• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 1.04 Patch Notes - [Patch 1.05 Has Been Released On 360/PS3 U.S. & 360 EU]

mollipen

How was the first reply of this thread not "Praise the sun!"?

One of the translations issues I know about is a screw-up on the load screen description for one of the rings. I know I saw one that was mistaken, like the wolf ring having the hornet ring's description.

Zeliard

ixix said:
Crystal Ring Shield nerf is pretty unsurprising. It was a obviously a glitch to begin with, what with the way it calculated damage making upgrading the shield itself completely pointless and all.

Yeah I doubt it was intended for a shield to be the most powerful offensive weapon in the game, amusing as that is. :p Can any spell match its max potential power?

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
elty said:
+5 Ascended Pryomacy Flame Mag Adjust 270 -> 230

Well that is much more reasonable.

Zeliard said:
Yeah I doubt it was intended for a shield to be the most powerful offensive weapon in the game, amusing as that is. :p Can any spell match its max potential power?

Not sure, I've never seen a full-power Crystal Ring Shield shot. I know it's possible to get ~2000 damage out of a shot of Crystal Soul Spear, though. Can the shield match that?

Dresden

corrosivefrost said:
Huh? My +15 Washing Pole was able to be buffed with CMW since day 1, I think. I know I used it on +14 Uchigatana, but I'm 99% sure I did it on my Washing Pole too.
? I don't know how that changes anything. Like I said, +15 weapons can be buffed with CMW. I wasn't saying that was the change, I was saying that in conjunction with the buffs it'd more than even things out.

elty

Max Upgrade STR 40 DEX 45
すべて最大強化 筋力40 技量45

?? バルデルの刺突直剣   200 +159 EB パッチ後 200 +202 EA
Astra straight sword アストラの直剣      120 120 +98 +51 CC C   120 120 +105 +53 CC C
Occult Claymore 邪教のクレイモア     184 192 +53 +138 ED B  184 192 +55 +158 DD A
Great Lord Greatsword 大王の大剣       346 +131 DD        384 +154 DD
フランベルジェ       250 +186 DC       250 +237 DB
Zwsomething ツヴァイヘンダー      325 +225 DC       325 +286 CD
Black Knight's Greatsword 黒騎士の大剣      307 +233 BE       330 +266 BE
Shortel ショーテル         205 +145 EC       205 +184 EB
Magic sword?? クラーグの魔剣      90 270 +110 +56 EB   90 255 +115 +53 EB
Gravelord Sword 墓王の剣         382 +80 EE       397 +88 EE
Washing Pole 物干し竿         225 +160 DD       225 +203 DC
Richard Rapier リカールの刺剣      175 +129 EB       175 +164 EA
Garyoe Tail Axe ガーゴイルの尾斧     232 +173 DC      232 +220 DB
Black Knight's Great Axe 黒騎士の大斧      319 +240 BE       343 +274 BE
Dragon Tooth 大竜牙          435 +121 D        435 +155 D
Demon's Spear デーモンの槍       150 180 +145 CC     150 180 +154 CC
Silver Knight Spear 銀騎士の槍       232 +121 EC        244 +134 EC
Dragon hunting bow 竜狩りの槍        135 90 +175 +75 CB B   142 97 +195 +85 CB B
Crystal something 結晶のハルバード    297 +211 DD        297 +268 DC
Scythe or Great Scythe 大鎌           250 +199 EB        250 +253 EA
Lifehunting Scythe 生命狩りの鎌      247 +205 EB        270 +237 EB

Zeliard

The Fog Ring fix is simple and elegant. Just adding the ability to lock on fixes 100% of the gripes people have about it while also not making the ring totally worthless since you can still use it for some sneaky trolling fun. Though the Chameleon spell is probably more fun for that. :p

Pyro nerf is too much for me to bear and I'm not going to start over. Guess I'll just stay offline which is fine seeing as how I don't care much for PVP.

Although I will miss amusing messages like amazing chest and gorgeous view infront of gwynevere.

Edit: Oh thank goodness. I was about to cry while typing this post.

Insaniac

wow, so its out for ps3? Is there some place compiling a list of changes to items and stuff? I'm sad to hear antiquated skirt got nerfed because not only was it great but my char is a chick so I don't mind using it :(

TheExodu5

Banned
maomaoIYP said:
Oh my, antiquated skirt is shit now. So is Hollow Soldier Shield.

And most importantly, so is my copy of the official guide, which arrived FINALLY ON MONDAY. ;_;

Haha. I just got my guide Monday as well. Canadian, I assume?

Haunted

No one uses the Greatsword of Artorias and doesn't provide new stats for it. :(

I just assume it'll be a minor buff since it scales with strength/intelligence.

