• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danny Phantom Mafia |OT| Your lynch doesn't stand a ghost of a chance!

I dunno, I mean, gut reads are pretty moot in the face of actual circumstantial incrimination, namely Flame's hammer-vote and Royal_Flush's typo; seems to me that you're making a bad decision leaving these two for later, rather than dealing with them now, especially when StarSketch hasn't made similar slip-ups herself.

Why do I keep thinking there's something odd about the Royal/Darryl/Blarg combination? I don't have any solid evidence for those three, and yet my gut keeps telling me there's scum among one of those three.

I'm not bothered too much about them actually, Blarg/Darryl don't seem too out of the ordinary and Flush seems annoyed by blarg harping on what I see as a harmless mistake. But you could also bring attention to any 3 people and they would have a somewhat decent chance of being hitting scum especially since that they are among the most active.

You're not alone in that thought. Darryl doesn't seem as aggressive as I associate with him as a town player. Blarg is pushing this typo as a scumtell narrative despite there not being much traction for it. I think Flush has spent more time defending himself than anything else.

None of this is really solid enough for me to place a vote on them though.

I feel that Darryl was playing a similar game in gods personally and he was town there. But I don't really see how a SS lynch is more worthy than the reasons that you described, especially since you called it a gut read.

I'm not really feeling a SS or Flame lynch actually, but since I'd rather see SS than Flame be lynched and I'll her in the end if it comes down to it but

vote: Trigger

This is how I feel personally. He just rubs me the wrong way, between not really mentioning Blarg's questionable behavior (although there were others) and just the tone of his posts make me feel wary.

Are there any other candidates besides Flame/SS that anybody else is looking at?

On a side note I'm thinking that Xam/kitty might be some sort of neutral with the very odd play that Xam had and both Xam/kitty had both made claims (xam with a mason and kitty with miller)

Ty4on

So, Blarg/Trigger, here's what I'm thinking right now: We're 40 something minutes away from the deadline, and basically nobody is talking. Now I'm starting to wonder if we're really making a mistake or not. Surely scum would try to fight harder to save their own, unless they felt Flame was a lost cause, right...?

The mafia terminology post I saw for this year's championship had this:
Dead Air, Dead Villager (abbreviated as "DADV") - A theory hailing from 2+2's mafia community that if there are few or no posts being made reasonably close to night, the lead wagon is a villager (townie).

Full Mafia Terminology post.

Sophia

Reading over Royal's posts, the only thing that really seems like defending himself right off the bat is the whole thing with Blarg pushing the "slipup."

I'll look over and see if I can find any other post that supports Trigger's POV, but I'm not seeing it yet.

The mafia terminology post I saw for this year's championship had this:

Full Mafia Terminology post.

That... is an awesome term o_o;

Flame_AC

If you all want me to claim I will, I agree with those that say I'm an easy lynch today.

What do we think about lynching Kingkitty/Xam, it gets us out of the loop of StarSketch and I.

Honestly, if I end up going down today, I end up going down. I'm really weirded out by the lack of scum defense here though.

If Flame is scum, shouldn't there be more resistance than this?

Flame_AC

Kind of hard to argue when it's not any type of debatable point, it's a pure difference in opinion as to how I handled the end of the day.

Great, now we're getting buzzwords in here

How's this for one: Buzzwords, Buzzkill; call it "BUBU", I made that up myself, just now

A theory hailing from GAF's mafia community

dine-in, take-out, free delivery

Flame_AC

I'm not technically a resident of Amity Park, but I am an ally to Danny Phantom. I'm Frostbite, ruler of the Far Frozen. I am a roleblocker who is able to win the game on my own if I successfully block three different people. There's a little more, but I wouldn't want to give it all away in case I do survive.

Sophia

I'm not technically a resident of Amity Park, but I am an ally to Danny Phantom. I'm Frostbite, ruler of the Far Frozen. I am a roleblocker who is able to win the game on my own if I successfully block three different people. There's a little more, but I wouldn't want to give it all away in case I do survive.

