• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Minamu

Luck builds are most definitely hollow. Unless you use anri's sword exclusively, the hollow infusion allows you to take any weapon and have it scale off luck, the extra 5 luck points you get for being hollow is not worth throwing away just cause you dont like looking frail imo...you can use the rings form Yurai to look normal, if that's your gripe. I suppose not being able to hire two phantoms is a gripe some may have, but I never hire help, the most I need is one to hire the NPC to forward their story....and otherwise I only offer assistance.
Actually, at Hollowing lvl 34, I kinda look like how the Joker looked in Arkham City :lol Pretty cool!

Soulhouf

Got invaded by a mound maker in Farron Keep and a few seconds later 2 Blades of the Darkmoon showed up.
Is this a thing now or did the game glitch?

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I have a luck build where I only use various daggers. I'm torn between Blood infused twin daggers or hollow twin daggers with carthus rogue. Most people would say just take hollow and buff, but I think this weapon in general gets really a really high bleed stat when infused and daggers don't do a ton of damage without critical/bleed anyway. I enjoy not having to buff and not spending souls on more rogue.

I guess I just need to test if the infusion bleeds out faster or if the buff does, because that's the most important part.

I'm proud of myself for making it this far without having to summon help, but man I'm pretty stuck now. I just have the 2 hardest bosses in the game left to beat (NK and SoC), and they are kicking my ass. I got SoC down to half health in his 2nd phase but his relentless attacks gave me no space to heal so I died after getting hit by a combo.

But at least SoC is a fun fight. Hard as fuck, but exhilarating.

NK's first phase is just really fucking annoying; it feels like more of a fight against my own depth perception than anything. I've only gotten to his 2nd phase twice and both times he bodied me in less than a minute. I might crack on this one and use a summon. I'm not really having any fun fighting him alone.

Skii

Stat req came in because of twinkers I think. Taking away the weight would make vit basically useless, which I don't think they want.

Also no more souls games :( our lord and soulvior Hidetaka Miyazaki said DaS 3 was the end of the soul series for him. Like, if a woker asked if they can make a DaS 4 he won't stop em, but he won't have anything to do with it.

Well by "Souls" games I just mean games in a similar vein i.e Bloodborne. I'd love a different spin on it like Egyptian mythology.

I hope they don't revive Dark Souls after this. I haven't finished the game and regardless of how I feel about the ending, 3 Souls games is enough for this series. I hope Bandai don't force another Souls game because of the name (which they probably will), it will probably be like DS2 which I was extremely disappointed with. It's still a good game but DS3 even to the point I am shows how important the guidance of Miyazaki and his team are to the games.

Tarkus

Well by "Souls" games I just mean games in a similar vein i.e Bloodborne. I'd love a different spin on it like Egyptian mythology.

I hope they don't revive Dark Souls after this. I haven't finished the game and regardless of how I feel about the ending, 3 Souls games is enough for this series. I hope Bandai don't force another Souls game because of the name (which they probably will), it will probably be like DS2 which I was extremely disappointed with. It's still a good game but DS3 even to the point I am shows how important the guidance of Miyazaki and his team are to the games.
I think Namco-Bandai's contract with FROM is up with Dark Souls 3.

Omg I'd love an Egyptian Mythology spin!

Yeah I'm on the same boat. Dark Souls 3, as much as I love the series, should be the end of it. More souls-like games for sure, but not related to Dark Souls at all.

MilkBeard

Yeah, and the only zone where Way of the Blue doesn't work. I've tested it, no Blue EVER! This would be the perfect zone but nope, ganking the host it is.
Dunno why From thinks the gank is fun.
The problem is (I'm pretty sure that) blues don't get summoned when an area covenant invades. I think it is wasted potential.

Wait if I'm hollow then I can only summon one instead of two helpers? How hollow?

Being hollow doesnt matter regarding summoning people. You have to be embered to be able to summon people. Normally you can summon 2 people. However there are regions of the game, such as Farron Keep, that will only allow you to summon one person.

If you used the Dried Fingers, you can summon more people in such areas but that will also allow you to be invaded faster and by more people.

Personal experiences, I believe its the covenant defending areas that allows you to to summon 1 person instead of the norm, which is 2 summons. Why do I think that? I played the entire game coop with 2-4 rl friends.

You can be unembered and put down your summon sign to be summon into someone's world.

neoism

vU3JTB6.gif

Weird. When I invade in the High Wall (you can get the red orb pretty early btw, no need to use cracked orbs, if you need the first Pale Tongue there's one as loot early on too), I mostly get newbie questers, though sometimes I get low level fight clubs and/or camping gankers too. It's a lot of fun though, 'cause you're mostly paired with cooping players, but they're usually terrible at PvP so it's very winnable.

Yeah, I know that the Pale Tongue can be looted early in the game, I'm on my fourth playthrough :p I like to use the cracked orbs to get the tongue so I can have the full orb before leaving the High Wall. As I've progressed (SL57 now) I've been coming across exactly the same thing as I was seeing in the early areas; Hosts surrounded by phantoms with late game gear. The scaling is bullshit, they do crazy damage to me and I do barely any to them.

Qblivion

I need some serious help. After defeating
aldritch
I was teleported somewhere, but for shitty reasons I pulled away from my pc and was killed by something and dropped over 100k souls. where the hell is my bloodstain?

aldritch
I was teleported somewhere, but for shitty reasons I pulled away from my pc and was killed by something and dropped over 100k souls. where the hell is my bloodstain?
High wall of Lothric where you got the banner from Emma, High Priestess of LothricEm.

