• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danny Phantom Mafia |OT| Your lynch doesn't stand a ghost of a chance!

Welcome Kark, i think your scum!

so was Danny phantom just asleep for that whole OA fiasco? what about those other 2 that your predecessor sent to the gallows?

either this is bs or DP gives really bad advice.

Trigger

After the bat computer shenanigans I don't think I'm willing to trust anything Kark says about a friend without more information.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Effective Imidiately, Kingkitty will be replaced by *Splinter

Before I go I want to say two things.

First, as you have noticed this game, and season in general has had a LOT of replaments. I know that it can really hurt the game because of so many factors. So for that I would like to apologize.

Second, I would really like to thank those of you who have stuck with all of us from the begining and who have had to put up with it.

You may now resume your regularly scheduled carnage.

Karkador

Banned
Baring something weird like that Danny turning into Dark Danny theory that someone had, I guess we can take it as a given that Danny Phantom is still out there, and he would speak up if Kark was lying about being in contact. So I'll trust Kark. But I'm not sure if I want to buy into a Ty4on lynch just yet.

Right, the theory is false, Danny is alive and well. As for Ty4on, it's time to do some homework.

so was Danny phantom just asleep for that whole OA fiasco? what about those other 2 that your predecessor sent to the gallows?

I mean, the game has been inactive, so it's hard to tell who's asleep and who's just watching from the sidelines. But TBH, this post sounds like it's fishing for information about what Danny Phantom was doing at those given moments.

After the bat computer shenanigans I don't think I'm willing to trust anything Kark says about a friend without more information.

Darryl was already calling out a player for claiming DP. It's been pretty obvious that he had this information.

Karkador, does "not a friend" mean Scum or could it also mean Neutral (or something else entirely)? I assume it was the result of some sort of investigation? What were the other results? Have you guys an OG forum or is it one-sided communication? What's your role-name?

This whole setup seems a bit weird from a mechanical POV... How many Scum are left? 4? with 10 other players? What would a semi-cop-fakeclaim do for Scum at this moment? I'm really not sure if I should believe him...

While I wait for Blarg, I wanted to comment on something about the Danny Phantom thing in the rules:

If Danny Phantom dies, we have a blind voting round the next day.

The thing is, a blind vote is not necessarily a bad thing, and not necessarily 100% blind.
We'd have an entire day to discuss with no VOTE: command allowed. However, we can certainly pledge to vote one way or another, and make coalitions. There are ways to game that situation.

The rules for that event still say the majority vote will be lynched, so scum players really won't hold a ton of sway by themselves. There is going to be a huge social bandwagoning/confusion element removed from their tactics. They're going to have to work very hard to get someone lynched, and it will be apparent.
Depending on the numbers it could be very very dangerous. Basically all of Town had to vote on one guy. Let"s say there were 3 Scum players left and the proposed vote tally would be 7-3 (with 5 Town + 2 Scum on a Scum-Player and 2+1 on a non-Scum-Player) Scum then just all could actually vote for the non-Scum-Player and it would be 5-5, creating a tie. We would not know who of those 7 were the 2 Scum players.

It's not abysmal but it's a significant disadvantage.

Picking a random out of a hat, namely Town Leader Karkadarryl's hat, is precisely what I do NOT want any of you to do anymore, with bloody fuckin' precedent

But by all means, pls, continue to feast on the RNG carrion flung from out of your obvious master's pocket, you loyalist vulture

smh
Do you have a plan B to lynching Kark?

Effective Imidiately, Kingkitty will be replaced by *Splinter

Before I go I want to say two things.

First, as you have noticed this game, and season in general has had a LOT of replaments. I know that it can really hurt the game because of so many factors. So for that I would like to apologize.

Second, I would really like to thank those of you who have stuck with all of us from the begining and who have had to put up with it.

You may now resume your regularly scheduled carnage.

Thanks for making and curating the game Terra! Can't imagine how tough it is having to find replacements and keep up with them.

