• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Damn people really consider the Crystal Sage super easy? :(
Guess I'd better get good

Damn people really consider the Crystal Sage super easy? :(
Guess I'd better get good

Depends on your build... once you know what he does he isn't terrible, but if you are just rushing in and trying to melee he can kill you pretty easily, especially if you are a lowbie from running through the prior areas. Phase 2 people seem to like to skip the clones and try and burn him down asap, but if you are not careful 2-3 soul spears from the different clones in your back and your're done. They only take 1 hit to kill so I normally take at least a few out to cut down on the chance of that happening.

I think he must be weak to fire because sometimes I've summoned on him and if someone is a pyro I've seen him die before he even gets to phase 2, he doesn't even get in a second submerge/teleport.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Wait how does that work? Is the player invisible to other players or what?

The other players can see him but thought he was just one of the player outlines you see online. Thats why he was sitting down at the bonfire to make it seem more legit lol

It's remarkable how quickly you can get through this game once you know what you're doing. Just finished my third play through in about 5 hours.

Great game. Probably my favourite Souls. But now it gets put to one side while I try to get back into The Witcher 3 ready for the DLC.

Cat Party

Is Aldritch considered one of the toughest bosses? That arrow barrage is just insane. I summoned in to help people about a dozen times and we only killed him twice. Then I died about a dozen times before killing him. I summoned a helper who only made it about half way through. I actually died to his arrow barrage as I killed him, but it counted.

Also, that encounter with the weird croco wolves was great. A real classic Dark Souls situation where the first three times you think it's impossible, and then you start making progress. A few tries later, and I'm dancing around these fools, dispatching them easily.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Is Aldritch considered one of the toughest bosses? That arrow barrage is just insane. I summoned in to help people about a dozen times and we only killed him twice. Then I died about a dozen times before killing him. I summoned a helper who only made it about half way through. I actually died to his arrow barrage as I killed him, but it counted.

Also, that encounter with the weird croco wolves was great. A real classic Dark Souls situation where the first three times you think it's impossible, and then you start making progress. A few tries later, and I'm dancing around these fools, dispatching them easily.

Once you know how to dodge it the super arrow barrage in form 2 is not a problem. You're supposed to sprint away and make like a spiral formation. It will never hit you that way. The only problem is that sometimes he shoots attacks at you during your sprint away.

It's remarkable how quickly you can get through this game once you know what you're doing. Just finished my third play through in about 5 hours.

Great game. Probably my favourite Souls. But now it gets put to one side while I try to get back into The Witcher 3 ready for the DLC.

Yeah when you replay the game and (surprisingly) do not feel the game's fatigue it dawns on you how great this game really is from start to finish. It really has no weak areas IMO. No low points. An overall fantastic Souls title that somehow managed to not fuck it up anywhere.

Except dat poise :)

Cat Party

Once you know how to dodge it the super arrow barrage in form 2 is not a problem. You're supposed to sprint away and make like a spiral formation. It will never hit you that way. The only problem is that sometimes he shoots attacks at you during your sprint away.

Yeah, I figured out how to dodge the arrows, but he kept tagging me with that soul spear while I was running.

I wish. :( Nothing early to mid game that's for sure.

;_;

I'm working on a faith build and it's hell. And stupid.
Sunlight Spear after the last boss? Seriously? Should have been a covenant reward.
And why i have to complete a npc quest that has nothing to do with SunBros to get Bountiful Sunlight (and join another covenant)? And a THIRD covenant to join to get darkmoon blade?

Why is everything on the last part of the game? Why so much farming? WHY

The struggle.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yes, if you are making something else than a pure dex, strength or quality, be prepared to wait a long-ass time to get your build going. Faith is probably the worst, though.

Manu

Easily worst to plat.

Nah. You need to get Pure Bladestone once. Here you need to do double the amount of farming time because covenants won't work.

What about manipulating world tendency on purpose in order to get certain NPCs to spawn, getting the primeval demon souls, there's a lot more to it than just the bladestone.

