• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 3 announced (Early 2016, PC/PS4/XB1, Miyazaki Directing)

Parsnip

Reminder.
QTCXxG2.jpg

So at least gameplay footage.
I'd guess that there will be media hands-on there as well, maybe not on the floor though.

Parsnip

FYI.

zrFZR3I.jpg

I don't know who Peeverson and SunlightBlade are, but I've seen people mention them so I assume they are Souls streamers and will probably have some things to say about the game.

BlurredNotions

Neo Member
SunlightBlade is a very popular youtuber who does top 10 videos for Souls/borne PvP.
Peeve Peeverson (took me a long time to realize that it's a play on words: Pee ve pee, as in PvP) is a streamer and youtuber who focuses primarily on PvP.
The third one I don't know.

Parsnip

SunlightBlade is a very popular youtuber who does top 10 videos for Souls/borne PvP.
Peeve Peeverson (took me a long time to realize that it's a play on words: Pee ve pee, as in PvP) is a streamer and youtuber who focuses primarily on PvP.
The third one I don't know.

Third one (JKartje) is the Bamco community manager.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I want the movement to be like DS1, not 2. They can keep L3 jump if they want, but that's about it. I want to move in whatever direction I press, and I want to swing in any direction immediately after rolling. Give me that and I'll be happy.

Anything else is a bonus.

Servbot24

Banned
I hope they make whatever game they feel like making and realize their vision to the fullest, without the pollution of fan-requested homogenization.

Jobbs

Banned
Soul Memory needs to fuck off.

This -- I hate soul memory, seriously, it fucking ruins the game for me because I like to sit around sometimes and do things in repetition (such as white phantom at bosses) for the hell of it, so my SM over a while gets inflated and I don't see people anymore because I do these activities more than most.

I hope this takes a lot of inspiration from Bloodborne. Then again,DS fans probably wouldn't like that too much :D

In certain ways, sure, and I'm sure some stuff they learned making BB will be applied to DS3 -- But in general, please, no, I don't want DS3 to be Bloodborne. Bloodborne was an extremely streamlined game with so little to find in the ways of gear or spells and every character is more or less the same. No thanks to that. I want my depth and variety back.

J-Rod

Covenants is something I really hope they improve on this time. Tons of potential there, but has always come out half-assed every try.

Zaventem

Covenants is something I really hope they improve on this time. Tons of potential there, but has always come out half-assed every try.

I think fhey actually put effort into the dark souls 2 versions but I never maxed them out because I hate that game.

I hope the game allows you to regain your health if you attack the enemy right after taking damage. It incentivizes players to be more offensive, and that's a good thing.

I hope the game allows you to regain your health if you attack the enemy right after taking damage. It incentivizes players to be more offensive, and that's a good thing.
I imagine that is a mechanic they will leave with Bloodborne. Dark Souls has, generally speaking (various builds aside) been slower and more strategic in it's combat.

As much as I like that mechanic, I think that's the sort of thing that should stay in Bloodborne to differentiate the two series. Plus it was there to help compensate for lack of shield

I still can't believe this is a Miyazaki joint. He was working on two distinctly flavored major Souls projects at the same time, without compromising the quality of one (and likely both). What a legend

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Count me among the people who would like Bloodborne and Dark Souls to each maintain their separate and unique qualities. I do not want BB in DS and vice versa. Certain traits obviously they have to share because that was the point of BB to an extent, but BB's combat and design choice made it unique enough to stand on its own. Chalice Dungeons, transforming weapons, Insight - all of these things were great and things I do not want to see in DS.

As to Soul Memory, it's a solution for a real problem that just didn't quite work out. What needs to be implemented is some form of internal item and player level. You could simply do it the BB way, and remove completely item dropping. Soul Memory then doesn't become a problem because people - outside of content skipping - are limited to what they can get on their own characters.

Apdiddy

Covenants in Dark Souls II is really good, it's just if you get above a certain soul level or it's really dropped off player count wise, it's hard to find players for the covenant requirements.

I somewhat hope they won't have spells/miracles/pyromancies/hexes/etc. be dependent on covenant levels. Or if they are there, there's an alternative way of obtaining them.

Con_Smith

Banned
The only thing i need from Bloodbourne we are already getting. Based M gon give us that work with dat atmosphere. Just need covenants that aren't bs and tons of npc's and quests and we good.

Top Bottom