• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

Honestly, I'm not sure there's any reasonable information we can get from francop's death at this stage. It was N1, so mafia haven't had the ability to use any investigative roles yet. Their decision to kill was based purely on D1. They don't need to kill any player who was looked at suspisciously, because they can count on town to do that for them. Every single person except CzarTim got voted for at least once, but francop was probably one of the least pushed on, which implies he is relatively well trusted, which makes him a good lynch target. That's not to imply his vote choices were right - as mafia, I don't kill people who fos'd me because it is difficult to explain the next day (instead, I kill people who fos the people who fos me - difficult for them to explain). If anything, they probably weren't.

What's more useful than "who did mafia kill" is "who did mafia not kill". Mafia avoided killing PRs, which I thought was interesting, but they're probably trying to steer away from the obvious kills because there will be protection on them. Alternatively, at least one of the "PRs" we have so far are scum, which I'm increasingly thinking is not at all unlikely in Makai's case. I also think it is interesting that CzarTim is still alive - he went totally unvoted for yesterday, is a top poster, seems well trusted, and contributes what appears like relatively useful information. Right now I'd peg that as mafia avoiding obvious targets, but the longer CzarTim survives, the more suspiscious I would get of him particularly.

Uh except I voted for and was suspicious of franconp. So by your logic he shouldn't have been targeted.

Also I don't really see CzarTim as trusted, and I can't remember what useful information he contributed yesterday.

CzarTim

Uh except I voted for and was suspicious of franconp. So by your logic he shouldn't have been targeted.

Also I don't really see CzarTim as trusted, and I can't remember what useful information he contributed yesterday.

man you arent paying attention at all dude

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

I said francop was one of the *least* pushed on, not that he was never pushed on. If you look at yesterday's voting patterns, *Splinter, francop, and Zippedpinhead were the only players to get voted no more than once (and CzarTim no times), and Zippedpinhead still had an active vote (and push) right at the very end of day, so after CzarTim, francop or *Splinter were the two 'least suspected' players.

As to the second, if you think that, why aren't you fosing him, or pushing on him in any way? Why so passive? You did that yesterday, too - you wouldn't push on me until prompted heavily. Why won't you get your hands dirty?

*Splinter

Every single person except CzarTim got voted for at least once,
I agree with most of your assessment, fran didn't commit to much yesterday (so on the bright side we have some cowardly Despair, I guess).
I'm getting déjà vu on this quote though. Who voted for Pau and Kalor? (I did check (my notes) this time)

This happened to me last game and it was lame.

Czartim last game you drilled down on two people and practically said that after lynching those people the next smartest move was to lynch you... We can't overthink our roles

Kgtrep, since you've used your role you are little more than an ordinary hope now. It's not the smart move, but it's the one I feel the best with.

vote:kgtrep

Team crab.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I agree with most of your assessment, fran didn't commit to much yesterday (so on the bright side we have some cowardly Despair, I guess).
I'm getting déjà vu on this quote though. Who voted for Pau and Kalor? (I did check (my notes) this time)

huh, mea culpa. I counted 21 players being voted for, but I forgot that we'd had two replacements, so Ty4on and TL21xx are technically the same players as ANuclearError and A Human becoming. You're right, Pau and Kalor were never voted for. I'm not surprised they never killed Pau, she's quite quiet so they don't really have to worry about her influencing town. You're right that Kalor is an odd one out.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
also mafia if i dont get lynched today can you kill Czar and not me so i can overtake his post count?

love,
Crab

SalvaPot

Voted for Crab (7)
kgtrep
CornBurrito
*Splinter
Rest
Makai
Terrabyte20xx
Crab

Voted for kgtrep (4)
CzarTim
SalvaPot
goshujinsama
TL21xx

Have yet to vote:
Sawneeks
ViviOggi
Pau
swamped
Kalor
Zippedpinhead
AbsolutBro
Barrylocke
kingkitty

I think I did not miss anyone.

I said francop was one of the *least* pushed on, not that he was never pushed on. If you look at yesterday's voting patterns, *Splinter, francop, and Zippedpinhead were the only players to get voted no more than once (and CzarTim no times), and Zippedpinhead still had an active vote (and push) right at the very end of day, so after CzarTim, francop or *Splinter were the two 'least suspected' players.

As to the second, if you think that, why aren't you fosing him, or pushing on him in any way? Why so passive? You did that yesterday, too - you wouldn't push on me until prompted heavily. Why won't you get your hands dirty?

The thing is that franconp was pushed on very close to the end of the vote. Thus of those three you listed, he'd be the most pushed on,

b3SHkbs.jpg

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The thing is that franconp was pushed on very close to the end of the vote. Thus of those three you listed, he'd be the most pushed on,

Zipped had an active vote when the game ended - he was Terrabyte's vote for D1's end. francop's sole vote was from you, but even you openly admitted you'd rather be voting me, so it was a very soft vote.

Regardless, I'm not sure how debating the order of *Splinter vs. francop as "most unnoticed" helps us. The most information it gives us is that *Splinter is perhaps slightly more scummy as a result, given he got passed over, but honestly I don't think mafia sat down and calculated "most unnoticed", I think they probably just picked a player they thought was obscure and francop just happened to be the one that came to mind. Or is there some important reason why you're saying this?

