• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danny Phantom Mafia |OT| Your lynch doesn't stand a ghost of a chance!

ultron87

That was written from the assumption that items only went to town, which is what I got from the way you talked about it in that post. It'd be an absurd thing to have in the game given the roles we've seen. Since it sounds like they go to everyone and Melon has backed you up, it is certainly more believable.

I haven't claimed.

*Splinter

That was written from the assumption that items only went to town, which is what I got from the way you talked about it in that post. It'd be an absurd thing to have in the game given the roles we've seen. Since it sounds like they go to everyone and Melon has backed you up, it is certainly more believable.

I haven't claimed.
That's quite an odd assumption to jump to though. With an unlimited cop and a soft cop in the game, reading another claim as a third cop seems like paranoid scum.

I mean your analysis is reasonable - 3 cops is at least 1 too many - just the assumption itself that stood out to me.

Who are your suspects? What did you make of Kark's ultimatum and subsequent conversation with me?

*Splinter

I'm still iffy on gryvan. Not sure what to make of StarSketch at this point honestly. Her vote on Splinter just now is pretty weak honestly (doesn't seem very grounded in the game), and it's not the first weak feeling vote from her ( I want to say that her "Sounds good" on gryvan is suspicious considering how little she added there, but I kind of agree that it did sound good, so eh).

If the item giver is real and there are other living players who've received something, then I'm assuming there's a reason why they aren't speaking up?
So a few people have asked me why I town read Matt, but I don't think he's ever asked me himself? He apparently doesn't have a problem with someone trusting him with no justification? And if I read this post right he trusts me?

Either trusts me or just wants to stay on my good side.

Food for thought, but its not enough for me to call him scum.

Karkador

Banned
How did you know that I had received a Fenton Finder?

I didn't say that. I said it's implied by Melon's question, "Fenton finder?", that she either gave someone a Fenton Finder (keep in mind Rats switch would have still worked last night), or the items are not actually unique.

BTW, you should tell us what your item does. Tracker?

Trigger

FWIW, I agree with Star on one of our inactives being scum. I also think that there's scum being very active today. Kark or Splinter. Not sure which one.

What do you expect to gain from this question?

I'm just not sure why this was brought up only to be all hush about actual details. Is revealing anything more going to seriously disadvantage town?

What happened to your scum read of Splinter? You seemed so certain he was scum, but now you're doing as he says.

I also generally feel like running the risk of hammering him right this second is a not a good idea. He's still reading scummy, but I can wait.

G0Oqh4o.jpg

VOTE TALLY:

*splinter (2)
royal_flush 1651
starsketch 1657 (1748)
karkador 1713
*splinter 1730 (1730)

starsketch (0)
*splinter 1655 (1719)

melonrabbit (0)
*splinter 1719 (1730)
*splinter 1730 (1730)

karkador (0)
*splinter 1730 (1730)

cabot (0)
*splinter 1730 (1730)

6 to reach majority.

DAY 6 ENDS:

gre_1468429200.png

But you felt it was a good idea when you voted for him?

It's 2am in Splinter land BTW.

I hadn't thought that maybe scum would jump on him when I voted. To be honest I was going to back off when Royal pointed it out but then the item shenanigans happened.

ultron87

That's quite an odd assumption to jump to though. With an unlimited cop and a soft cop in the game, reading another claim as a third cop seems like paranoid scum.

I mean your analysis is reasonable - 3 cops is at least 1 too many - just the assumption itself that stood out to me.

Who are your suspects? What did you make of Kark's ultimatum and subsequent conversation with me?
It's obviously an assumption Id jump to because at that time your story seemed like complete BS.

- MattAttack probably number 1 as he just coasts through
- you because you having an item proves nothing and the way this reveal has gone feels quite off to me, and no one else jumped to vote on you at 3 votes
- StarSketch. She's had a ton of heat this game and it just seems odd she would've lasted so long if she was someone scum wanted to get lynched.

Melon could be a conspirator on a item related gambit with you, but we'd still wanna start with you.

Karkador's ultimatum is odd, but I still want to hear what your item does so I guess I'm in support. Danny getting revealed now probably isn't that damaging, since we will have to agree on someone and vote as a unit to win from here on anyway, lest turbos from nowhere happen. So anonymous doesn't really change that that much.

gryvan

So my problem is with the vagueness of the item in question

the "Fenton Finder"

I think because we got new information about certain things in this game, and the fact that the day ends tomorrow, its gotten to the point that anything to help town would work.

I can understand Kark's frustration over the fact that Splinter should reveal what the item does because of how late we are in the game and we aren't sure whether there are more scums left or not

But I can understand why Splinter wants to withhold said information to everyone due to the fact that scum might also gain such knowledge as well.

But Splinter it is late in the game and our options are extremely limited with little to no information. Is it that important that you reveal it the next day?

Karkador

Banned
Please remember, getting an item does not mean you're not scum, and giving an item doesn't necessarily mean you're not scum, either.

Also, Splinter would not name his item until Melon dropped a name -very easy for Splinter to just say "oh yeah, that's the one"

Karkador

Banned
What happens from here, I don't know, but my guess is that mafia will end up NKing StarSketch. But I'll let her take it from here.

I think mafia suspected a connection between Darryl and StarSketch after he vouched for her (pretty hard, I might say), and it's been a weird game they're playing with Sketch ever since.