So, you're a neutral?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
vpUCIbp.jpg

starsketch (3)
cornburrito 539
rats off to ya 766
ty4on 778 (779)
trigger 786

flame_ac (8)
blargonaut 551 (596)
matt attack 606
royal_flush 607
darryl 741
sophia 745
blargonaut 762
melonrabbit 767
kingkitty 773
ultron87 809

xamtheking (3)
giant panda 573
xamtheking 574
flame_ac 666 (742)
theworthyedge 672

blargonaut (0)
flame_ac 594 (666)

royal_flush (0)
blargonaut 596 (707)

giant panda (2)
gryvan 604 (660)
blargonaut 707 (762)
ty4on 710 (778)
stanleypalmtree 776
ty4on 779

el topo (0)
trigger 668 (671)

ultron87 (0)
darryl 675 (702)
darryl 702 (741)

darryl (0)
darryl 702 (702)
darryl 702 (702)

no lynch (0)
darryl 702 (702)
darryl 702 (702)

cornburrito (1)
starsketch 715

oceanicair (1)
gryvan 716

rats off to ya (0)
ultron87 759 (809)

trigger (1)
oceanicair 803

Day 2 ends in:
gre_1466182800.png

^And that coming from a self-proclaimed huge fan of the series that is this game's theme, who's waited, what, 2 seasons for the chance to play in this game?

Did you really think I'd believe any role name you claimed?

pls

Ty4on

Reading the fluff about the freezing being a roleblocker makes sense.

Flame_AC

I win if only Amity Park residents remain or if I block the three people, so for all intents and purposes I'm town until I can get on a roll with blocking.

Who did you block N1?

What's wrong with it Blarg?

What's wrong with it is what isn't wrong with it. You got a self-professed fan of the theme who just so happens to claim Roleblocker whilst conveniently tying in a "frost"-type character, freezing flavour to his kinda-Town-but-wait-there's-more traditionally anti-Town Role?

*chuckle*

Ty4on

What's wrong with it is what isn't wrong with it. You got a self-professed fan of the theme who just so happens to claim Roleblocker whilst conveniently tying in a "frost"-type character, freezing flavour to his kinda-Town-but-wait-there's-more traditionally anti-Town Role?

*chuckle*

If it's a mafia fake claim, wouldn't a town character make more sense?

Sophia

I've got a vote post ready to break a tie.

I don't really care who gets lynched as long as it isn't me. Blarg/Xam/Star/whoever are all ready to be voted on.

This post is a slight indication of a neutral or scum alignment at any rate, what with not caring who gets lynched....

I dunno, I mean, gut reads are pretty moot in the face of actual circumstantial incrimination, namely Flame's hammer-vote and Royal_Flush's typo; seems to me that you're making a bad decision leaving these two for later, rather than dealing with them now, especially when StarSketch hasn't made similar slip-ups herself.

I don't see what was wrong with his vote at the end since we could've gone towards a no lynch though. My main issue with this lynch is that if he flips town all we're going to do is go back towards a SS lynch tomorrow, this feels like scum is trying to set up successive lynches

Flame_AC

Well, of course I'm an ordinary townie. Had to see if I could get something though, see how people would react. Maybe some of y'all might be able to glean some information from how people treated the votes and behavior after my claim compared to before.

Bye everyone, thanks a lot Terra for the game design.

Terrabyte20xx

AeGXE4N.gif

"As the curtain calls on yet another day, I see you have chosen your candidate for who shall be banished, perhaps you shall have better luck this time... and perhaps not."

Flame_AC has been banished.

You are an Ordinary Townie.

You are aligned with Amity Park(Town)

You’re not quite sure where you are or why you were chosen to be here. You’re sick of ghosts messing up your town and just want to be left alone. But the only way back home is to “end the conflict” so might as well get this over and done with.

You have the power to VOTE in the game thread.

You win when only Amity Park players remain.