Kark's claim does seem a bit strange but given how little we know how DP works it could be true. Not sure if it is enough to trust another random lynch.

Is it possible to get a recap of all the replacementsame I'm getting a little confused.

Karkador

Banned
Karkador, does "not a friend" mean Scum or could it also mean Neutral (or something else entirely)? I assume it was the result of some sort of investigation? What were the other results? Have you guys an OG forum or is it one-sided communication? What's your role-name?

Sorry, but Mr. Phantom has requested that we trickle out info, because we don't want to give away too many details that could reveal their identity. So this bit about ty4on is what Mr. Phantom feels is the most pertinent thing to share.

As for me, I wont share my exact rolename (not gonna take the risk, just in case), but I'm Danny's sibling.

Depending on the numbers it could be very very dangerous. Basically all of Town had to vote on one guy. Let"s say there were 3 Scum players left and the proposed vote tally would be 7-3 (with 5 Town + 2 Scum on a Scum-Player and 2+1 on a non-Scum-Player) Scum then just all could actually vote for the non-Scum-Player and it would be 5-5, creating a tie. We would not know who of those 7 were the 2 Scum players.

Well, I agree that it's gonna be worse if Danny dies later in the game. Honestly, it's tempting to just reveal the name and say "have at them", because It's starting to feel like a necessary evil - but I don't want to concede another Town at this juncture (and I'm like 99% sure Danny is Town).

I'm guessing scum is focusing all their attention on finding DP, and however long it may take them could, by the design of the game, line up with Town getting completely fucked when that happens.

Do you have a plan B to lynching Kark?

I'm kinda curious to hear it myself

Ty4on

I think if Danny were to die we'd all realize how important it was to be in unison. I've never experienced anything like it so who knows how it'd actually go (Batman shivers), but I can see everybody (apart from the one we're voting for...) eventually agreeing to vote for one player as scum would be able to choose of we split our vote.
Kark's claim does seem a bit strange but given how little we know how DP works it could be true. Not sure if it is enough to trust another random lynch.

Is it possible to get a recap of all the replacementsame I'm getting a little confused.
El Topo -> Sophia DEAD
Xamtheking -> kingkitty -> Splinter
Darryl -> Karkador

Are all I think?

----------------
I don't think Kark is scum. I've never seen him as scum, but I've played in a game where he fake claimed cop who had investigated me as scum.

Unless StarSketch is also scum I can't see why scum Darryl would post #1022. Blarg's post got Corn to unvote Worthy. If he's scum he's really playing with fire.

Karkador

Banned

I'm not proprosing a random lynch. I'm saying, let's take a long, hard look at ty4on.

Here's my homework on ty4on:

Day 1

- Starts by dropping a prodding vote for melonrabbit. That's an easy target to prod and look like you're contributing.
- Doesn't change that vote until voting StarSketch D1, seems to be following Trigger, who followed Enker (who's dead and Town). - "StarSketch hasn't said much, but her posts have a very cautious feel. She's probably my top scum, but not by a big margin." - Ty barely sound convinced, but when people started ruffling feathers and switching votes at the end of the day, Ty stayed put. Was it to not draw attention to yourself?

Day 2

- Votes StarSketch, following Rats' vote, who followed CornB's Pre-Written Opening Post (written by a serial killer).. The reasoning for the vote only gets weaker down the chain.

- Immediately changes vote to someone else on the next post. WTF? What happened to your momentum on StarSketch from D1? You switched because someone just barely gave a reason for voting Giant Panda?

- Pops back onto StarSketch right at the end of the day. Posts this confusing, cryptic gem of a poop-eating-grin:

Is it scummy to be honest about it?
Vote: StarSketch

Day 3

- Talks about other players, then votes ultron for no apparent reason. In this same post, he mentions this:

Stanley has stayed out of conflicts as you said, but I like his tone. Weaker read than Trigger, but he doesn't look like scum who is trying to hide.

