• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 3 announced (Early 2016, PC/PS4/XB1, Miyazaki Directing)

That is a huge spoiler imo why the hell???

Also what sense does it make bringing Gwyn back?
The cycle coming to full circle. Age of dark dying and restarting the age of fire.

This would be my guess.

Don't tell me we are gonna have another lame ass final boss fight with
Gwyn

KarmaCow

If they revealed that
Gwyn is back
at E3, I really doubt it's some game ruining spoiler. Probably ties into the idea of this being the end of the age of fire and everything (and one) coming to a head. DS2 was about the various kings and rulers vying for power and control over the ages,
bringing back the one who created the cycle
for the end of it could be interesting.

edit: spoilered for the babbies

Are you just oblivious or an asshole?

Fuck me you are in this thread about the dark souls annoucement, Namco have just told everyone that the game is about gwyn. So basically go on media blackout now, because every hashtag etc is going to say gwyn is the focus of the game

Old Dragonslayer for part 2, Old Fireguy for part 3. Based Miyazaki-sama!

I mean I can look past it if theres a damn good reason for it unlike Ornstein, but if the game is centered on Gwyn again and linking the first flame ill be a bit underwhelmed. Im hoping the eclipse stuff and apocalypse takes precedent.

That is a completely different looking gwyn design though. Perhaps the giants from Dark Souls 2 are indeed the old Giant Gods from Lordran.

Ryan7556

Neo Member
With Gwyn as a possible story focus, the whole ruined castle shown in the trailer being Anor Londo makes a lot more sense now.

ShogunX

On the Gwyn stuff -

Isn't this crown really similar to his in the original Dark Souls?

Zlmljhp.jpg

I for one am really interested if this game is tying together the stories of the previous 2 souls games and shows the end of the cycles. Hearing Gwyn is at the heart of things is kinda cool... I want to see where they go with it.

I for one am really interested if this game is tying together the stories of the previous 2 souls games and shows the end of the cycles. Hearing Gwyn is at the heart of things is kinda cool... I want to see where they go with it.

This. If it makes sense and ties everything together nicely I have no problems.

EDIT: So Van Ord just backpedaled on what he said. Apparently its just the Lord of Cinder. Not clear on whether or not its Gwyn.

Kevin VanOrd ‏@fiddlecub 3m3 minutes ago
So clarification: Lord of Cinder, I specifically asked, and they are being mum on whether this is Gwyn or, Dark Souls I player.

Kevin VanOrd ‏@fiddlecub 2m2 minutes ago
They described it as a "resurrection," but the Lord of Cinder's true identity is an official secret. Sorry to be confusing

Some New Dark Souls 3 screenshots/artwork with some old one. Posted on Facebook.

Fire is the keypoint in the design, cool

Dark Souldiers,
Do the first two games (DS1 and DS2) tie into each other? My first "Souls" game is Bloodborne, but I'd like to try out Dark Souls 3 later. Just wondering if I should play the first two.

You should still you would find then slow and wonky after BB, the lore ties both Dark Sousl games but Dark Souls 2 tries to makes its own lore and settings

VanOrd just confirmed
gwyn
is returning

If your in this thread, you should be prepared for spoiler content relating to the announcement.
The giant at the end of the trailer is supposedly
gwyn

It would be weird but there is a suble indication the Iron King found someone dept in the black iron mines who teachs him how to use the metal.

On the Gwyn stuff -

Isn't this crown really similar to his in the original Dark Souls?

Zlmljhp.jpg

Noup

Sid

The only character from Dark Souls 1 I want to see returning is Artorias,which would again make no fucking sense.

Confirmed: summon signs. Estus flasks. Miyazaki joined project in the prototype stages, as he did with Demon's Souls. #DarkSoulsIII

Confirmed: summon signs. Estus flasks. Miyazaki joined project in the prototype stages, as he did with Demon's Souls. #DarkSoulsIII

Wooo Summon Signs!

Could this be the Dream Team of Miyazaki working with the Dark Souls 2 team? I would absolutely LOVE this.

Ryan7556

Neo Member
Also VanOrd mentioned: "So clarification: Lord of Cinder, I specifically asked, and they are being mum on whether this is Gwyn or, Dark Souls I player. They described it as a "resurrection," but the Lord of Cinder's true identity is an official secret. Sorry to be confusing."

Auctopus

They described it as a "resurrection," but the Lord of Cinder's true identity is an official secret. Sorry to be confusing.

Do not go on VanOrds Twitter cause somehow I think he might've spoiled a huge twist in the game just through assumptions.

Edit: Good lord, if that's the twist I'll be pissed. He's too inquisitive for his own good.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
Kevin VanOrd ‏@fiddlecub 42 Min.Vor 42 Minuten

Sword action will be evolving, and greater range of character builds. #DarkSoulsIII Demo now begins.

This must be about the "Rush In" and "Cricle" feature. I'm interested how they'll do it, I think the circle feature is similar to the dashing in bloodborne.
The game will add “Sword Fighting Arts,” which including “Rush In” and “Circle.” The former is a sacrifice attack that allows you to dive into an opponent and take damage while delivering a huge hit, while the latter sounds like a dodge move.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Eh I'll wait and see how it work out but gwyn was a mindless hollow by the end not sure how he'd get recharged especially if this is the begging of the age of dark. Makes much more sense to bring back someone from the "dark" side like manus or the serpents. Bring back Gravelord Nito plz he was already dead anyway lol

Do not go on VanOrds Twitter cause somehow I think he might've spoiled a huge twist in the game just through assumptions.

Edit: Good lord, if that's the twist I'll be pissed. He's too inquisitive for his own good.

This is exactly what im feeling. Then again anyone would make that assumption because we only know of one character named Lord of Cinder.

Dresden

It's just speculation after a 20 minute gameplay demo. I wouldn't worry about it.

Top Bottom