• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danny Phantom Mafia |OT| Your lynch doesn't stand a ghost of a chance!

Can we please not lynch StarSketch? Right now I suspect she could very well be Town.

But you know who gives me horrible vibes right now? Whose random "Matt Attack is Town" comments became too frequent to actually be Town? I'll tell you.
vote: *Splinter

*Splinter

Well... not much I can answer for. I thought XamKitty was scum until I subbed in, and my voting record since hasn't been any better. I was very sure on Stan and wrong. Perhaps I should have stuck to my guns with melon? But I had her and Stan as 2 peas in a pod, I didn't care which of them was lynched first.

Who else do you think is scum, flush? There's at least 3 of them. Hopefully you have some suspects unrelated to my flip - since you are wrong on this one.

*Splinter

And, you know

Anyone else

Feel free to chip in.

I'm doing my best to not lose this, but I subbed in under suspicion a couple of days from lylo, really need the rest of you to step up.

Can we please not lynch StarSketch? Right now I suspect she could very well be Town.

But you know who gives me horrible vibes right now? Whose random "Matt Attack is Town" comments became too frequent to actually be Town? I'll tell you.
vote: *Splinter

Pretty much why I highlighted that one post, because that's the second time that's come up.

Still no explanation for that on the later reads list btw.

Someone else that stood out to me while back reading was also Gryvan, but I'm not on a computer and so ill go post hunting later.

ultron87

I'm going to go ahead and assume the item giver is town. We can (hopefully) verify another player by having them full claim. However, for tactical reasons this shouldn't happen until next day phase, so please noone claim if/when you received an item before then.

Unless you gave melon an item, in which case item giver can just claim and we lynch her today.

This not having come up at all makes me incredibly skeptical. Especially when you say that anyone else needs to wait a day before backing your story up. This game is probably real close to over, so saying "keep me alive one more day because *mysterious reason*" reeks of a scum player that just needs to last that one more day.

You seem to be suggesting that receiving an item confirms someone as town. That seems insane in a game where town already has a cop and an private chat recruitment that confirms the invitees team if successful.

gryvan

sorry between Real Life shit and Pokemon GO...its been hard...

So that splinter's post, which I assume is speculation, that Matt Attack is town is extremely sketchy...

This feels scum but at the same time it doesn't make sense on why a scum splinter would protect scum Matt Attack, who has been lacking in post overall...

The people who confirmed town have been extremely coasty and barely posts because they are confirmed town.

Has there been any situation where scum can avoid a cop's ability? Cause I think at this point of the game, we need to think of all the possibility for town to try to strive through and win this game...

It is a tricky situation. Since we pretty much have to get this one right.

I'm somewhat suspicious of Matt Attack but that likely could be attributed to his lack of overall posts. I already asked if he be willing to post and give us something to base whether on the radar he is... not luck yet.

Star, I have doubts with the unvote / breakdown during yesterday's deadline. I want to believe it was genuine on some level, but you've also flip-flopped quite a bit in the past and have me leaning to you being scum.

*Splinter seems as those he wants to be helpful for the town but I still wasn't given an answer for the "Matt is town" you've been going on about for days and now item business is puzzling.

This not having come up at all makes me incredibly skeptical. Especially when you say that anyone else needs to wait a day before backing your story up. This game is probably real close to over, so saying "keep me alive one more day because *mysterious reason*" reeks of a scum player that just needs to last that one more day.

You seem to be suggesting that receiving an item confirms someone as town. That seems insane in a game where town already has a cop and an private chat recruitment that confirms the invitees team if successful.

I think the reasoning here is "If Melon says she's never heard of the item thing, but you gave her an item, then she's clearly lying."

ultron87

I think the reasoning here is "If Melon says she's never heard of the item thing, but you gave her an item, then she's clearly lying."
But why would anyone lie about that ever if it actually is a thing that is happening? Setting one self up to get called out for easy to show lies isn't really a winning plan for the bad guys.

Trigger

The item giver stuff feels like more of a distraction. The fact that no one is vouching for it means: it's not true or only scum/dead people have gotten it. Either way it's not really relevant to us. An item giver would probably be neutral, I'd think.

Karkador

Banned
The item giver stuff feels like more of a distraction. The fact that no one is vouching for it means: it's not true or only scum/dead people have gotten it. Either way it's not really relevant to us. An item giver would probably be neutral, I'd think.

Scum, dead people, and Splinter.

*Splinter

I'm suggesting the item giver is town, not he item receivers.

I'm also assuming there are people still alive that have received items.

*Splinter

But why would anyone lie about that ever if it actually is a thing that is happening? Setting one self up to get called out for easy to show lies isn't really a winning plan for the bad guys.
It would be a dumb mistake to make. Scum (almost certainly) know about items, but not all of them are supposed to know about them (only the scum(s) that received an item themselves).

