• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Community Thread: Thrills! Chills! Kills! Despair!

Permanently A

Hey guys so I have a bit of an odd question. Unfortunately I got spoiled on a certain name from Danganronpa v3. I know his or her name, but I don't know their character design. So there is a way for me to play the game unspoiled, but only if I can actually edit the character names in the files of the game before playing. Would such a thing be possible?

Hey guys so I have a bit of an odd question. Unfortunately I got spoiled on a certain name from Danganronpa v3. I know his or her name, but I don't know their character design. So there is a way for me to play the game unspoiled, but only if I can actually edit the character names in the files of the game before playing. Would such a thing be possible?

I believe it was posible to decrypt both DR and DR2 Windows releases in order to play around with the files and rearm the game (not sure if a tool has been relased for DRAE), but as I never used the program I'm not sure if it was either based on hex-values modification or if the app was UI-based.

Of course, any programming toolchain will have to wait until the actual V3 binary is released and people get to tinker with it, but it may be possible at some point - though I don't expect something like that to be easy as it means dealing with UI, script and (possible) scene changes that may expose anyone to spoilers depending on how the internal files are organized.

If you change the character's name, wouldn't you then recognise the changed name too?

Zeroro

Also, wouldn't you have to play the game muted for this to work? All of their introductions would be voiced.

Getting spoiled this close to release is a bummer. I've had some details spoiled, but I'm still largely okay... I think.

daevious

I think you're getting too worked up over this. Any attempt the try and correct what you've accidently found is only going to make it worse.

The actual best course of action you can take is to do nothing at all. If you let it go, you'll forget it in due time.

Permanently A

I believe it was posible to decrypt both DR and DR2 Windows releases in order to play around with the files and rearm the game (not sure if a tool has been relased for DRAE), but as I never used the program I'm not sure if it was either based on hex-values modification or if the app was UI-based.

Of course, any programming toolchain will have to wait until the actual V3 binary is released and people get to tinker with it, but it may be possible at some point - though I don't expect something like that to be easy as it means dealing with UI, script and (possible) scene changes that may expose anyone to spoilers depending on how the internal files are organized.

Thanks for the well informed post, that's a bummer.

If you change the character's name, wouldn't you then recognise the changed name too?

A friend was gonna do it for me.

Also, wouldn't you have to play the game muted for this to work? All of their introductions would be voiced.

Getting spoiled this close to release is a bummer. I've had some details spoiled, but I'm still largely okay... I think.

I was just gonna mute the first chapter and then wing it from there. Its just really disappointing because every single DR game has been spoiled for me indirectly... I thought this was the first one I could go in blind.

I think you're getting too worked up over this. Any attempt the try and correct what you've accidently found is only going to make it worse.

The actual best course of action you can take is to do nothing at all. If you let it go, you'll forget it in due time.

That's usually what I do, unfortunately the name is very similar to the name of one of my favorite anime characters so its impossible to forget.

PK Gaming

PM me, i'll try to assuage your fears

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not that I've seen, no. It's up in Australia as well. Maybe we'll get it next Tuesday.

Also from what I understand, it'll only be PS4, no Vita demo. Oh well, least I can see how Danganronpa looks on the TV for a bit before returning to Vita.

Zeroro

The demo's up on the NA PSN store now for both Vita and PS4 for people who weren't aware. I already went through it in Japanese when it first came out, but I'm gonna play through it again a little later today.

Hoshi's the best.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What's up with the sound mixing in the demo? I straight up can't hear some of the characters.
From what I understand, the voice patch/download is suppose to improve this?

Also quoting from the demo thread that Feep is returning:

Apparently I'm allowed to announce this? I'm never sure about these things, but other voice actors have announced.

You thought you were rid of me, just because it's a completely new cast?! WRONG! I maintain my kingly status as the only American voice actor to appear in every Danganronpa game, as I take up the role of Monodam. This is not a plot spoiler; Monodam has nothing to do with Byukuya. It's just that I'm *awesome* and they wanted me *back*.

I hope everyone enjoys my beeps and boops!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Okay, yeah, I looked into it & in Japan, the Vita version got a patch that improved the voice quality.

My guess is NISA wasn't able to apply this to the demo, hence why the audio sounds off. Hopefully 1.01 will already be on the cartridge when released, or at the very least be a day one patch.

