• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Styles

Hmm, after getting all 30 shackles from pvping as a Sorc, I've warmed up to it quite a bit. A combination of Affinity, GHSA and Farron Flashsword usually gets the job done in 1v1.

robin2

the last patch noticeably worsened the performance for me (pc here), game now intermittently "freezes" for a second.
quite annoying, is there maybe a way to revert to the previous version?

dude

dude
the last patch noticeably worsened the performance for me (pc here), game now intermittently "freezes" for a second.

For me as well. It ran flawless before :(

Hopefully it's fixes soon, it can be so very annoying when it happens at the wrong time.

2AdEPT

I have a luck build where I only use various daggers. I'm torn between Blood infused twin daggers or hollow twin daggers with carthus rogue. Most people would say just take hollow and buff, but I think this weapon in general gets really a really high bleed stat when infused and daggers don't do a ton of damage without critical/bleed anyway. I enjoy not having to buff and not spending souls on more rogue.

I guess I just need to test if the infusion bleeds out faster or if the buff does, because that's the most important part.

pm me if you find anything out...got the same problem....although I only have one hollow rock regardless...have two blood rocks...choices choices!
Man ENB sure takes his time playing it...... like too much time lol

probably the slowest run I've ever seen.
Kay is by far the most painfully slow LPer by far...I have had to fast forward continuously or I couldnt watch. It took her 5 episodes to get out of firelink.Jeff Green is turning into a pro mowing down bosses faster than Kay now! :p

LiK

pm me if you find anything out...got the same problem....although I only have one hollow rock regardless...have two blood rocks...choices choices!

Kay is by far the most painfully slow LPer by far...I have had to fast forward continuously or I couldnt watch. It took her 5 episodes to get out of firelink.Jeff Green is turning into a pro mowing down bosses faster than Kay now! :p

Are you fucking kidding me? 5 eps in Firelink Shrine? There's literally nothing there of interest before you starting finding NPCs. Was she analyzing the wall textures?

Meccs

Really? I have a lvl 50 with +6 weapon and theres lot of cooop and pvp signs there.

It's really weird. I check with my SL85 and SL120 and there are tons, I log back with my SL60 and maybe 1 or 2. Even when I wait for 5 minutes or so. Strange...

I made it to the twin princes, but I'm done. I can't play this game anymore. It's been a hell of a ride, and it's a baller game, but I'm physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted. I'm utterly drained. I can't keep screaming at my screen almost breaking my controller. The madness and hyper-stress has to stop. I'll die if I keep playing. Yeah, one, two, princes kneel before you. That's what I said, now. But no more. I just can't.

johnsmith

remember me
I made it to the twin princes, but I'm done. I can't play this game anymore. It's been a hell of a ride, and it's a baller game, but I'm physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted. I'm utterly drained. I can't keep screaming at my screen almost breaking my controller. The madness and hyper-stress has to stop. I'll die if I keep playing. Yeah, one, two, princes kneel before you. That's what I said, now. But no more. I just can't.

Have you been summoning help? It makes the bosses a breeze.

Ferr986

It's really weird. I check with my SL85 and SL120 and there are tons, I log back with my SL60 and maybe 1 or 2. Even when I wait for 5 minutes or so. Strange...

Well lvl 80 and 120 will be more populated for PvP but still at 50 it's crowded too. Get summoned instantly for coop and pvp and I also can see lots of signs (Its true that theres more PvP signs at higher levels, I also have an 80 and 120 char apart for the 50 one)

That sucks because you're at the end already, only 2 bosses left for you, included that one. But if you think you're done there's no point on forcing it.

If you ever have a change of mind, I can help you beat them in co-op.

KHlover

Banned

Good on you for recognizing when to call it quits for a while. I actually DID break my controller when, after a successful day of defeating Artorias, Kalameet and Manus I got booped by Gwyn after bringing him down to a sliver of health on my first try. Further tries all ended badly and at some point I snapped.

ljuqa.jpg

20160210_17362495yi1.jpg

RIP friend

Meccs

If anyone is curious about Hollow Infusion scaling:

Hollow Weapon +4 equals +3 luck.
Hollow Weapon +5 equals +4 luck.
Hollow Weapon +6 equals +4 luck.

So from +5 to +6 you gain nothing.
Don't have enough Titanite Chunk to test more.

Edit: seems the hollow/luck thing is actually showing wrong stuff. When I unequip a hollow weapon it shows my base luck. I equip it and then it shows me the added luck on the stats screen. Now when I open the equipment and un/equip it back and forth then it actually adds the +lucks stat to it.

finalflame

Gold Member
I was unhappy with every single dex weapon I tried, so I switched my build to STR and started using Fume UGS. I love the game again.

bj00rn_

Banned

It really is annoying, the freezes fucks with my brain.

I never really gave it much thought, but now trying to find a way to roll back the Steam version I realize two things:

There's no apparent way to opt out of Steam patches(?)
There's no apparent way to roll back patches(?)

It appears that this is a critical issue affecting a large part of the customer base. It's now days after, so if not a new patch there should at least already been a temporary fix (roll back) in place.

silva1991

I'm watching her DS3 playthrough right now and holy shit she is slow xD

but her commentary is fantastic as usual.

Sarcasm

Have you tried upping the pagefile? Doesn't get rid of it but I barely get it.