Zeliard said:
The Fog Ring fix is simple and elegant. Just adding the ability to lock on fixes 100% of the gripes people have about it while also not making the ring totally worthless since you can still use it for some sneaky trolling fun. Though the Chameleon spell is probably more fun for that. :p
Really the way it should have been in the first place.

Zeliard said:

Glad they fixed the Fog Ring bullshit.

Not being able to lock-on is a fundamental shit throw to the very core mechanics of the game. It doesn't make sense in the overall design of the game.

I'm also glad they got rid of the dragon head glitch.

I used to see other players doing the dragon head glitch "dance" around bonfires for fuck sakes.

ixix

I actually think I'm going to miss the dancing phantoms. I know they were up to no good, but I still got a chuckle every time I saw one.

The roof will be raised no longer.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
WickedLaharl said:
Although I will miss amusing messages like amazing chest and gorgeous view infront of gwynevere.

Put down your own messages! You can always see the ones you placed yourself.

scosher

elty said:
Max Upgrade STR 40 DEX 45
すべて最大強化 筋力40 技量45

?? バルデルの刺突直剣   200 +159 EB パッチ後 200 +202 EA
Astra straight sword アストラの直剣      120 120 +98 +51 CC C   120 120 +105 +53 CC C
Occult Claymore 邪教のクレイモア     184 192 +53 +138 ED B  184 192 +55 +158 DD A
Great Lord Greatsword 大王の大剣       346 +131 DD        384 +154 DD
フランベルジェ       250 +186 DC       250 +237 DB
Zwsomething ツヴァイヘンダー      325 +225 DC       325 +286 CD
Black Knight's Greatsword 黒騎士の大剣      307 +233 BE       330 +266 BE
Shortel ショーテル         205 +145 EC       205 +184 EB
Magic sword?? クラーグの魔剣      90 270 +110 +56 EB   90 255 +115 +53 EB
Gravelord Sword 墓王の剣         382 +80 EE       397 +88 EE
Washing Pole 物干し竿         225 +160 DD       225 +203 DC
Richard Rapier リカールの刺剣      175 +129 EB       175 +164 EA
Garyoe Tail Axe ガーゴイルの尾斧     232 +173 DC      232 +220 DB
Black Knight's Great Axe 黒騎士の大斧      319 +240 BE       343 +274 BE
Dragon Tooth 大竜牙          435 +121 D        435 +155 D
Demon's Spear デーモンの槍       150 180 +145 CC     150 180 +154 CC
Silver Knight Spear 銀騎士の槍       232 +121 EC        244 +134 EC
Dragon hunting bow 竜狩りの槍        135 90 +175 +75 CB B   142 97 +195 +85 CB B
Crystal something 結晶のハルバード    297 +211 DD        297 +268 DC
Scythe or Great Scythe 大鎌           250 +199 EB        250 +253 EA
Lifehunting Scythe 生命狩りの鎌      247 +205 EB        270 +237 EB

Highlighted the notables. Looks like Occult now has A scaling for Faith (going to assume Divine is B?)

Magic sword is definitely Quelaag's Furysword by those stats. Looks like straight up nerf with no scaling changes? Strange, but not a big change.

From gamefaqs, they say Katanas have improved scaling to A for Dex. I'm hoping that also means A for Enchanted Katanas as well.

I'm most upset about Antiquated Dress nerf :( Built my whole light armor set around that to look good in a dress and compensate for its low FireDEF.

Dresden said:
? I don't know how that changes anything. Like I said, +15 weapons can be buffed with CMW. I wasn't saying that was the change, I was saying that in conjunction with the buffs it'd more than even things out.

With the sentence at the end (This is a good change.), I read it as you saying that +15 weapons couldn't be buffed with those things before and could now.

Sorry, my bad. Interweb comprehension failure. ;)

Haunted

dankir said:
I bought this launch day but still haven't started it yet. Did this patch make things easier / harder?
Harder if you wanted to glitch your way through or exploit balancing weaknesses.

But overall, it makes for a better game, that's for certain.

elty

Looks like magic got nerf too

レベル27理力32、よいやさ結晶杖の結晶塊

アノールボス前の巨神兵
パッチ前966ダメ
パッチ後771ダメ

SL 27 INT 32, Crystalization Catalyst and Crystal Soulmass
Target: those big knight in Anor Londo
Before 966
After 771

cj_iwakura

maomaoIYP said:
Oh my, antiquated skirt is shit now. So is Hollow Soldier Shield.

And most importantly, so is my copy of the official guide, which arrived FINALLY ON MONDAY. ;_;

The guide is still incredible. You won't be disappointed.

ixix

elty said:
レベル27理力32、よいやさ結晶杖の結晶塊

アノールボス前の巨神兵
パッチ前966ダメ
パッチ後771ダメ

SL 32, Crystalization Catalyst and Crystal Soulmass
Before 966
After 771

My heart is breaking.

