• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daniel Cormier reinstated as UFC light heavyweight champion

Doran902

They should Lance Armstrong Jon Jones. It sucks that Daniel had to get ko'd like that and get the belt back because of this cluster, he deserves better.

darscot

nP6eTO7.png

https://twitter.com/JonnyBones/status/908395977781821440

do you believe him?

Stolen from the other thread but check out that twitter. LOL

blackflag

It's a terrible loss for fight fans that we're missing a lot of Jon Jones' career. I think he's the best ever, and I really doubt steroids were the deciding factor in his victories.

BS and I've taken them and on TRT so I know how much they do and he does as well. He felt he needed to do them for some reason...what was the reason?

Was the reason he took them because he thought he could win without them?

pixelation

Sorry but i cannot see him as the legitimate champion, he never beat Jones. Yes Jones was not clean for the last bout and possibly even the first one, but the point stands Cormier never beat Jones so he'll always be a paper champion to me.

Sorry but i cannot see him as the legitimate champion, he never beat Jones. Yes Jones was not clean for the last bout and possibly even the first one, but the point stands Cormier never beat Jones so he'll always be a paper champion to me.

It's an ugly, shitty situation but he's the champ. It doesn't really matter how you see him. This is a situation that will never get any real resolution. There's already enough fake titles in the UFC to start introducing meaningless fan designations like yours about who the "real" champ is.

pixelation

It's an ugly, shitty situation but he's the champ. It doesn't really matter how you see him. This is a situation that will never get any real resolution. There's already enough fake titles in the UFC to start introducing meaningless fan designations like yours about who the "real" champ is.

Hey man that's just my opinion. Sorry but it will most likely not change, Cormier to me is not the real champion. Unfair?, maybe... fuck Jones but he was never beat by Cormier.

VeeP

That's cool. I feel similar about Jones. If he took steroids in these fights, he probably took them against Rampage, Evans, etc. I honestly thought Jones was gonna make history, but dude has been using and abusing all along probably. I have to wonder how many of his "victories" were done with steroids, smh.

Hey man that's just my opinion. Sorry but it will most likely not change, Cormier to me is not the real champion. Unfair?, maybe... fuck Jones but he was never beat by Cormier.

That's like saying "the sky is green that's just my opinion". Cormier being the champ is a fact. It's not something to be argued, and doing so is a waste of breath.

Mr. Ninja Scooter, have you ever heard about "alternative facts"?

I mean, at least in the past there was always the potential of a Jones/DC fight on the horizon, if Bones could keep his shit together long enough, that could feed into the narrative. Now? Bones is not fighting again for at a minimum 2 years, if not 4. DC is 38 years old. That ship has sailed. Not sure what the point in playing "What if?" is anymore.

AAK

I highly doubt anybody is clean in sports with that much money on the line. Just some people are smart about not getting caught.

Good. Fuck Jones. Motherfucker had the age, reach, and fighting IQ and still cheated. What a waste of talent. Makes me wonder if he was on roids when he destroyed Shogun.

Top Bottom