Why did everyone seem to agree that we should discuss other stuff but then we keep pushing away any discussion? We really can't discuss anything today? Nothing at all? We can't do what I suggested and pretend it is D3 and threaten people with D3 votes?

crab, my fellow mafia teammate, we must stop posting similar things at the same time. it looks suspicious

You are trying very hard to put it in our heads that you and Crab absolutely MUST be on the same side. I think Crab is Hope. But that doesn't mean you are. This whole "yeah we are both mafia lol" thing is to make us go scoff at the idea you are mafia when Crab actually ends up as Hope.

oh right i forgot I lead the lynch on myself lol

man I was sick

Like I said we all overthink it some times.

Massive game spoilers/ role theory: proceed with caution!

i'be been thinking about makai... Lucky student... If I was going to take role claim and I had only played the first game that is exactly the role I would fake. Important but not ultimate detective, ultimate nurse, ultimate despair (lol at claiming that one), ultimate writer/ultimate serial killer (I am betting on two kills tonight and one player can only kill on opposite nights, one night they are ultimate writer, the next ultimate serial killer), ultimate team manager (two kill role), ultimate fortune teller, and ultimate hope.

That leaves two roles as almost guaranteed to be in the game: ultimate lucky student, and ultimate affluent prodigy.

The problem with that is lucky student changes drastically between game one and two. Game one lucky student could be any power, kind of a blank slate, but game two lucky student? The only part of that role that fits a standard mafia game would be "if you kill this player at night the attacking player dies the next day".

Makai im posting this so that you can NOT confirm your ability. Let the despair stew a bit on your role. If you aren't faking you could eliminate a despair for us.

That's why I don't think makai died last night, but if you are faking this role... Well I know I'm not lucky...

Makai

Why did everyone seem to agree that we should discuss other stuff but then we keep pushing away any discussion? We really can't discuss anything today? Nothing at all? We can't do what I suggested and pretend it is D3 and threaten people with D3 votes?
Because this is all just a ploy for Crab to slip away. Vote, guys. Read kgtrep's Scene02 and Scene03 if you haven't.

CzarTim

You are trying very hard to put it in our heads that you and Crab absolutely MUST be on the same side. I think Crab is Hope. But that doesn't mean you are. This whole "yeah we are both mafia lol" thing is to make us go scoff at the idea you are mafia when Crab actually ends up as Hope.
you must be a blast at parties

then post some reads then. why are you asking people to do something you havent

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I am on mobile and don't really feel like searching via mobile.

Crab, you said CzarTim contributed useful stuff. Can you give any specific post?

#343 points out how bad No Lynch is and highlights my absence, the following 343 calls out Oceanic Air, #360 is calling out you for word-heavy content-low posts, #501 calls out kingkitty for rolefishing, the following few push him for reads (which are given), #539 questioning me on what I think of kingkitty (to which I answered), #551 is pointing out that answering other people's questions is scummy (which he's right about), #681 gives his reads and echoes my opinion on Mak (and given we're using such similar logic, if you buy that he's not Hope you should also buy I'm not innately scummy), and so on.

I got bored at this point, dude has over 150 posts. They're often not particularly wordy but he's throwing things out there and I'm not sure what's going on if you're not seeing them. That doesn't necessarily mean he's Hope, but I think, at this early stage, it is somewhat likely. If he's still alive by like D5, I'd start getting very, very cautious, though.

*Splinter

Actually that's an interesting point. I'm looking through my notes on accusations made (I like these even better, since people can be cagey with votes) and Kalor's name doesn't show up once... In all the flip flopping day 1 craziness, Kalor literally didn't get a mention (as far as I can see, anyway)

Gotta clarify that team manager role. It's essentially Duress's role from "when death is on the line": it takes two night kills to kill that player.

#freecrab

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I would like to see how Kalor, CzarTim, Barrylocke, Sawneeks, Pau and AbsolutBro vote today, I'll say that.

Because this is all just a ploy for Crab to slip away. Vote, guys. Read kgtrep's Scene02 and Scene03 if you haven't.

Possible. Though I really believe Crab is Hope at this point. I have no trust for CzarTim though. He is using this to deflect future suspicion awa from him p.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
OceanicAir got replaced. Kalor is still in, as far as I know.

#343 points out how bad No Lynch is and highlights my absence, the following 343 calls out Oceanic Air, #360 is calling out you for word-heavy content-low posts, #501 calls out kingkitty for rolefishing, the following few push him for reads (which are given), #539 questioning me on what I think of kingkitty (to which I answered), #551 is pointing out that answering other people's questions is scummy (which he's right about), #681 gives his reads and echoes my opinion on Mak (and given we're using such similar logic, if you buy that he's not Hope you should also buy I'm not innately scummy), and so on.

I got bored at this point, dude has over 150 posts. They're often not particularly wordy but he's throwing things out there and I'm not sure what's going on if you're not seeing them. That doesn't necessarily mean he's Hope, but I think, at this early stage, it is somewhat likely. If he's still alive by like D5, I'd start getting very, very cautious, though.

Thanks for these. I do appreciate it.

CzarTim

Keep deflecting with disrespectful (and against the rules) ad hominems.

dude, I say this outside of everything else, but this is an internet game with zero stakes. We're here to have fun. It feels like you are taking everything super seriously and I just can't do that. None of this matters.

Me joking with crab and AB is just that, jokes. go read star wars, I did the same thing there. it shouldnt be indicative of my alignment. I've given reads and stated my opinion on everything in this game and also posted jokes. so once again do you have a specific question for me or are you going to keep talking around what you are implying: that I'm scum? Because I'm not.

Top Bottom