• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 3 announced (Early 2016, PC/PS4/XB1, Miyazaki Directing)

Well, Lord Gwyn, The Witch of Izalith, Nito and even Manus returned in DS II, so I don't see how it would be surprising if they come back for this entry of the series too.

Struct09

Kevin VanOrd ‏@fiddlecub 3m3 minutes ago
Confirmed: summon signs. Estus flasks. Miyazaki joined project in the prototype stages, as he did with Demon's Souls. #DarkSoulsIII

Summon signs and estus flasks, all I needed to hear. I love Bloodborne but its related systems to these were just not as good.

martino

Yes sweet baby come back to your strength and rich vision and leave behind the mainstream hack'nslash action/simplification

eot

Banned
This is why I hate direct sequels. I don't see what possible point there is in bringing back G-man. His story ended and it was one of the best moments in the entire game.

Soriku

Guys seriously, the game just got announced, there are no "big spoilers" lmao!

This is why I hate direct sequels. I don't see what possible point there is in bringing back G-man. His story ended and it was one of the best moments in the entire game.

We don't know if it's Gwyn or not.

Sid

Maybe there's a way to import our character from Dark Souls 1 which would then be the first or last boss in the game.

Shmuppers

I could kinda see it. The garb that the giant was wearing at the end of the trailer looks a lot like what
Gwyn was wearing at the end of DS1.

There is a behind closed door demo? Tear the door down with a hungry mob and force them to show footage to us right now!

Hear, hear.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
CHpdfiKUwAA0c4U.jpg:large

Any doubts can now be forever silenced

It's going to be Bob, Lord Of Cinder. He is going to be cooler than Gwyn because he is a giant and built a really big gothic castle where it is always misty and desaturated and his dad could totally take Gwyn's dad in a fight.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
So according to VanOrd, Miyazaki is co-directing and joined the project in the prototype stages.

Yeah, this is definitely what I think is happening. Bit more of a touch than DSII, but also perhaps a little bit of a PR thing too.

He co-directed Bloodborne as well, didn't he?
EDIT: Not sure why I thought that... doesn't appear to be the case.

Not that it matters, the concern trolls will use this since they have nothing else at the moment.

Lux R7

there is something important for me.
i really want some info about the upgrade system. I hate, really hate the upgrade system in ds2, i just want the ds1 option. Bring back titanite kinds and, for the love of all the gods, bring back holy weapons.

(baseless) Story Speculation:
Dark Souls 3 revolves around ending the cycle of ages and the undead curse. This might involve Gwyn and the Furtive Pygmy since they seem to be the two central characters who set the cycle into motion.

Feature I'd love to see:
An optional boss rush mode where the player is given a set number of estus flasks and has to face remixed versions of bosses from throughout the series.

(baseless) Story Speculation:
Dark Souls 3 revolves around ending the cycle of ages and the undead curse. This might involve Gwyn and the Furtive Pygmy since they seem to be the two central characters who set the cycle into motion.

Feature I'd love to see:
An optional boss rush mode where the player is given a set number of estus flasks and has to face remixed versions of bosses from throughout the series.

Pygmy would be interesting to see him/her awakening the Dark Souls finally like Manus and be the final boss of the game
I though the chasm abyss would be about that in Dark Souls 2

Life gems barely worked late game why? It's a nice help for early boss fights

Better waste a Life gem than an estus for the health regen bonus.

Top Bottom