• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 1.04 Patch Notes - [Patch 1.05 Has Been Released On 360/PS3 U.S. & 360 EU]

Speevy

Banned
I want people to invade me.

I'm at level 92 and not one person has ever invaded me.

I'll take you all on! just give me that chance. :(

Zeliard

tokkun said:
More damage? Not from what I've seen.

Any time I'm co-oping with a sorcerer they do significantly more damage than a fully upgraded pyro glove + bellowing dragoncrest.

That's just a sign for you Pyros to stop dabbling in your simpleton's magic and get with the real pros.

Kyoufu

1 hour 26 minute speed run by a pyro who did more damage than any other class at his low level range.

It is also a PVP fix, since Great Combustion ruins people's days in PVP.

duckroll

Cloudius12 said:
Hmmm, earlier they said they would be changes for the map loading and stuff. Its not present in this patch :/

That is covered under freezing. I believe the streaming of areas were causing loading/freezing problems in some cases.

LProtag

So are electric weapons balanced with stat scaling weapons now? I've been away from the game for a bit and not sure what the standard 'best weapons' were. I had a hunch it was the magic weapons with int scaling and magic damage.

knitoe

"Adjustment to amount of enemies souls" sounds like nerf to Darkroot soul farming so farm while you still can.

Redd

Speevy said:

Wow I only got 30 hours of game time and been invaded around twice a week. Been invaded at least 10 times.

Dresden

Speevy said:

Just do two things.

Sit in the Darkwood Forest area in human form.

Kill Gwynevere and sit there in human form.

Zeliard

knitoe said:
"Adjustment to amount of enemies souls" sounds like nerf to Darkroot soul farming so farm while you still can.

Possibly, and with co-op boss kills now offering the full souls amount, it may be they're trying to encourage people to play co-op as a way of farming souls.

Skullkid

tokkun said:
More damage? Not from what I've seen.

Any time I'm co-oping with a sorcerer they do significantly more damage than a fully upgraded pyro glove + bellowing dragoncrest.

Agree, I mostly used pyro the first time through - fully upgraded with high Intelligence (about 45-50 when I beat it). In NG+ I'm using almost all sorcery with Intellegence at 56, Dragoncrest ring, and Logan's or Crystal catalyst. Bosses are a breeze now even with the higher difficulty, especially with the crystal spells (1000-1500+ damage).

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Dresden said:
The master key change is for people getting ready to take on ng+ and beyond, I think.

And people bitching about pyros have never seen a 50int sorceror smashing everything into the ground in ng+++ with crystals and enchanted weapons flying everywhere. Pyro don't scale.

Yeah, if you think that Pyromancy is a real rival for Sorcery at high levels then you've probably never seen a dedicated Sorcery build in action.

At the high end Sorcery is bananas.

tokkun said:
I will grant you that something should be done to prevent full damage use by level 1 characters, but the pyro glove is pretty essential for most melee characters in PvE considering how weak the best weapons are in comparison.

True. Ideally the scaling adjustments will make stat-boosted weaponry PvP-viable, with Pyromancy serving as a back-up that can be utilized for any build. Pyromancy is way more important to any non-sorcerer in PvP than I think it was ever intended to be at the moment.

And hopefully the lack of the infinite soul glitch will make Pyro-griefing inaccessible to all but the most dedicated when a 15-minute run with the Master Key can't net you infinity souls right out of the starting gate.

Wait, no word on how the game is addressing save editors?

So people can still walk around with level 1 but 99 all stats and ruin PvP?

not cool.

Kalnos

Banned
Zeliard said:
Possibly, and with co-op boss kills now offering the full souls amount, it may be they're trying to encourage people to play co-op as a way of farming souls.

I can't tell you how many times I have run into a host and two SunBros vs me, and that was before the patch. I really hope they increase the rate of multiple invaders because it was hilarious one time when it was host vs me vs 2 darkmoon guys in a 1v1v2.

Kyoufu

They should have made the message soapstone something you start with. It's not like the item costs a lot of souls (only 200), so it wouldn't hurt to encourage everyone to have and possibly use it.

The investment between getting the most out of sorcery and ascending a pyro flame to max aren't that huge. It takes ~300K to ascend a pyro flame to its max level. I'm not sure how much it takes to get your int to 50 but it's a significant investment and those souls could have easily been used to level up.

Dresden

toasty_T said:
The investment between getting the most out of sorcery and ascending a pyro flame to max aren't that huge. It takes ~300K to ascend a pyro flame to its max level. I'm not sure how much it takes to get your int to 50 but it's a significant investment and those souls could have easily been used to level up.
It's no different from leveling strength or faith up to 50, which more people should start doing with the new patch. Enchanted weapons are great so sorcs aren't missing out on melee. Vit and End don't scale well past 40. So at level 100 or so they're pretty much fully kitted out.

duckroll

Nora Kisaragi said:

not cool.