I'd rather farm 30 proofs of concord again (which took like 4-5 hours in total) than having to play through the entirety of Demon's Souls in a very specific way four times in a row.

zoukka

Finished at 41 hours. A great game and with Bloodborne the best games on current gen consoles/PC. So many memorable locales and bosses. My favourites were:

King of the Storm/Nameless King
Pontiff Sullyvahn
Abyss Watchers
Prince Lorian and Lothric
Rotting Great-tree

Some locations took my breath away. The consistency of the paths was incredible. The game is the most epic video game ever made, a combination of the lore, locations, connectivity, NPC:s and bosses. And of course the incredible music.

Bravo From and Miyazaki.

Ferr986

;_;

I'm working on a faith build and it's hell. And stupid.
Sunlight Spear after the last boss? Seriously? Should have been a covenant reward.
And why i have to complete a npc quest that has nothing to do with SunBros to get Bountiful Sunlight (and join another covenant)? And a THIRD covenant to join to get darkmoon blade?

Why is everything on the last part of the game? Why so much farming? WHY

The struggle.

Also, spells cost a shitton more of MP than pyro (dunno about sorceries). And you get the best pyro spells early. Fth really sucks IMO.

Also, spells cost a shitton more of MP than pyro
oh yes this. It's insane.

And so much souls to farm to get these levels... and the co op for the coins,
and this...
and that..
and...

GOD WHY AM I DOING THIS

BRJjQwu.png

Persona7

Banned
I was summoned to someones game and we were waiting around for another person to join and the host kept using the binoculars on me and I noticed the blue robe exposes your characters crotch when doing the patches squat

myco666

What about manipulating world tendency on purpose in order to get certain NPCs to spawn, getting the primeval demon souls, there's a lot more to it than just the bladestone.

I'd rather farm 30 proofs of concord again (which took like 4-5 hours in total) than having to play through the entirety of Demon's Souls in a very specific way four times in a row.

Manipulating world tendency is easy and you get everything you need in one NG cycle (need to go for NG+ and NG++ for some of the boss souls though). Even then you are progressing through the game. With this you have to be 10-20 hours grinding at the same exact spot and you can't speed up the process in anyway. When you are grinding at a certain locations for hours you are not doing any progress what so ever. You are just there and look at the time pass by. To me that is way worse than just playing through a good game again in a certain way.

Vena

So much of this game can be skipped with Spook (and even more quickly with Hidden Body for ease of movement). I think I ran through Cathedral in like 15 minutes.

I've gotten to Pontiff in a little over 3 hours, and killed all the other lords and bosses available before hand.

I just noticed in the Archives what looks like a statue of Frampt or Kaathe. It seems to be in armour with little wings (either as shoulder pads or actual tiny wings) but no arms, but the face and neck definately look like a primordial serpent. Maybe there are others, but this particular one was just past the 3-party gank squad.

Not sure what relevence lore it makes, I don't really take too much notice, but it just caught my eye.

Manu

Manipulating world tendency is easy and you get everything you need in one NG cycle (need to go for NG+ and NG++ for some of the boss souls though). Even then you are progressing through the game. With this you have to be 10-20 hours grinding at the same exact spot and you can't speed up the process in anyway. When you are grinding at a certain locations for hours you are not doing any progress what so ever. You are just there and look at the time pass by. To me that is way worse than just playing through a good game again in a certain way.

Farming concords definitely shouldn't take up to 20 hours.

I guess it all comes down at what you consider tedious, and to me Demon's is by far the worst plat in the series.

Seriously, I'm only lacking the platinum trophies for DeS and DS1, which are the only one I don't have, and it's put me off getting them completely.

silva1991

Well you did say before that DeS is your least favorite souls title so. that's understandable :p

but yeah the whole world tendency thing and primeval demons were atrocious.

myco666

Farming concords definitely shouldn't take up to 20 hours.

I guess it all comes down at what you consider tedious, and to me Demon's is by far the worst plat in the series.

Seriously, I'm only lacking the platinum trophies for DeS and DS1, which are the only one I don't have, and it's put me off getting them completely.

Proofs, Grass and Dregs. None of those worked for me so and hey if you have spotty internet add Sunlight Medals, Shackles and Tongues on the list. Easily 20 hours worth of farming. The requirements are ridiculous in this game. At least in Dark Souls 1 you got almost all Covenant items you needed from guaranteed enemy drops and treasures around the world.