Now, watch this...this is gonna be good:

- Ty4on then quotes a post by Stanley to call him out and drop a vote on him for "distancing himself". Are you feeling deja vu? This is the same post he responded to earlier, when he was agreeing with Stanley to vote for Giant Panda.

- Soon after, UNVOTEs Stanley. Interesting, as he has just switched votes before. Ooooooh.

- Then immediately goes for CornBurrito, with TWE.

- Then onto the bandwagon with OceanicAir. "Fuck it" was the reasoning.

Other fun facts about ty4on:

- Never once voted for TheWorthyEdge

Ty4on

Day 2[/B]

- Votes StarSketch, following Rats' vote, who followed CornB's Pre-Written Opening Post (written by a serial killer).. The reasoning for the vote only gets weaker down the chain.

- Immediately changes vote to someone else on the next post. WTF? What happened to your momentum on StarSketch from D1? You switched because someone just barely gave a reason for voting Giant Panda?
I was on Giant Panda before voting Star:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?p=207386231#post207386231
Switched because some unvoted, but didn't see Stanley's post as I wrote it and changed my vote after that.
I really should have followed that one more closely and think I just made one post pressuring Panda. I mainly wanted votes away from Flame.

The switch to Star at the end was very random. I had a bunch of prewritten votes in case of a sudden shift, but nothing happened. I don't really have a reason for that vote though. I just thought "why not" and just after it the day ended.
The comment I wrote was regarding Flame's claim. I think I sat on that post waiting for votes that never came because that reply came way too late for anyone to reply to and Flame had retracted his claim.

I haven't had good reads this game and even leaned town on Worthy for his D1 interactions.
I tend to look for town when making reads. My scum reads are really bad unless I have something big to work from so I try to make strong town reads and use process of elimination. Right now my strongest town reads are Kark, Flush (Worthy interactions for both), Splinter (for Xam's IDGAF vote) and maybe Giant Panda for sticking with his Worthy vote. The latter could have been a bus.

Your big bolded link at the bottom is wrong. I assume you mean my Giant Panda vote in response to Stanley.

Ty4on

The low activity is also a bit contagious. Doesn't help that I don't have my desktop. I souldn't blame too much on the activity because I haven't done a great job of fighting it.

I kinda liked the OS lynch because suddenly town was energized again. It was just too late. Super hindsight, but Worthy's weird distancing got me to doubt my read of him.

Karkador

Banned
Yes, I can't even megapost right. It's this one. To recap, you abandoned a vote you had been targeting since the day prior (StarSketch) to concur with this post and this vote - and then it turns out you don't agree with this post and think it's bad.

Ty, it's nothing against you personally, but TL;DR your activity in this game has been odd. I'm not saying you're playing poorly, more so that it's like something about you is not what it seems to be.

You're very active in the game (admittedly, not a huge hurdle to clear), but unlike the other top posters, practically all of your votes have been insubstantial or following someone else's lead. How do you post so much and yet not really act like a decision leader in the game?

This is all besides the fact that Phantom says you're not a friend.

Ty4on

Kark: I have like 50% of the posts per day I had in Gafia 2, but activity outside of the game (note taking ISOing players) is down.

I think it's the aggression that's different. I've been lazy at making reads (like ultron D2) and especially doubting of those I make. I've tried to focus on gryvan and Trigger today for their Worthy connection, but looking back nothing grabs me.

I did have a reason on that OA vote BTW. Thin as hell, but he had like 17 posts and I had Weemad from Gafia 2 fresh in my mind.

I'm gonna have to catch up, can someone give me a recap of flips and claims? Found any scum yet?

TheWorthyEdge is scum, CornBro is serial killer.

Danny Phantom is an important role (info in OP, what we know is him dying initiates an anonymous vote) and Karkador claims that he knows who he is and can communicate with him.

