author name, and has as generic a name as calling a smuggling company Imports & Exports Co.

Not fake news (that was just a tongue in cheek comment) but biased? undoubtedly.

Proof, please. But then I guess everyone's a "centrist" when you that far out on the fringe.

edit: holy shit, the deeper you go...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=+...1.3.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..1.0.0.vzpsH7ySdJY

Trying to find any info I google the site name. All that appears are citations on conspiracy sites and Russian propaganda outlets.

First 3 results are a site that has its own RationalWiki entry (https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Globalresearch) that's using one of their stories to back up an InfoWars article, DavidIcke.com (!), freeUkraineNow.org (that's free it from NATO occupation, not Russia). Russia Today and Pravda TV also use it.

This is your unbiased news source?

Phrynobatrachus

Neo Member
Tim Pool is a hack who is friends with actual white supremacists and fascists.

Being antifacist isn't disgusting.

Being a part of a violent group is.

liberals love violence, as long as it's done by the state and in service of the status quo. do you think the deacons for defense and justice were repugnant?

Department of Homeland Security has formally Classified Antifa activities as Domestic Terrorist Violence.
Its about time.
Tim Pool as always gives a great rational breakdown of these violent radicals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEdR8pkUNL8

The Alt-Right and Antifa both are repugnant movements.

Lol Tim "Got paid by InfoWars to do anti-immigrant propaganda in Sweden" Pool

Tim "Alex Jones doesn't make things up" Pool

Tim "Milo didn't do anything wrong to Leslie Jones and was unfairly banned" Pool

Sure

Being antifacist isn't disgusting.

Being a part of a violent group is.

What's actually disgusting is seeing a clear problem, doing nothing about it, then going on the internet and complaining that people who are doing something about it are doing it wrong. Nazi speech in itself is violence.

Ijeoma Oluo speaks on this in much more depth(from 14:45 on), but people like you are the main reason why this problem has gotten to this point in the first place. You sit and let it rock, then find fault with the opposition.

Aselith

The site has literally no information about it. No contact details, no author name, and has as generic a name as calling a smuggling company Imports & Exports Co.

Proof, please. But then I guess everyone's a "centrist" when you that far out on the fringe.

edit: holy shit, the deeper you go...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=+...1.3.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..1.0.0.vzpsH7ySdJY

Trying to find any info I google the site name. All that appears are citations on conspiracy sites and Russian propaganda outlets.

First 3 results are a site that has its own RationalWiki entry (https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Globalresearch) that's using one of their stories to back up an InfoWars article, DavidIcke.com (!), freeUkraineNow.org (that's free it from NATO occupation, not Russia). Russia Today and Pravda TV also use it.

This is your unbiased news source?

Melkr is a Russian sleeper isn't he

Proof, please. But then I guess everyone's a "centrist" when you that far out on the fringe...

I think you are just misinformed honestly. Everyone who reads the OP's of The Economist and The Guardian know they are centrists. Specially The Economist.

And not you going all SEO on the source I put there nnnn. I admit is sketchy, but this basically what was said by other French outlets back then during the elections.

I am not in the mood to do homework atm

And I never said it was unbiased. Every outlet is biased. They have a right to be. But the Melenchon pro Russia stance is clearly distorted in that guardian article just to correspond with centrist biases.

Edit: hahaha omg. Honestly that was the first English result I found. Your conspiracy theories are endearing though, and reminiscent of the alt right though.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Tim Pool is a hack who is friends with actual white supremacists and fascists.

liberals love violence, as long as it's done by the state and in service of the status quo. do you think the deacons for defense and justice were repugnant?

right...sure he is..cuz you know him personally right?
His coverage of this the last year has been fantastic.

I think anyone that covers their face to commit crimes and violence against their fellow citizens like the totalitarian authoritarians they are in a free democratic society are repugnant.

Phrynobatrachus

Neo Member
right...sure he is..cuz you know him personally right?
His coverage of this the last year has been fantastic.

DBk8SNzUIAEOLBC.jpg

DBlCeTIVwAAtAai.jpg:large

+ excelsior's post

I think anyone that covers their face to commit crimes and violence against their fellow citizens like the totalitarian authoritarians they are in a free democratic society are repugnant.

oh indeed

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Lol Tim "Got paid by InfoWars to do anti-immigrant propaganda in Sweden" Pool

Tim "Alex Jones doesn't make things up" Pool

Tim "Milo didn't do anything wrong to Leslie Jones and was unfairly banned" Pool

Sure

great attempt to smear him..means nothing he's been doing great work covering this for the last year. challenging both the left and the right thru out it.

But I get it , its easier to smear and dismiss then actually consider..its the identity politic thing to do.

great attempt to smear him..means nothing he's been doing great work covering this for the last year. challenging both the left and the right thru out it.

But I get it , its easier to smear and dismiss then actually consider..its the identity politic thing to do.