It wasn't a likely scenario by any means.

I wasn't expecting this to be taken as a bargaining chip for my survival. It just amazed me that we got his far through the game without this being mentioned. On further reflection I realised I'd rather that claim not happen until tomorrow, if possible.

I'm still iffy on gryvan. Not sure what to make of StarSketch at this point honestly. Her vote on Splinter just now is pretty weak honestly (doesn't seem very grounded in the game), and it's not the first weak feeling vote from her ( I want to say that her "Sounds good" on gryvan is suspicious considering how little she added there, but I kind of agree that it did sound good, so eh).

If the item giver is real and there are other living players who've received something, then I'm assuming there's a reason why they aren't speaking up?

Alone the fact that this game is not over yet is a strong indicator that either Splinter or StarSketch are scum since they could hammer now otherwise.

*Splinter

Why would I? You act like I would imagine a bored Scum Splinter would act.

And it doesn't help that half our living playerbase apparently completely abandoned this game.
Town Splinter can't be bored too? Nothing is happening today except for the inevitable push for my lynch - I've already said there's nothing I can defend myself with there.

You would unvote if you weren't willing to risk the game on my flip, but with the timing of Sketch's vote and some slightly unfortunate timezones, that doesn't really tell me anything.

*Splinter

Bell-123909540w1.jpg

Bell-123909540w1.jpg

Bell-123909540w1.jpg

Will someone please put some ideas forward.

Trigger/Ty4on, I can trust you and yet you don't say anything. Who do you think is scum?

My ideas didn't work, I need input.

*Splinter

Alright how about a Kark/Sketch scum pair?

Darryl defending Sketch so openly would be kind of stupid - but then again that didn't stop him in Disney Princess. I had been assuming he wouldn't do the same thing again, but who the fuck knows, it's Darryl.

On the other hand, there is still the lack of a DP counter claim. Darryl defending Danny-Sketch is very believable, but she has outright denied this a couple of times. Perhaps it's time for the real Danny to claim?

If Danny dies overnight, it makes tomorrow an anonymous vote. However tomorrow will need to be a unanimous vote on scum target anyway, so this isn't a big a deal as it seems. In fact in this case we'd still have all 3 confirmed town alive, so I'm not sure scum would even bother killing Danny.

Then again Danny could be one of the already confirmed, that would suck.

Thoughts?

Town Splinter can't be bored too? Nothing is happening today except for the inevitable push for my lynch - I've already said there's nothing I can defend myself with there.

You would unvote if you weren't willing to risk the game on my flip, but with the timing of Sketch's vote and some slightly unfortunate timezones, that doesn't really tell me anything.
I need to risk the game on someone's flip and with the current pace we won't have another page of evidence by day end.

Town Splinter wouldn't pull some item giver out of his ass begging for one more day. This screems being an #unnecessaryscumgambit.

*Splinter

I need to risk the game on someone's flip and with the current pace we won't have another page of evidence by day end.

Town Splinter wouldn't pull some item giver out of his ass begging for one more day. This screems being an #unnecessaryscumgambit.
Like I said, wasn't expecting this to be such a big issue. There are no doubt other item receivers alive. Perhaps one of them could claim (but not the nature of the item or the day you received it) just so we can put that nonsense behind us for a bit.

Like I said, wasn't expecting this to be such a big issue. There are no doubt other item receivers alive. Perhaps one of them could claim (but not the nature of the item or the day you received it) just so we can put that nonsense behind us for a bit.
You know what? That's actually a decent idea.

Why are you so keen on holding these two things a secret?

Karkador

Banned

So you received an item. What does it do?

*Splinter

You know what? That's actually a decent idea.

Why are you so keen on holding these two things a secret?
We need at least something held in reserve so that the item-giver an verify themselves by providing the hidden info.

I guess just the night of the gift for one person would be enough.

The function of the gift might need to be hidden from scum (I'll say that gifts do have functions), and I don't know if the giver even knows what each gift is (although they most likely do)

*Splinter

Alright how about a Kark/Sketch scum pair?

Darryl defending Sketch so openly would be kind of stupid - but then again that didn't stop him in Disney Princess. I had been assuming he wouldn't do the same thing again, but who the fuck knows, it's Darryl.

On the other hand, there is still the lack of a DP counter claim. Darryl defending Danny-Sketch is very believable, but she has outright denied this a couple of times. Perhaps it's time for the real Danny to claim?

If Danny dies overnight, it makes tomorrow an anonymous vote. However tomorrow will need to be a unanimous vote on scum target anyway, so this isn't a big a deal as it seems. In fact in this case we'd still have all 3 confirmed town alive, so I'm not sure scum would even bother killing Danny.