D1 - SkyOdin, ordinary was lynched
N1 - Enker, Danny Phantom enabler and Crimsonfist, ordinary were killed
D2 - FlameAC, ordinary was lynched
N2 - Sophia (El Topo replacement) was killed
D3 - OceanicAir, ordinary was lynched
N3 - TheWorthyEdge, mafia roleblocker and CornBro, serial killer with 2 shot BP were killed

Replacements:
ElTopo -> AndroidSophia (dead)
Xamtheking -> kingkitty -> *Splinter
Darryl -> Karkador

Ty4on

Would claiming clear anything up?
I don't really think so. I'm not a miller :p

Now that I have you attention: Yesterday CornB first brought up that he thought you and Worthy could be on the same scum team:
Ok lets change gears:

Trigger and TheWorthyEdge as scum buddies? Yeah I can see that. Yes, I'm willing to go for it.

I still want an explanation for why so many people seemed to strongly town read Xam, before his replacement.
Why didn't you reply to this?

You also didn't mention Worthy after Corn's vote so what did you think about him and Corn back then?

Trigger

I don't really think so. I'm not a miller :p

Now that I have you attention: Yesterday CornB first brought up that he thought you and Worthy could be on the same scum team:

Why didn't you reply to this?

You also didn't mention Worthy after Corn's vote so what did you think about him and Corn back then?

There's not much to reply to there, IMO. It reads to me like he's just throwing out something. It's not a hard accusation. All I can say is that I'm not scum, and you can lynch me to prove as much if it comes to that.

I honestly thought Worthy was just a wierd townie. I didn't think that he'd play that way if he was scum. I wasn't really reading Corn as scum because he was in the background of most of the major conversations.

Ty4on

So how many Ordinaries does that make now? Between dead and claimed?

Pretty sure I'm the only one who's claimed.
From memory ordinary flips:
SkyOdin
CrimsonFist
Flame_AC
Sophia
OceanicAir

Town PR flips:
Enker (enabler)

Town PR claims:
*Splinter (miller, claimed by kingkitty)
Karkador (sibling of Danny)
Rats Off to Ya (switcher)

-------------------------------------------------------
Early in the game we agreed claiming ordinary was especially bad in this game because we wanted Danny to stay hidden.

*Splinter

Hellooooo

resize

Matt Attack is town btw

Ty4on

Tsk tsk, cutting text from propaganda posters is illegal.

Do you still read Panda as scum after his vote on Worthy on D3?

Ty4on

That question was for Splinter BTW.

You mentioned Panda and gryvan yesterday. What do you think of them after Worthy's flip?

gryvan

Another replacement? :(

What do you think about the points Flush brought up in his post regarding Trigger?

well it was based on Day 1 and it was the time where TWE was being shady as heck claiming Danny and forgetting that the day started. The initial votes was there because of his mistakes. However I guess that there could be scum hiding within the intial voting pattern of Day 1 after he said he didn't know day started and "accidentally" claimed DP...

@Kark At this point I would really really love to believe you and because you just replaced Darryl, I really would love to start fresh but...after the 3 mislynches and how town was following Darryl's lead...I can't really outright believe that claim of "ty4on not being a friend." for now.

But I will rummage through most of ty4on's posts and keep an eye on him. At this point of the day we really can't risk another mislynch and we need to look through every possible posts to find anything suspicious

Trigger

Ty4on, Kark, Gryvan, and Splinter would be my lynch priorities in that order. I'm willing to let Kark slide if Ty4on really is scum. If this is just another gambit than Kark's my number 1 nominee for the next day. I don't really like the idea of trusting Kark, but he was town the last time I was in this position.

Ty4on

Maybe it's a bad idea to town read someone for one post...

VOTE: *Splinter
Reading the vote again I can see it being a "shit, he is getting a lot of votes, someone/I need(s) to bus him".

I'm feeling a bit better about Trigger after his reply. It seemed frank.