Errr... what save editors? I've seriously never heard of this.

linko9

I'm really curious about the changes to weapon stat scaling. I don't really feel like booting up the game right now, but hopefully this means my greatsword of artorias and furysword will be even better.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Nora Kisaragi said:

not cool.

Aren't the save editors limited to the 360 version? I think these patch notes are PS3-centric since they're in Japanese and only the PS3 version came out in Japan. It's not impossible they're doing something to address it.

duckroll said:
Errr... what save editors? I've seriously never heard of this.

You haven't encountered the save editors? It only applies for the 360 version of the game but people literally put their dark souls save on a flash drive, bring it to their computer, and just edit themselves 3 million souls, 99 humanity, level 1, 99 all stats, then bring it back to the xbox, go online and beat the crap out of everyone.

There's no avoiding it. You can be level 1 and someone invading you might be level 1 with 99 all stats, it has ruined the online portion of this game completely.

Plus the editor is in the public domain so practically anyone who wants to cheat can easily do so in about ten minutes; it's seriously making me consider just re-purchasing this game on the ps3 or quit the game altogether.

hteng

Banned
Nora Kisaragi said:
You haven't encountered the save editors? It only applies for the 360 version of the game but people literally put their dark souls save on a flash drive, bring it to their computer, and just edit themselves 3 million souls, 99 humanity, level 1, 99 all stats, then bring it back to the xbox, go online and beat the crap out of everyone.

There's no avoiding it. You can be level 1 and someone invading you might be level 1 with 99 all stats, it has ruined the online portion of this game completely.

well that sucks, dose it happen in the PS3 version too?

duckroll

Nora Kisaragi said:

Ah. I play Dark Souls on PS3. The thing is, Bandai Namco's support of the game in terms of online updates and English communication is basically zero, so no one knows what's usually going on behind the scenes aside from what From Software officially posts on their Japanese site. In Japan the game is only released on the PS3, so From Software does not provide any updates or support on the 360 version on their site.

The situation is pretty annoying.

MechaX

I'm reading through some of the other armor related changes on other forums.

Man, a lot of stuff got nerfed.

Giolon

Damn, I'm really starting to regret purchasing this for Xbox 360. I didn't know the deal with From & Namco's involvement. Fortunately, it's otherwise an extremely competent port (apparent save game hacking non-withstanding).

I want this patch. :(

Natiko

Banned
Any word on what exactly they changed to improve multiplayer matching conditions? I don't really see people to summon or get summoned nowadays :(

duckroll

Giolon said:
Damn, I'm really starting to regret purchasing this for Xbox 360. I didn't know the deal with From & Namco's involvement. Fortunately, it's otherwise an extremely competent port (apparent save game hacking non-withstanding).

I want this patch. :(

What I suggest you can do (and all other 360 players, honestly) is to email Namco, or post on their Facebook/Twitter, etc, and make it known that there are Dark Souls fans on 360, and you don't appreciate being left in the dark like this. Not that I think they will listen, but since you paid for a game, you should stand up and demand to be taken seriously by the publisher. It's worth giving it a shot.

MechaX

linko9 said:
Can you please link? I'm very curious.

The patch note page listed previously in this topic is down. I'm reading off of GFaqs right now. But so far, the Elite Armor got some nerfs, while the Silver Knight Armor got buffed. A lot of shields got nerfed (Hollow Soldier Shield now has lower stability at max). Antiquated Dress got nerfed into the ground, but that got covered here already. Pyromancy got a nerf (I think at max it's now 230 instead of 280 or something in its attack rating), and Quelaag's Fury Sword got a nerf in fire damage for some reason.

Edit: Reports are saying that the stat scaling has been "fixed" in the sense that Str or Dex goes up to A after upgrading a weapon to a certain point. Don't know if they've fixed things deeper than that.

Zeliard

MechaX said:
I'm reading through some of the other armor related changes on other forums.

Man, a lot of stuff got nerfed.

It was necessary. Some stuff was just too imbalanced. Should be a lot more leveled out after this patch.

hteng

Banned
it's kinda dumb they dont buff the heavy equipment sets, you can find dresses that gives the same exact defense but with superior resistance and weight. oh well.

duckroll

Kyoufu said:
FROM Software only mention SCE's approval of the update for tomorrow.

Doesn't look good for 360 owners. :(

There is no 360 version in Japan. This is normal. It doesn't mean nothing is being done, it just means Namco Bandai's PR sucks and isn't up to From's high standard in Japan.

Top Bottom