It's not a smear when it's all literally true

Lol though at using identity politic as some sort of insult though

kcp12304

Banned

Identity Politics has become a new buzzword. "Don't virtue signal you hipster sjw".

so him eating while interviewing these people while actively saying he's not on anyone side is what you got..dinner pics?
This is the same kind of logic that leads to idiots like Josh Harkinson calling Dave Rubin Alt-Right.

Also lol Dave Rubin. Dude did work for Dennis Pager

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke

Well it is a shameful thing to me, sorry.

As well it is a smear since your grossly misrepresenting the facts somehow to discredit his reporting integrity

Even Salon of all places objectively can see Pool took the opportunity to go and do what good freelance reporters do..report on what he found, not what others wanted him to find.
http://www.salon.com/2017/02/28/watch-infowars-sponsored-journalists-trip-to-malmo-sweden-finds-little-evidence-of-muslim-crime-wave/

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Identity Politics has become a new buzzword. "Don't virtue signal you hipster sjw".

Also lol Dave Rubin. Dude did work for Dennis Pager

What does it matter that Dave made a video for PragerU? That to you confirms he's Alt-Right or doing work for a Conservative organization in general is the problem? Daves video on the Left no longer being Liberal was honest, poignant and timely. I loved that video.

Well it is a shameful thing to me, sorry.

As well it is a smear since your grossly misrepresenting the facts somehow to discredit his reporting integrity

Even Salon of all places objectively can see Pool took the opportunity to go and do what good freelance reporters do..report on what he found, not what others wanted him to find.
http://www.salon.com/2017/02/28/watch-infowars-sponsored-journalists-trip-to-malmo-sweden-finds-little-evidence-of-muslim-crime-wave/

What is shameful? What do you even mean by identity politic?

https://www.thelocal.se/20170301/police-told-me-to-leave-rinkeby-us-journalist-tim-pool

Also everything I said was true. He was paid by InfoWars, he did in fact say Alex Jones doesn't make things up and he did in fact defend Milo's racist abuse of Leslie Jones and claim he was unjustly banned by twitter

kcp12304

Banned
What does it matter that Dave made a video for PragerU? That to you confirms he's Alt-Right or doing work for a Conservative organization in general is the problem? Daves video on the Left no longer being Liberal was honest, poignant and timely. I loved that video.

It's a bad video (poor understanding of Liberalism historically) and I wouldn't do a video for a man who said Hetersexual AIDs was manufactured by the left

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
It's a bad video (poor understanding of Liberalism historically) and I wouldn't do a video for a man who said Hetersexual AIDs was manufactured by the left

Fair Enough I disagree with assessment of the video but *shrug whateva*
Pragers view on this from what? 10 years ago? isn't well thought out I can see that. Not sure he's still waving that flag.

Don't see why that justifies calling Dave Rubin Alt-Right as a way to discrete his position on Liberalism tho.

kcp12304

Banned
Fair Enough I disagree with assessment of the video but *shrug whateva*
Pragers view on this from what? 10 years ago? isn't well thought out I can see that. Not sure he's still waving that flag.

Don't see why that justifies calling Dave Rubin Alt-Right as a way to discrete his position on Liberalism tho.

Those views weren't at all OK then and you can't just assume he doesn't believe that. These are disgusting belifs and not just some flag that can easily be put down. Maybe pause before you make excuses for someone who has said many anti-LGBT things.

Never called him Alt-Right though looking at his Twitter feed he retweets them a lot. He has these Alt-Right people on an never challenges their shitty views.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Also everything I said was true. He was paid by InfoWars, he did in fact say Alex Jones doesn't make things up and he did in fact defend Milo's racist abuse of Leslie Jones and claim he was unjustly banned by twitter

Tim "Got paid by InfoWars to do anti-immigrant propaganda in Sweden"
is not an honest assessment in anyway shape or form. so yes your trying to smear rather then just look at his coverage of Antifa.

Tim got funding to go investigate, then setup a go fund me to pay for the rest of the expenses and reported on what he found.

anyways moving on

I think David Rubin panders to those on the alt-right. It's not that much of a stretch to associate him with those people.

Who has he interviewed on the alt-right? I'm talking about people who openly state they are part of the alt-right.

Edit: the fact that Trevor Noah is an enemy now is part of the problem. You set the bar so low almost anyone can trip over it. You're playing yourself.

kcp12304

Banned
Who has he interviewed on the alt-right? I'm talking about people who openly state they are part of the alt-right.

Edit: the fact that Trevor Noah is an enemy now is part of the problem. You set the bar so low almost anyone can trip over it. You're playing yourself.

Laura Southern who defends Richard Spencer in his interview.