Out of the original players that are left I feel like I have the strongest read on Panda being scum. I am very very hesitate to trust Karl on Ty4on. But I'm open to discussing it.

ultron87

Darryl's previous play just doesn't speak to me of being the person with a role like the described. Also, any time of day secret chat with a power role seems so incredibly useful that it stretches believability. We could certainly test it out given the lack of other leads at the moment. Eh.

Karkador

Banned
@Kark At this point I would really really love to believe you and because you just replaced Darryl, I really would love to start fresh but...after the 3 mislynches and how town was following Darryl's lead...I can't really outright believe that claim of "ty4on not being a friend." for now.

Mistakes in mafia aren't sins. Town isn't going to be right most of the time. Deception and lies are what you actually hold against people.

Let's set the record straight on this "3 mislynches" thing.

Day 1 votes:

skyodin (6) - mislynched
crimsonfist 418
el topo 466
starsketch 516
darryl 517
blargonaut 521 (523)
skyodin 522
flame_ac 524

and also,

theworthyedge (1)
darryl 146 (305)
trigger 157 (304)
starsketch 201 (253)
flame_ac 206 (436)
xamtheking 217 (321)
blargonaut 285 (306)

ultron87 406

Darryl was not exactly the first shot fired on SkyOdin, but he WAS the first shot on TheWorthyEdge. Darryl called him out and voted, on the basis that he was claiming Danny Phantom. I've told you now that Darryl did indeed know who Danny Phantom is.

The SkyOdin vote is hard to judge because it was such a clusterfuck at the end, between SkyOdin and StarSketch. I mean ,it's hard to say that a vote was "led" there.

Day 2

flame_ac (8) - mislynched
blargonaut 551 (596)
matt attack 606
royal_flush 607
darryl 741
sophia 745
blargonaut 762
melonrabbit 767
kingkitty 773
ultron87 809

Did Darryl lead the vote here? People were mainly against Flame for hammering SkyOdin - Darryl did not initiate this. Darryl DID make a pretty big post with his reasoning against Flame_AC, but it fell flat on a very inactive crowd. When people finally got back, it all just kinda rushed ontop of Flame_AC.

The narrative that Darryl was intentionally misleading people doesn't quite fit when there isn't even a captive audience to mislead. It sucks to say this, but Town is making terrible decisions more so because people aren't posting and it all gets left to a scramble at the last minute.

Yeah, I'll give you that Darryl led the charge on OA at the last minute, but this is right after most of the day was spent watching Blargonaut sell us some snake oil - which Darryl rightfully pointed out and deflated.

At the very least, Darryl substantiated his votes with reasoning, which is more than can be said for people who are just voting for no apparent reason, or abstaining altogether.

Don't let me make Darryl some folk hero of legend this game, but if the guy was opinion leader, it was at least in part because there was a vacuum of opinion, and Town not participating is basically Scum coasting to the finish line.

I mean, the game has been inactive, so it's hard to tell who's asleep and who's just watching from the sidelines. But TBH, this post sounds like it's fishing for information about what Danny Phantom was doing at those given moments.

ah, i see your well on your way to mastering the 5 D's
i guess il have to ask more directly.
did danny phantom have any mystic advice for darryl during any of the misslynchs on previous days?

• [m] SkyOdin – AMITY PARK; Amity Parkite, Town-aligned Citizen ...banished D1
  • [m] CrimsonFist – AMITY PARK; Amity Parkite, Town-aligned Citizen ...ghosted N1
  • [-] Enker – AMITY PARK; Sam Manson, Town-aligned Enabler ...ghosted N1
  • [m] Flame_AC – AMITY PARK; Amity Parkite, Town-aligned Citizen ...banished D2
  • [m] El Topo [f] Sophia – AMITY PARK; Amity Parkite, Town-aligned Citizen ...ghosted N2
  • [m] OceanicAir – AMITY PARK; Amity Parkite, Town-aligned Citizen ...banished D3
  • [m] TheWorthyEdge – ALLIANCE OF EVIL; Ember, Mafia-aligned Roleblocker ...ghosted N3
  • [m] CornBurrito – UNAFFILIATED; Dark Dan Fenton, Neutral-aligned Serial Killer ...ghosted N3