JerkShep

SL1 Run update: O
ceiros
and C
hampion
G
undyr
down. With the Priestess Ring I can now use a Raw Astora Straight Sword and it's a beast, very high AR. Plus the Prisoner's Chain seems to be very useful in this kind of run.

O
ceiros
is not a pretty fight to watch, but I'm proud of my fight against G
undyr
. Here's the battle. I used the Knight's Ring so I could equip a shield that blocked 100% physical damage, that helped a lot. In the second phase I used Golden Pine Bundles and I managed to stagger him at the end.

I'm a bit scared to face some of the fights ahead, but so far it's been a very fun run.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Agreed. I mean I am not a trophy hunter in any way, but I got the Demon's Souls plat just by playing the game a lot, mostly normally without farming. The exception was the pure bladestone, but I didn't farm it for a trophy, but to upgrade my uchi that I was actually using.

The last two trophies I got? The upgrades for marrowstone and cloudstone. The pures were loot, but chunks were very rare. I wasn't sure if these upgrade paths were worth it. But eventually, after playing a lot I ended up with just enough chunks to make a fatal estoc and a dark knight shield.

...They weren't worth it. :( lol

Never got the plat for Dark Souls I and II, because I saw no value in making raw or crystal weapons (like I'm gonna waste a slab on those!) or farming the channeler's trident or making that shitty sword from Sif soul or whatever. In DS2 I think you need to go far into NG++ to buy a miracle and I never bothered either.

Grinding for trophies is for suckers. -)

Tarkus

Agreed. I mean I am not a trophy hunter in any way, but I got the Demon's Souls plat just by playing the game a lot, mostly normally without farming. The exception was the pure bladestone, but I didn't farm it for a trophy, but to upgrade my uchi that I was actually using.

The last two trophies I got? The upgrades for marrowstone and cloudstone. The pures were loot, but chunks were very rare. I wasn't sure if these upgrade paths were worth it. But eventually, after playing a lot I ended up with just enough chunks to make a fatal estoc and a dark knight shield.

Never got the plat for Dark Souls I and II, because I saw no value in making raw or crystal weapons (like I'm gonna waste a slab on those!) or farming the channeler's trident or making that shitty sword from Sif soul or whatever. In DS2 I think you need to go far into NG++ to buy a miracle and I never bothered either.

I've only gotten 1 or 2 plats in my life and they were both on my account that Bamco soft banned :p

Mistel

Banned
Never got the plat for Dark Souls I and II, because I saw no value in making raw or crystal weapons (like I'm gonna waste a slab on those!) or farming the channeler's trident or making that shitty sword from Sif soul or whatever.
Raw is understandable but why not crystal?

Haha, you look like a giant going to kill those poor snake men.

I can't unsee it now, thanks...

One of my characters was in NG+5 with everything maxed, so I decided might aswell get the achievements, nothing else to do with all these slabs :p. Funny story, I first 100%'d DaS 1 on my Xbox 360, then I got the game on Steam but it used GFWL and I 100%'d it again, so on my xbox profile I have DaS 1 100%'d twice :D

Proofs, Grass and Dregs. None of those worked for me so and hey if you have spotty internet add Sunlight Medals, Shackles and Tongues on the list. Easily 20 hours worth of farming. The requirements are ridiculous in this game. At least in Dark Souls 1 you got almost all Covenant items you needed from guaranteed enemy drops and treasures around the world.

I fucking hate Grass and Proofs. Tounges were easier then Grass, which are easier than Proofs.

I never tried for Sunlight Medals & Shackles, but currently easiest to hardest for me went: Dregs, Tounges, Grass, Proofs

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
ENB calling
Dragonslayer Armor Ornstein
smh... for someone who didn't like cheap references he sure seems quick to assume that it's one based on almost no evidence.

Jesus, I just got to Irityll of the Boreal Valley and I'm getting one shot by so many things. Sorc build and I guess I just don't have enough HP/Stamina, ugh.

KingKong

seriously ENB how do you completely forget the area you are going through. him going down the ladder in the archives and not realizing he went up that way the first time is a headscratcher

Top Bottom