Does Lauren call herself Alt-right? This doesn't meet my criteria. Save me the guilty by association 10 levels deep BS

She thinks white genocide is real

also didn't she get kicked off of patreon for funding anti-immigrant "activism" *cough*Actual terrorism*cough*

I don't think defending Lauren is a good hill to die on, but by all means

I mean Rex isn't exactly a big supporter of social justice so I'm not surprised

He's waxed romantically about Milo with a mix of the left are the real fascists

If I were to characterize Yiannopoulos I’d put him down as a right-wing, more sophisticated version of Jon Stewart. He is certainly more clever. There is a relaxed quality to his goading of the politically correct hordes that Stewart’s more determined sneering never really achieved

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex...s-dont-realize-its-them-not-milo-yiannopoulos

Here's him being transphobic as a means of insulting Trudeau for some reason

To say he was a hit is pure understatement. The fashion press – Vogue, Elle, Huffington Post – was in full swoon mode, as were most of the attendees, one of the latter capturing the rapture with this observation: “He’s tailor-made for a conference like this. He checks every box you could want, except for actually being a woman.” And with “gender roles” being revised it seems every minute these days, who’s to say that by next year he (she) won’t be able, even eager, to tick off that box too.

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex...lass/wcm/999ed291-61f0-4784-9f25-11a1da813fcc

Here's him romanticizing Confederate statues in an attempt to boths sides Charlottesville

The monuments to past heroes of the American experiment, in a mob-tempest of retrospective indignation, have been dragged by night off their pedestals.

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex...become-unhinged-and-not-only-because-of-trump

last week’s clash between neo-Nazis and antifa protestors, and car killing, in Charlottesville

Reducing Charlottesville to just a clash between nazis and antifa ... when the counter protesters were far more diverse.

Rex is erudite but yeah no surprise that he's motivated to make the left the real fascists.

Oh and from your own link

And for all the talk of “right-wing violence” now, and of “white supremacists” (they are a scorned and miserable sub-sub-minority of malcontents),

Literally downplaying the white supremacists while making antifa the true enemy. This isn't even both sides

And the New York Times too! It's a direct 180 to how it was during the election. You see it in the way, some posters are attacking posters who do not support political violence. Everyone is a moderate (an enemy) and no cost is to high.

The problem is really highlighted by the way, the common person (not your average Gaffer) dissects events. See the way, Morning Joe responds to the Berkely incident; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkveKfB5kq8

Chomsky is right about that antifa is playing out as a gift to the right.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Literally downplaying the white supremacists while making antifa the true enemy. This isn't even both sides

no he wasn't that's a disturbing misrepresentation by you again.
at least show the complete sentence, better yet the paragraph..the rest of it puts the first statement in context , something you intentionally leave out.

And for all the talk of “right-wing violence” now, and of “white supremacists” (they are a scorned and miserable sub-sub-minority of malcontents), actual violence by the black-clad mobs — as long as it is simply called anti-fascist — gets a free halo. It earns either no mention, no condemnation if mentioned, or if condemned done in a plaintive whisper of sadness and rue that antifa violence might give ammunition to the dread “right wing.” The kind of reporting that gives sophism a bad name.

at least show the complete sentence, better yet the paragraph..the rest of it puts the first statement in context , something you intentionally leave out.

Wow, yeah, he’s right - absolutely nobody is talking about violence from the left, real or hugely exaggerated. Very brave of you to say it, Rex.

Dude he puts right wing violence in and white supremacists in quotations which is his way of dismissing their existence... see my quote of his transphobic nonsense where he does the same with "gender roles". The rest of the quote is literally what I said it was accusing the left of being the violent ones. He says "right wing violence" but when talking of antifa he says actual violence.

Like all you did was accidentally expand on my statement.

kcp12304

Banned

That "context" didn't help. First, it isn't true. Antifa get's talked about by major media and it's not positive. (CNN's report).

He also downplays Neo-Nazis

A neo-Nazi and/or white supremacist threat to American democracy exists only in the heads of those who read Marvel Comics for news and think Twitter is a medium for sentient beings

Neo-Nazis killed someone in an ISIS style attack in America. If a Muslim did that this dude wouldn't be downplaying like this.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Dude he puts right wing violence in and white supremacists in quotations which is his way of dismissing their existence...

that's not a dismissal. why would you see that as a dismissal? Its a disclaimer so those that are obtuse won't assume his criticism of Antifa is somehow an approval of white supremacy. Its only needed to fend off irrational ah ha! moments some are looking for.
Its ironic that him making the disclaimer in your view means its dismissive..if he hadn't made it you'd probably then suggest he was a quiet supporter.

Does Lauren call herself Alt-right? This doesn't meet my criteria. Save me the guilty by association 10 levels deep BS

Lol we defending Lauren Southern now? The woman who rented a boat to try to stop migrant ships? The woman who literally wrote a book called Barbarians: How Baby Boomers, Immigrants, and Islam Screwed My Generation? Lol

Top Bottom