Varna

My latest character is in good shape to take advantage of a lot of these changes.

Just need to raise one more INT to use CMW and everything else into DEX.

dankir said:
I bought this launch day but still haven't started it yet. Did this patch make things easier / harder?

Getting rid of the glitches improves the PvP environment. Rebalancing the weapons and items etc. further creates a more balanced experience. Fixing some of the control bugs is a plus.

Unless you are a heavy pyro guy - I don't see anyone having any gripes with this patch.

Haunted

Homing Crystal Soulmass nerf is fine. Shit's ridiculous at 50 INT.

rance said:
Real Greatsword of Artorias better not still be mediocre. Such a pretty looking sword should be great.
*high five*

Q7BvS.jpg

Gattsu25

Banned
So has anyone confirmed if the spells cast from the ascended pyromancy flame now scales with INT or if it is still the bogus R2 attack that scales?

def sim

elty said:
Looks like magic got nerf too

レベル27理力32、よいやさ結晶杖の結晶塊

アノールボス前の巨神兵
パッチ前966ダメ
パッチ後771ダメ

SL 27 INT 32, Crystalization Catalyst and Crystal Soulmass
Before 966
After 771

Still good!

Haunted said:

So baller.

elty

結晶輪の盾が
亡者戦士に撃ったときに
ダメージ1200から180になった

Crystal Ring Shield
Undead warrior
Before 1200 now 180

Zeliard

Looks like they buffed the scaling tables as a whole, on top of increasing individual ones from B-->A and such. You have certain weapons that kept the same scaling factors but seem to have higher damage values from them.

elty said:
結晶輪の盾が
亡者戦士に撃ったときに
ダメージ1200から180になった

Crystal Ring Shield
Undead warrior
Before 1200 now 180

lmao

Dresden

elty said:
結晶輪の盾が
亡者戦士に撃ったときに
ダメージ1200から180になった

Crystal Ring Shield
Undead warrior
Before 1200 now 180
HOLY SHIT

HAHAHAHA FUCK YEAH FROM!

ixix

Dresden said:
What is that, a 25% nerf on sorcery? Deserved change.

Deserved, yes. But still oh so painful.

elty said:
結晶輪の盾が
亡者戦士に撃ったときに
ダメージ1200から180になった

Crystal Ring Shield
Undead warrior
Before 1200 now 180

Ha ha, oh my. Yeah, that's a wee bit of a nerf.

Haunted

elty said:
結晶輪の盾が
亡者戦士に撃ったときに
ダメージ1200から180になった

Crystal Ring Shield
Undead warrior
Before 1200 now 180
That's not a balance fix, that's a bug fix. :p

No way it was ever intended like this.

Zeliard

ixix said:
Not sure, I've never seen a full-power Crystal Ring Shield shot. I know it's possible to get ~2000 damage out of a shot of Crystal Soul Spear, though. Can the shield match that?

It's not going to now!

ixix

Zeliard said:
It's not going to now!

Yeah, even with sorcery getting toned down I'm pretty sure the Crystal Ring Shield isn't going to be an adequate substitute any more.

def sim

Lifehunt scythe in PvP battles will be so good now. Homing soulmass + semi wide arc w/ huge bleed chance if they roll away will be a fun tactic.

MechaX

elty said:
結晶輪の盾が
亡者戦士に撃ったときに
ダメージ1200から180になった

Crystal Ring Shield
Undead warrior
Before 1200 now 180

BAHAHA WHAT

Man, and you all thought that typo for Pyro was crazy!

john tv

Hey duck, the last one isn't referring to translation errors. The bulletpoint is talking about changes made to the JP game as a result of changes made for the overseas version as well, which wouldn't be translation-related, but more likely stuff that's English in both versions (i.e. YOU DEFEATED).

That's not to say they couldn't have fixed errors too, but they're not talking about that here in the JP patch notes at least.

As for YOU DEFEATED, if anyone can beat a boss and check post-patch, it'd be greatly appreciated! Super curious to see if/how they updated it.

ixix

john tv said:
Hey duck, the last one isn't referring to translation errors. The bulletpoint is talking about changes made to the JP game as a result of changes made for the overseas version as well, which wouldn't be translation-related, but more likely stuff that's English in both versions (i.e. YOU DEFEATED).

That's not to say they couldn't have fixed errors too, but they're not talking about that here in the JP patch notes at least.

As for YOU DEFEATED, if anyone can beat a boss and check post-patch, it'd be greatly appreciated! Super curious to see if/how they updated it.

So I don't need to comb through every single item description again?

This post is like manna from heaven.

Top Bottom