The game thread is: here

Good Luck

"Ponder these results closely, and maybe you can improve next time."

j6pNdKf.jpg

Night 2 will end in:
gre_1466442000.png

RetroMG

We interrupt your night phase with an important announcement.

Folks, we've had an unusually large number of players dropping out so far this season. Obviously we know that real life takes precedence, and that's okay. But we are out of replacements.

If you are still active in a game, we would ask that you make every effort to stay in the game before dropping out.

If you have died in a game, please consider subbing in to another game rather than just going to the dead thread.

Thank you.

Terrabyte20xx

6cwN8Xn.jpg

AeGXE4N.gif

"The night has ended and the day has begun anew. As someone who exists outside of time I must say that it was quite fun to observe."

In the night, Sophia was Ghosted.

You are an Ordinary Townie.

You are aligned with Amity Park(Town)

You’re not quite sure where you are or why you were chosen to be here. You’re sick of ghosts messing up your town and just want to be left alone. But the only way back home is to “end the conflict” so might as well get this over and done with.

You have the power to VOTE in the game thread.

You win when only Amity Park players remain.

The game thread is: here

Good Luck

[f] melonrabbit
[m] OceanicAir
[m] SkyOdin
[m] Giant Panda
[m] StanleyPalmtree
[m] gryvan
[m] Flame_AC
[-] Enker
[m] Rats Off to Ya
[m] CrimsonFist
[m] TheWorthyEdge
[m] Trigger
[m] Xamtheking KingKitty
[m] Royal_Flush
[f] StarSketch
[m] Ty4on
[m] Matt Attack
[m] El Topo [f] Sophia
[m] CornBurrito
[m] Blargonaut
[m] ultron87
[-] Darryl

17 Players remain. Majority is at 9.

Day 3 will end in:
gre_1466787600.png

Day 3 begins

Ty4on

[f] melonrabbit
[m] OceanicAir
[m] SkyOdin
[m] Giant Panda
[m] StanleyPalmtree
[m] gryvan
[m] Flame_AC
[-] Enker
[m] Rats Off to Ya
[m] CrimsonFist
[m] TheWorthyEdge
[m] Trigger
[m] Xamtheking KingKitty
[m] Royal_Flush
[f] StarSketch
[m] Ty4on
[m] Matt Attack
[m] El Topo [f] Sophia
[m] CornBurrito
[m] Blargonaut
[m] ultron87
[-] Darryl

16 Players remain. Majority is at 9.
16 players?

1 - [f] melonrabbit
2 - [m] OceanicAir
[m] SkyOdin
3 - [m] Giant Panda
4 - [m] StanleyPalmtree
5 - [m] gryvan
[m] Flame_AC
[-] Enker
6 - [m] Rats Off to Ya
[m] CrimsonFist
7 - [m] TheWorthyEdge
8 - [m] Trigger
9 - [m] Xamtheking KingKitty
10 - [m] Royal_Flush
11 - [f] StarSketch
12 - [m] Ty4on
13 - [m] Matt Attack
[m] El Topo [f] Sophia
14 - [m] CornBurrito
15 - [m] Blargonaut
16 - [m] ultron87
17 - [-] Darryl

Terrabyte20xx

16 players?

1 - [f] melonrabbit
2 - [m] OceanicAir
[m] SkyOdin
3 - [m] Giant Panda
4 - [m] StanleyPalmtree
5 - [m] gryvan
[m] Flame_AC
[-] Enker
6 - [m] Rats Off to Ya
[m] CrimsonFist
7 - [m] TheWorthyEdge
8 - [m] Trigger
9 - [m] Xamtheking KingKitty
10 - [m] Royal_Flush
11 - [f] StarSketch
12 - [m] Ty4on
13 - [m] Matt Attack
[m] El Topo [f] Sophia
14 - [m] CornBurrito
15 - [m] Blargonaut
16 - [m] ultron87
17 - [-] Darryl
Miscounted, thanks.