1. [m] Blargonaut – AMITY PARK?; Amity Parkite?, Town?-aligned Citizen? ...claimed D1 POST#1 / POST#2 / POST#3 -> N1: N/A?, N2: N/A?, N3: N/A?, N4: ...
  2. [m] Xamtheking [m] kingkitty [m] *Splinter – AMITY PARK?; 'Ghost Wulf'?, Town-aligned Miller? ...claimed D2 POST#1 / POST#2 / POST#3 / POST#4 / POST#5 -> N1: N/A?, N2: N/A?, N3: N/A?, N4: ...
  3. [m] Rats Off to Ya – AMITY PARK?; Valerie Gray?, Town?-aligned Switcher? ...claimed D4 POST#1 / POST#2 / POST#3 / POST#4 -> N1: switched CornBurrito & Giant Panda?, N2: switched Blargonaut & StarSketch?, N3: switched Royal_Flush & Darryl?, N4: ...
  4. [-] Darryl [m] Karkador – AMITY PARK?; 'Danny Fenton's sibling'?, Town?-aligned ?? ...claimed D4 POST#1 / POST#2 -> N1: received dream that convinced him to sympathize with Danny Phantom's struggle and to "help" him, whatever the fuck that means, N2: ??, N3: received another dream informing him that he now had a subconscious link with Danny Phantom, involving a direct message straight from Danny telling him that "Ty4on is not a friend", N4: ...
  5. [f] melonrabbit – ??
  6. [m] Giant Panda – ??
  7. [m] StanleyPalmtree – ??
  8. [m] gryvan – ??
  9. [m] Trigger – ??
  10. [m] Royal_Flush – ??
  11. [f] StarSketch – ??
  12. [m] Ty4on – ??
  13. [m] Matt Attack – ??
  14. [m] ultron87 – ??

---
▶
14/22 players remain.

11 Town?
3 Mafia left? (1 down)
?? Neutrals? (1 down)

NOTES
  • What Rats Off To Ya oh-so conveniently neglected to bring up in his Role-claim, is that the person he's claimed to be, Valerie Gray, is yes, indeed a resident of Amity Park and a classmate of Danny Phantom's, but is also a ghost-hunter who despises Danny for ruining her family and her father's job, and on multiple occasions fought him as a rival. Valerie does have a flying rocket hoverboard (your "rocket sled", Rats?) though. Scum Switcher?

In any case, I'm inclined to believe Rats is, if not lying scum, a Neutral or Lyncher who is hunting for Danny.

Royal_Flush asked me if I had a plan B to lynching Town Leader Karkadarryl Today, and while I REALLY don't want us to yet again avoid kicking his tyranny out of your brainwashed minds once for and all, I will begrudgingly settle for banishing Rats Today instead, who has seemed to be Karkadarryl's fawning associate for a long time now.
  • Danny Phantom only has one real sibling, and that's his older sister Jazz Fenton... why would Karkadarryl say that he's Danny's sibling and leave it ambiguous like that, when there's only one sibling in the first place? My theory is that Karkador deliberately did not say he's Jazz Fenton outright, because he's scared that someone else is really her in this game, and he doesn't want to be caught in a Role-name lie.

The only possible real alternative (and it's potentially highly scummy too) to being Danny Phantom's "sibling", is if Karkadarryl is one of the five clones of Danny Phantom who were evil henchmen of Vlad Masters (his nemesis), or Dani Phantom, Danny's younger female clone, who was created by Vlad Masters and was initially his minion and one of Danny's enemies.

I think Kark is scum even more now, and he was trying to be coy about it with his "sibling" response without providing a name, especially considering the fact that the evil clones don't really have names for Kark to provide.

*cont.

Top Bottom