I came out as Danny Phantom's assistant, basically, to try to bait a reaction from mafia, and also get some key info out (about our friending thing).

There's been one more thing about DP's power (which was alluded to by Enker's Enabler PR) that we haven't talked about, but I'm waiting on fellas like Splinter to tell us more about these gadgets they have - then we can really make sense of the whole situation.

As for StarSketch, I know we haven't talked much in our chat lately, I'm not quite sure if you check it often, and I'm sorry if I moved our plans along a bit quickly since we last spoke, but hopefully you'll see this now and we'll just take it from here.

With that said, it's good to *finally* stop double checking my pronouns when referring to "Mr." Phantom.

Vote:Karkador

I was incredibly tempted to just roll with the claim as a protective measure for whoever the actual DP is, but they might claim if I did.

Karkador

Banned
Hey, don't blame me. *Splinter didn't give the details on that very flimsy claim (because there are no details, he's just making shit up). I gave plenty of time with a very clear deadline.

Here's the thing though. I'll say this here for everyone to see - if we don't lynch *Splinter today (easily the scummiest pick today), your NK is going to look really bad on him. I mean like...REALLY bad. It will completely prove that I'm right (likewise, so would killing me). That's why we're still alive, despite how obvious our connection has been.

So really, there's some safety in being out.

Karkador

Banned
Alright, if that's your idea if damage control. Sorry for getting creative.

Lynch whoever you need to lynch to make sense of this, team, but I still stand by a *Splinter vote today.

*Splinter

If anyone other than Sketch is DP, can they please just claim and end this nonsense

I'm assuming Sketch is DP. Or there is no DP and we've been doomed for most of the game now.

I'm also assuming Kark's claim is true, but Sketch can you say for absolute certain that Kark is town?

Kark if you're town you've played abysmally. I've asked over and over again what the fuck we gain from learning about my item, and you don't even try to answer. You keep insisting I share because... you said so? Because you think you can achieve "confirmed town" status through your claim and get away with anything, no matter how stupid?

Let's take your suggestion. Suppose my item is a tracker. What has town learned from this?

FUCK ALL

What has scum learned from this? Well they know that anyone claiming ordinary can't move, and anyone I suspect shouldn't carry out the kill unless they can think of a decent cover story.

Congratulations, the item would now be useless.

Meanwhile you again pretend that this item has anything to do with my survival. Fuck that. Make a case against me - it's fucking easy to - and vote me out if you insist. I've said all I can say in my defence (approximately nothing) and strongly recommend you look elsewhere if you don't want the game to end today.

VOTE: Karkador

If you're town then town don't deserve to win.

*Splinter

I didn't say that. I said it's implied by Melon's question, "Fenton finder?", that she either gave someone a Fenton Finder (keep in mind Rats switch would have still worked last night), or the items are not actually unique.

BTW, you should tell us what your item does. Tracker?
That doesn't answer the question, you just repeated your initial statement.

If melon received a Fenton Finder, why does that imply items aren't unique? At that point I could still have a different item.

Melon have you given anything to Kark or Sketch? I'm pretty sure he fucked up there.

*Splinter

Oh I forgot to do a bit.

I think Blarg's reads are insane, anti-Town, rambling, incoherent and not worth pursuing.

But maybe he was right about Kark.

*Splinter

So no objections to melon revealing her targets? I don't see any reason not to do so, seems like the next logical step.

I think I'm still waiting for replies from the following:

melon - why gift to me?

Flush - why so trusting of Sketch?

Sketch - DP yes or no + why exactly you're voting for Kark

I guess I'll start going through yesterday.

Melonrabbit, I need you to answer the following questions:
Who did you give items to?
Is each item unique?
Do you know what the items do?

StarSketch, I need you to stop reacting and to start thinking. In which universe would Scum Kark fakeclaiming mason with DP name a Townie as DP instead of one of his scumbuddies?

And to answer your question, Splinter: Because I have a hard time believing one could play confusion so well if one had access to a secret chat.

*Splinter

These people voted for Blarg:

ultron87 1475
starsketch 1485
*splinter 1488 (TOWN)
royal_flush 1489 TOWN
gryvan 1492
trigger 1493 TOWN
karkador 1494

These people voted elsewhere:

Rats off to ya TOWN
Blargonaut TOWN
StanleyPalmtree TOWN
GiantPanda TOWN
Ty4on TOWN
melonrabbit NOT SCUM
Every single scum was on Blarg?! Scum must have been on the line.

Haven't done a re-read of the previous day yet, so I don't remember for sure who was on the line. However, the previous vote count was 30 minutes before he end, has:

Flush & Rats on Trigger (town on town)
Blarg and Stan on Kark (town on *cough*)
Melon and Sketch on Panda (unknown on town)

That's only 2 votes each though, I'll have to re-read the day to see where the wind was blowing before Blarg.

(at work. making this quick)

What is happening. I wake up for work to this.

melon - why gift to me?

As I said I wanted to new reads on people and introducin an unexpected element has done that. I picked you because you're uncomfirmed and I wanted to see how you would react.

Melonrabbit, I need you to answer the following questions:
Who did you give items to?
Is each item unique?
Do you know what the items do?

*Splinter
Sophia
Yes
Yes.

Top Bottom