Darryl

Banned
Well, that's not surprising. Sophia was being helpful and active.

I missed the end of last day phase unfortunately. I don't think the outcome would have been different. Flame_AC was still fighting to save his life instead of helping town find a better lynch target. Pretty scummy.

I want to turn this upside down a bit. The people I was giving passes before are now last immunity.

Vote: Trigger

Trigger has been shockingly unhelpful and has largely just chimed in to agree. Has had plenty of time to attempt to post something insightful and hasn't. Why aren't you scum?

Other hunches includes Ultron87. He had a pointless bandwagon vote at the end of the day. Probably feels he needed to place a vote somewhere after not voting day 1. Seems like a clairvoyant vote.

Stanleypalmtree had also been voting clairvoyantly. Dude has now managed to stay out of every squabble so far.

Alrighty then, only one person was killed last night. So I'm guessing a neutral/mafia was responsible for the first double kill.

I do find it interesting that out of the people that lynched SkyOdin only StarSketch and Darryl are still alive. Additionally, Darryl is the only person to vote for both lynched members. Although, Sophia was likely killed because of how she was coming into the game though.

I'm going to start my day with how I ended the last one

vote: Trigger

Ty4on

[...]

I want to turn this upside down a bit. The people I was giving passes before are now last immunity.

Vote: Trigger

Trigger has been shockingly unhelpful and has largely just chimed in to agree. Has had plenty of time to attempt to post something insightful and hasn't. Why aren't you scum?

Other hunches includes Ultron87. He had a pointless bandwagon vote at the end of the day. Probably feels he needed to place a vote somewhere after not voting day 1. Seems like a clairvoyant vote.

Stanleypalmtree had also been voting clairvoyantly. Dude has now managed to stay out of every squabble so far.
I was just looking at those three just before the day started. Trigger and Stanley have been in my blindspot while ultron have been coasting. I especially don't like his vote on Rats yesterday. Feels more like "hey, look at this guy instead of me." instead of someone actually scumhunting.
Vote: Rats Off To Ya

Even coastier than me, which is impressive. Basically just popping in to point out easy holes in arguments and say how totally impressive Darryl is. It's all ingratiation to be friendly.

---------------

I didn't go very in depth, but Trigger struck me as a bit towny for going after StarSketch D2 and for challenging the Flame lynch. It didn't look like a scum attempting to go "told you so" after the flip.

Stanley has stayed out of conflicts as you said, but I like his tone. Weaker read than Trigger, but he doesn't look like scum who is trying to hide.

I've gotta make a more in-depth read after mowing the lawn, but for now:
VOTE: ultron87

Hm...I don't understand why everyones going for Trigger. Because he hasn't contributed enough?

Seems especially odd to me given that people were town reading Xam despite literally 0 helpful contributions on his part. Though KingKitty replaced him so maybe that's why he gets a pass.

I'm reluctant to jump right away into a Trigger bandwagon, but it isn't like I town read Trigger either.

Seems especially odd to me given that people were town reading Xam despite literally 0 helpful contributions on his part. Though KingKitty replaced him so maybe that's why he gets a pass.

I'm reluctant to jump right away into a Trigger bandwagon, but it isn't like I town read Trigger either.

I don't read Triggers town either but I feel the same about Xam. What did Xam do for the game? Nothing besides be a Blarg Jr. Speaking of Blarg. Usually at this point in the game he has something "valuable"to say. I feel Blarg is being much more reserves this game, so I feel like his behavior is a bit weird. Saying this, he'll read it like an invitation to get crazy again.

Trigger

Re Sophia: She was scum's best target. We're lucky she's not a PR. I agree with the notion that scum is trying to limit conversation. It's kinda odd to me that more active posters haven't targeted before now.

Why aren't you scum?

I suppose that I haven't been particularly helpful, but town as a whole hasn't been very active. If you want to me lynch for it, go ahead. You'll only be making things easier for scum.

Top Bottom