Tarkus

Nice, though I swear I've seen a video of someone parrying (possibly spell parrying) the MLGS special attack.
A lot of that data is wrong and it doesn't account for vertical attacks which are parryable on 2-handed ultras, halberds, greataxes, and great hammers. The skill Spin Sweep is parryable too. It's happened to me with a Partizan. The uploader Mriwont4get was saying it could be parried on the second hit but not the first or some shit like that

Also what happened to this pre-release art:

Dark-Souls-III-2.png

And the idea about moving bonfires around? That you could move some bodies around and thrust into them the Coiled Sword in different areas to set up different placed bonfires?

I found my new hobby: I invade a world, I transform myself into a chair, and I wait. I'm actually into a world with host + 2 phantoms and it has been 10min they're looking for me. I'm gonna play some 3DS in the meantime I think

The Chef

Omg I cant believe it is taking me this long to get the Black Knight Great Axe.
I even reallocated my stats so that I have 42 Luck. I use a rusted Gold Coin each time I grind on the Black Knight in the Smoldering Lake and all I have to show for it are a pair of gauntlets and a shield. Been at it for an hour now D:

Ferr986

Dark-Souls-III-2.png

And the idea about moving bonfires around? That you could move some bodies around and thrust into them the Coiled Sword in different areas to set up different placed bonfires?

Scrapped. Those pics are pre alpha stuff and not true ingame but just targets. Keep in mind that those pics were leaked.

myco666

Isn't that picture from (last location spoiler)
Kiln of the First Flame
? It has different color palette but still pretty similiar IMO. And yeah Bonfire Sacrifice mechanic was scrapped for some reason.

Kiln of the First Flame
? It has different color palette but still pretty similiar IMO. And yeah Bonfire Sacrifice mechanic was scrapped for some reason.

Is similar, but the composition and several elements differs greatly.

I hope we'll see this on the DLC.

onionfrog

Not getting summoned for Abyss Watchers.

Probably not many people playing the PC version this weekend since the patch introduced micro freezing & stuttering.
:(
From pls!

I found my new hobby: I invade a world, I transform myself into a chair, and I wait. I'm actually into a world with host + 2 phantoms and it has been 10min they're looking for me. I'm gonna play some 3DS in the meantime I think

I invaded as a mad phantom once and the host had transformed into a vase, just by the bonfire. He died in 2 blows.

Kiln of the First Flame

The Abyss/Deep/Darkness monster is also missing in the game :(

Tarkus

I'm stinking it up today in PvP. 25 hours of PvP exclusively and I'm going 2-20. I think I'm using too many different weapons. Fucking quality build.

Hakkuei

Dark-Souls-III-2.png

This was one of my biggest disappointments. It looked so sick and I was so excited about it, but instead we got that lame
Kiln
which is basically just a bridge from the bonfire to the boss.

I guess maybe the consoles couldn't handle it.

I'm stinking it up today in PvP. 25 hours of PvP exclusively and I'm going 2-20. I think I'm using too many different weapons. Fucking quality build.

I've been using the Lothric Knight Sword on my new char, with great success. The shield break seems underused in PvP. 90% of the time I take people out just by breaking their shield and riposting with the Hornet Ring.

It's great for taking out Knights in PvE as well, since even Cathedral Knights get their guard broken with it.

Tarkus

I've been using the Lothric Knight Sword on my new char, with great success. The shield break seems underused in PvP. 90% of the time I take people out just by breaking their shield and riposting with the Hornet Ring.

It's great for taking out Knights in PvE as well, since even Cathedral Knights get their guard broken with it.
That was my main weapon throughout the game and much of the PvP. I have so many kills with it. The thrusts are so vicious and use little stamina. I've kinda retired it. Might be time to go back.

That was my main weapon throughout the game and much of the PvP. I have so many kills with it. The thrusts are so vicious and use little stamina. I've kinda retired it. Might be time to go back.

If you haven't tried it, I recommend the Carthus Curved Sword as well. The running R1 is a good opener, the 2h R1 is really quick, and the weapon art is great for punishing people fishing for parries.

Tarkus

If you haven't tried it, I recommend the Carthus Curved Sword as well. The running R1 is a good opener, the 2h R1 is really quick, and the weapon art is great for punishing people fishing for parries.
I have it and have not tried it. Just reading up on it and it sounds like a great weapon. Is it worth a Refined Gem on a 40/40 build?

Sarcasm

Yes, with throwing knives or arrows. 2 at a time is manageable if you have a weapon with horizontal swings. Also, they can't completely kill you with the stare.

I went through all my arrows..non of them came over.

*shrug* I just bum rushed packs and ran..lol

I have it and have not tried it. Just reading up on it and it sounds like a great weapon. Is it worth a Refined Gem on a 40/40 build?

Not entirely sure how good it is on refined. It only gets a C/C scaling but from what i've noticed, it seems to have a higher AR overall than other weapons. for example when I still had it at +7 infused with dark it had a 423 AR with the clutch ring, at 32/30 INT/FTH with C/C scaling. While a dark infused Dark sword at +7 only had 410 AR with the ring at B/B scaling.

I recommend trying it out anyway, since any disparities in damage are more than made up for in the moveset, and the different combos you can chain together.

Top Bottom