Mokoi

Banned
aldritch
Where you get the banner to get carried by the white flying things. Opposite of the vordt of boreal valley boss room. prepare to homeward bone if you don't want to fight, :D
spoiler because why not.

Qblivion

High wall of Lothric where you got the banner from Emma, High Priestess of LothricEm.

I actually watched a video online that showed someone being teleported there, but it wasn't a boss room for them. it is for me because i'm dumb and triggered the fight before i was ready. I went in looking for my souls but they weren't there. thankfully I had a ring of sacrifice. I did manage to catch a glimpse of what killed me and it looked like some kind of knight.

Minamu

I've been watching a lot of pvp troll videos on youtube lately and one thing occurred to me that I haven't considered: Do you not see the names of players until you lock on or something? How else could the masquerade videos work so well (where you dress up as an enemy and hide in plain sight)?

Sarcasm

aldritch

I never got this...

Anyone else experiencing problems backstabbing some mobs? My character will do the backstab animation but the mob doesn't get backstabbed. He still gets hit, but it's not a critical hit.

Sarcasm

heh I got invaded while having my HP reduced to almost nil.

At least it was 1 vs 1 (where as my previous experiences was 3 vs 1). Was boring as heck, funny when fighting AI its more interesting. I don't know what is going to be worse, grinding mobs for the covenant items or doing PvP. At least grinding don't have to deal with shitty netcode & can watch movies -.-

Starting a sorcery build, which I've not really gotten to far with in other souls games. I'm determined to see this one through!

What is a good early game melee weapon for the sorcerer? Unless it is required to make a big difference, I'm trying not to put stats into str/dex, going for as much magic power as I can... but if there is a weapon that is just superior for a sorcerer, I'll of course bump up those stats. It seems like the choice is rapier or shortsword but neither has been particularly thrilling. I'm only planning on bumping to the minimum for any weapon needed, and then make up the difference with magic weapon (or crystal infused I guess when I get to the coal).

Starting a sorcery build, which I've not really gotten to far with in other souls games. I'm determined to see this one through!

What is a good early game melee weapon for the sorcerer? Unless it is required to make a big difference, I'm trying not to put stats into str/dex, going for as much magic power as I can... but if there is a weapon that is just superior for a sorcerer, I'll of course bump up those stats. It seems like the choice is rapier or shortsword but neither has been particularly thrilling. I'm only planning on bumping to the minimum for any weapon needed, and then make up the difference with magic weapon (or crystal infused I guess when I get to the coal).

I started a sorcerer going for a dark hex build. I started with short sword till I fsrm the dark sword to infuse with s deep gem

tariniel

Edit: Nevermind, I needed to actiavte the bonfire "Central Irithyll" AFTER the bridge, past the barrier which requires the doll. I got my ring and such.

I don't understand what I did wrong with the Sirris questline. I'm trying to get the silvercat ring. I'm on NG+. I never equipped Rosaria's Fingers a single time the entire way through. I followed the wiki, talked to her, found the ashes in Farron Keep, talked to her again, made my way to Irithyll, killed the lizard on the bridge... and there's no summon sign.

LiK

Edit: Nevermind, I needed to actiavte the bonfire "Central Irithyll" AFTER the bridge, past the barrier which requires the doll. I got my ring and such.

I don't understand what I did wrong with the Sirris questline. I'm trying to get the silvercat ring. I'm on NG+. I never equipped Rosaria's Fingers a single time the entire way through. I followed the wiki, talked to her, found the ashes in Farron Keep, talked to her again, made my way to Irithyll, killed the lizard on the bridge... and there's no summon sign.

Are you Embered?

S
oul
of C
inder
DOWN! Oh man, I really wasn't sure if I would be able to do it solo. What a rush! I did a lap around my apartment after landing the final blow lol. I was so stoked.

I used my final rebirth on a Faith/Luck build, where I use Anri's Straight Sword and the Sacred Oath, Deep Protection, and Lightning Blade miracles. It's my favorite build yet. I've tried out the quality build, full str FUGS build, and 2 variants of the hollow bleed build, but at the end of the day I love Anri's Straight Sword too much. I have no problem being married to this weapon, which I definitely am with this build.

So at last, only 1 boss remains. N
ameless
K
ing
. I got tired of getting my ass kicked solo so I put down my white soapstone to help others out. Man, this guy tears through groups like no other. It's still an annoying fight (especially the first phase), but playing with a group is entertaining at least. And it feels really good when you help someone beat it. Jolly cooperation!

Meccs

The problem is (I'm pretty sure that) blues don't get summoned when an area covenant invades. I think it is wasted potential.

Exactly what I was thinking. This would solve a lot of "I don't get summoned as a blue" problems and would be perfect since most of the time two Aldrich will invade anyway.

Somewhat related: I did level up a third character (first SL120, second SL859) that just reached the area behind Pontiff. I'm now SL60 and there are almost no summoning signs there. This level system is really the worst. With my other characters I had the impression this would be a perfect zone for SL60 and +4 weapon, doing Aldrich and stuff.

Ferr986

Exactly what I was thinking. This would solve a lot of "I don't get summoned as a blue" problems and would be perfect since most of the time two Aldrich will invade anyway.

Somewhat related: I did level up a third character (first SL120, second SL859) that just reached the area behind Pontiff. I'm now SL60 and there are almost no summoning signs there. This level system is really the worst. With my other characters I had the impression this would be a perfect zone for SL60 and +4 weapon, doing Aldrich and stuff.

Really? I have a lvl 50 with +6 weapon and theres lot of cooop and pvp signs there.

Top Bottom