Edit: Is this the first time there's been a "player discretion is advised" warning for a Danganronpa game? I was warned of "graphic images & strong language" which is kind surprising since I don't recall freakin' Ultra Despair Girls having one.

Grexeno

I'm pretty sure I'm beelining to do Free Time Events with the girl who insulted the main character's "tiny blueberry pancake nipples."

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
....damn it, now I'm tempted to switch my Vita LE pre-order to PS4, really liking how it looks on my TV, but it's sold out.

I'm pretty sure I'm beelining to do Free Time Events with the girl who insulted the main character's "tiny blueberry pancake nipples."
HAHAHAHAHA, WHAT.

I need to find this character. I can't help but laugh at the idea this was their way of joking "have fun, ya pervy artists, we gave you an idea of how you should draw rule 34 of the main character"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So what I'm hearing is, Miu is new best girl.

........................she's gonna die first, isn't she.....

Edit: I kind of understand why NISA didn't bring him back, but bummer, it doesn't seem like Johnny Yong Bosch voices Hajime Hinata in the V3 demo...

Holy crap, was Ryoma Hoshi's voice that deep in Japanese?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"robophobic"

oh my god, this game.

& the facial expressions continue to be a highlight, this face is just begging to be made into an avatar.

Edit: HEY, DO ROBOTS HAVE DICKS?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH THE VICTIM IN THE DEMO, OMG.

Also there's something hilarious using the R1 button to just slam objects out of the room, especially when it seems to help level you up.

Edit: "that spiky-headed dildo" MIU IS AMAZING.

So what's with the right analog stick thing? Something about changing your "reaction voice"??

Permanently A

I think I figured out what to do, I'll play the beginning of the game muted and block out the name sections of the screen with post-its. I still remember the name unfortunately so this is the way it has to be.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I posted this in the demo thread, but I found out what the bonus is for having save data from the demo for the full game:

- 333 Monocoins
- The Machine Gun skill from the demo, which lets you fire the silencer faster
- "Nail Brush" present that unlocks some cutscene in Ch. 1

Lusankya

I think I figured out what to do, I'll play the beginning of the game muted and block out the name sections of the screen with post-its. I still remember the name unfortunately so this is the way it has to be.

Seems quite a hassle considering they will still mention his/her name in the dialogue boxes and also speak it out loud during trial sections.

Why not just accepting the fact you're spoiled and instead wondering why and how he/she did whatever they have done and how they managed to fool the others? Is it even a big spoiler or just like the case 1 victim?

Yeah, you're better off just rolling with it. I got spoiled on 3 (possibly 4) things already, three of which were just from looking at the OST tracklist. :

caliph95

I got spoiled on the whole as always.

I got spoiled on DR2 twists by accident and I still love that game and it's my favorite one so it's not going to affect me. Spoilers stopped affecting me a while ago

Permanently A

Seems quite a hassle considering they will still mention his/her name in the dialogue boxes and also speak it out loud during trial sections.

Why not just accepting the fact you're spoiled and instead wondering why and how he/she did whatever they have done and how they managed to fool the others? Is it even a big spoiler or just like the case 1 victim?

e12.png

kewlmyc

Honest Game Trailers finally did Danganronpa but I don't know if it's safe to view or not. :p

Shows clips that could be considered spoilers from the already released games, that's it.

There's a small clip from V3 that's only uses footage from the demo though.

Lusankya

NIS America confirmed (from the sounds of it) that we should get the DLC/patch for the Vita version's higher quality audio day one when the game launches.

Although they won't fix the visuals. There are some probems when the sprites are not in their original size and then they look really jaggy. Also in a lot of scene transitions the whole image is totally blurred/pixilated in the beginning.

Imho the older games looked much better on the vita but maybe I remembered wrong as I played the PS4 version of the demo first.

Does the franchise improve as 1 goes on and into 2?

Finishing up Chapter 2 of DR1 at last and whilst I like the general vibe and gameplay, the depth to the cases and characterisation is somewhat lacking.

Grexeno

Does the franchise improve as 1 goes on and into 2?

Finishing up Chapter 2 of DR1 at last and whilst I like the general vibe and gameplay, the depth to the cases and characterisation is somewhat lacking.
I would say Danganronpa 2 definitely improves on those two things.

Top Bottom