Then again Danny could be one of the already confirmed, that would suck.

Thoughts?

I'd rather we hash it out as a group first, but at this pace that isn't going to happen anyway.

So I'm not entirely against a DP reveal. Weird threat.

Karkador

Banned
It's beneficial right now, Splinter. If you're Town, you don't want this name revealed. I've held it as a bargaining chip long enough.

Tell us what the item does.

*Splinter

It's beneficial right now, Splinter. If you're Town, you don't want this name revealed. I've held it as a bargaining chip long enough.

Convince me it's useful to do so, and I will.

Scum would love to know what item I got, I don't see the benefit for town though.

Ty4on

Fuck I forgot about the shortened day. I still don't feel convinced Splinter is scum, but I don't see why the item giver should stay hidden unless they're super powerful and confirmed.

I have no idea how the item thingy makes sense unless it's limited use, but lying about it is a weird gambit and for what profit?

Not interested in your ultimatum Kark. I'll reveal more about my item when I believe it is beneficial to do so.
When? Do you still think we have a mislynch left?

*Splinter

Fuck I forgot about the shortened day. I still don't feel convinced Splinter is scum, but I don't see why the item giver should stay hidden unless they're super powerful and confirmed.

I have no idea how the item thingy makes sense unless it's limited use, but lying about it is a weird gambit and for what profit?

When? Do you still think we have a mislynch left?
Still 25 hours.

I don't know if there are 3 scum left or 4. With an SK in the game it really could be either. Assuming the worst, today is mylo. If I'm not confident on our selection I'll be arguing for a no lynch (and right now I'm not confident on anyone).

Ty4on

Still 25 hours.

I don't know if there are 3 scum left or 4. With an SK in the game it really could be either. Assuming the worst, today is mylo. If I'm not confident on our selection I'll be arguing for a no lynch (and right now I'm not confident on anyone).
Ofc. Haven't checked the timer lately, but I knew the day ended at 1900 CEST...

I thought about a no lynch, but I don't feel like it would help with three confirmed people. I think it would be better saved for when all the confirmed are dead.

*Splinter

And how exactly are we supposed to believe you? With neither the item giver nor any of the receiver
The item giver is in the game, and can claim when they need to. Receiver's are presumably still in the game, but I'm starting to think this part could be problematic.
nor a hint of the item's power being known?
How would this help you trust me? If the whole thing is a gambit then surely I could get the ball rolling today to make it seem more legitimate when I do claim, but ultimately there is nothing I can tell you today that town needs to know.
Are you fucking kidding me?
He's bluffing and/or being ridiculous. If he thinks I'm scum then threatening to reveal DP makes no sense - scum would presumably quite like to know the identity of DP. If he thinks I'm town then he should be able to trust my judgement on this. There is no scenario where I'd cave to a threat.

Karkador

Banned
Convince me it's useful to do so, and I will.

Scum would love to know what item I got, I don't see the benefit for town though.

Let's say the Item Giver player (presumably Town) has been giving out items all game, but by the nature of the game, items have gone to both scum and town players. That means it's pretty likely a scum player got an item. If that's the case, then you're only hurting Town by not talking about it.

Furthermore:

An entire group staying quiet about getting a secret item could be that nobody wants to be the one person to speak up first. Fine.

However, once someone does bring it up, the psychology of the situation changes.

Maybe you're the one good guy who decided to finally bring it up, in hopes that the Item Giver will acknowledge you, and by the same token, acknowledge that those who haven't said anything could be the shadowy scum players with something to hide.

Or, maybe you're one of the scum players who decided to bring up the item situation, from your relatively safe position in the game, to see who else brings it up - depending on what the item does, this could give you an idea of who to target from now on.

By bringing up the item at all, you've already done most of the work.

Kark has a point. If the item giver is Town they will speak up now or lose us the game. Because if he doesn't I will assume you're full of shit. If the item giver is Scum it's beneficial for town to reveal everything you know about the item.

So just give the item giver some time to respond and if he or she doesn't he's either Scum or fiction.

Karkador

Banned
The item giver is in the game, and can claim when they need to. Receiver's are presumably still in the game, but I'm starting to think this part could be problematic.

Tell us what the item does, and we can figure out whether it would make sense for the receivers to still be in the game.

He's bluffing and/or being ridiculous. If he thinks I'm scum then threatening to reveal DP makes no sense - scum would presumably quite like to know the identity of DP. If he thinks I'm town then he should be able to trust my judgement on this. There is no scenario where I'd cave to a threat.

It's not a bluff. DP and I have been preparing for a possible DP reveal, should it work in Town's favor.

If you're scum, you're likely going to stall and not comply - which is what you're doing now.

Top Bottom